NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Boruto has been great.

Its just such a stupid name :laughing:

The Promised Neverland has been on top of the game for months now. 

One Piece is surprisingly good consistently these days.

My Hero Academia has left the boring stuff behind now, it seems.

Good times :D 

12 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Its just such a stupid name :laughing:

No doubt. It always reminds me of this.

YKvbzqt7Dv2Jrj9cyOKsqK4NdrI=.gif

Someone on YouTube has kindly uploaded a bunch of the episodes so I'm on catching using that. Dunno how far I'll get using this method though.

• Like 1

Yeah Crunchyroll's apps are all trash. I gave up on the PS4 app after it just buffers constantly (despite a 200MB+ connection). I've cancelled my subscription as a result.

Does Boruto get better? To me for 15-20 episodes it just felt like Naruto fillers. Then they started telling the in-between story from the Manga which was ok but since I'd already read it, I just stopped paying attention at that point.

@Hero-of-Time have you watched My Hero Academia?

6 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Does Boruto get better? To me for 15-20 episodes it just felt like Naruto fillers. Then they started telling the in-between story from the Manga which was ok but since I'd already read it, I just stopped paying attention at that point.

@Hero-of-Time have you watched My Hero Academia?

It's still a bit all over the place, with the good stuff being really good but the filler being pretty rough. I wanted to catch up because apparently episode 65 is supposed to be amazing but the CR app is hindering my progress.

Not yet. I know a lot of people rate it highly but I'm less inclined to start something new if it's an ongoing series. I only started Boruto because I was already invested in that world after watching Naruto.

It's ongoing but it has a little bit of self-respect so unlike Naruto etc, it takes breaks between seasons when there isn't any content instead of descending into filler hell :p So there's only 53 or so episodes at the moment and when it finishes the current run it will take another break. It's very good, I think you'll like it off the back of something like Naruto.

• Like 1

I second the My Hero Academia recommendation. It's a fantastic show, and if you prefer to binge in periodic amounts, MHA is divided by seasons (currently in the middle of Season 3, in fact)

Edited by Jonnas

I've just started season 2 of MHA. I enjoyed the first season although I could use less crying from Deku!

I might start watching that when I'm done with Luke Cage.

Just now, bob said:

I might start watching that when I'm done with Luke Cage.

I assume you never bothered to watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?

I assume you never bothered to watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?
Nope.
  • Sad 3
  • Weird 1
  • Angry 1

I managed to catch up with Boruto yesterday evening. I was telling a lad at work about how CR is garbage and he suggested using 9Anime. Sure enough it had all the episodes I needed and worked on the PS4 browser. Score.

Episodes 50-64 were outstanding. The relationship, or lack thereof, between Boruto and his father was explored further and pushed him down a pretty dark path. The Chunin exams were great. While not as good as the ones seen in Naruto they certain had some callbacks to those episodes, especially Gaara's son, who is tough SOB and a character I hope I get to see more of.

Episode 65...WOW! The people hyping this up weren't wrong. The animation was absolutely amazing and the fight, which was pretty much the whole episode...

8eb.gif

Everything was so fast and frantic and then Reverse Situation  kicked in and I honestly had tears in my eyes. The battle raged on after that and it ended in a fantastic way. I'm trying to explain it without spoiling stuff for people but I highly recommend checking it out if you just want to watch a cracking anime fight. I ended up watching the episode again straight after finishing it. So good.

Spoiler

You know, thanks to you guys talking about it around here, I ended up checking out the manga for The Promised Neverland. I've just finished the first "arc", and I'm very glad I did, this is fantastic stuff. Thank you very much for calling my attention to it :bowdown:

I'm actually glad to hear it's going to end when it needs to, anyway. Manga series that artificially prolong their length only end up hurting their own quality.

• Like 2

So I've just watched Goblin Slayer, the anime who's first episode has created a storm online and has some places calling it the darkest anime ever. Let's just say that isn't true, it's got dark themes sure, but let's just say I've seen worse.

Started reading two more mangas:

Prison Lab - the premise was interesting to me. In the so called "Captivity Game" you get to choose one victim and are allowed to do anything to that person unless he/she doesn't die. If the victim figures out the captor's identity he/she wins (money). The jailer wins if he/she remains unidentified. I figured that this would be a nice psychological thriller and it appears to be one. There also seems to be more to the game than it seems. 
Already caught up and am now waiting for the next chapter.

Tokyo Ghoul - I've always thought that this story of "ghouls" eating humans is just another zombie flick, but it looks like it's much more than that. Kinda like it so far. The manga is completed, so that's good. Hope I don't binge it over the weekend to have something to read in between waiting for other mangas' chapters to be released. :D 

The new season of Seven Deadly Sins is now on Netflix. Looking forward to seeing that at some point.