NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Just finished watching The Garden of Words after seeing a gif posted from it on Era. Such a gorgeously animated movie. I tend to watch more anime series because I love the longer stories and because of that I forget just how amazing anime can look with the higher budgets.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

Watched Dragon Ball Super: Broly just now.

First 45 minutes were a little boring but then it was Dragon Ball action at its best. The fight was awesome. :peace: 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Interesting... Does this mean we'll get faster releases and more titles available to stream? *Searches FUNImation Now for One Piece*. Nope.

Manga UK used to get a lot of their masters from Madman (Australian distributors) so interesting if that changes.

Worryingly though, apparently the FUNImation release of Dragon Ball Super: Broly has a green tint or something which the Manga UK version doesn't, hopefully we don't start getting these kinds of issues.

Anyone reading the Manhwa Solo Leveling?

It’s so damn good!

On 6/30/2019 at 8:12 PM, Kav said:

Anyone reading the Manhwa Solo Leveling?

It’s so damn good!

I hate its layout. I don't know why, it just doesn't sit right with me...

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

I hate its layout. I don't know why, it just doesn't sit right with me...

Dude, stick with it!

17 minutes ago, Kav said:

Dude, stick with it!

Don't tell me what to do. :p 

I'll give it another go soon.

• Haha 1

On 9.7.2019 at 7:55 PM, Kav said:

Dude, stick with it!

Well, 33 chapters in and...I don't know ::shrug: 

I really don't like the fact that the main character is simply getting stronger and can beat every enemy with relative ease. The fights are cool, but the story needs some twists and turns (what's happening now is not that interesting) to keep me engaged. I'll stick with it for now but it needs to ramp up in the next chapters or I'll find a different manga to read.

• Like 1

Watching Attack on Titan S2 on Crunchyroll.

Fuck me, do all the characters look the same. Doesn't help that they all wear the same outfit, but they keep jumping around with the timeline and I have no idea who anybody is. Still pretty good though.

I'm sure some of you know by now, but...

Spoiler

Yes, CNN are actually reporting on it.

Ash is officially not a loser anymore!

If you don't watch it, don't go complaining about the art style change, because you're just embarrassing yourself by displaying your ignorance.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm sure some of you know by now, but...

Pokémon Sun/Moon anime spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

Yes, CNN are actually reporting on it.

Ash is officially not a loser anymore!

If you don't watch it, don't go complaining about the art style change, because you're just embarrassing yourself by displaying your ignorance.

Spoiler

Yeah, it was kinda everywhere. Even the official channels. It's about time though. It sounds like they going with a different format with the next series so I guess they decided to give Ash a break?

This week's Dr. Stone chapter was really good.

Does anyone else use free Crunchyroll? I know i shouldn't complain, because, well, its free, but goodness me the ads are shite.

Most of the adverts they run for their own shows are terrible. Just several seconds of something really boring happening, together with music that really doesn't match the action. At least try and make the show look interesting!

Then there is the problem of repeated ads. Sometimes when they're really pushing something, they just dump the same advert multiple times. I watched the same advert for the film Black Christmas FIVE times in a row. What's the point?

Lastly, don't play adverts for a show, during the show itself! I've been watching Attack on Titan, and they keep showing adverts featuring footage from Season 3, which SPOILS SEASON 3! Why are you even running adverts for shows that you know I'm already watching?!

In other news, AoT S3 is pretty good; way better than S2 was.

• Like 1

New Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai series coming next year (and a game!). Hoping this leads to making official subtitles of this and the original.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

New Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai series coming next year (and a game!). Hoping this leads to making official subtitles of this and the original.

Liking the art style! This is the character included in Jump Force, right? Think I remember seeing a character trailer or something for him...

(and a game!)

Please don't be mobile and come to the West, please don't be mobile and come to the West...

5 minutes ago, Julius said:

Liking the art style! This is the character included in Jump Force, right? Think I remember seeing a character trailer or something for him...

Please don't be mobile and come to the West, please don't be mobile and come to the West...

Yeah, that's him. Pretty sure DQXI had a reference to him as well.