NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Attack on Titan chapter 102 is all kinds dis of awesome! It’s all going off now!!!

Next issue in April though... I hate to wait so long when it’s this damn good!

Does anyone have an opinion on that Kakegurui that's on Netflix? I've got the feeling it's popular, though it doesn't seem like something I'd like.

@drahkon you’ll lose you shit over the new One Piece chapter... but I reckon the chapters after will be worth it!

1 hour ago, Kav said:

@drahkon you’ll lose you shit over the new One Piece chapter... but I reckon the chapters after will be worth it!

Well, I've become kind of indifferent to One Piece ::shrug: It was an ok chapter, but I'm not excited at all for the next, which is kind of surprising given the cliffhanger.

Anyway...

Attack on Titan's new chapter is incredible. One Punch Man keeps getting better and better, as well. My Hero Academia is a little less intense right now, but it's actually a nice change of pace after everything that's happened. Looking forward to the next chapter that should be out tomorrow. And then there's The Promised Neverland...the masterpiece.

Still haven't caught up with World Trigger.

Everything I'm reading is better than One Piece right now.

I get what you mean with One Piece but funnily enough I’m still loving it, haha.

The new MHA chapter is ok.

Cant wait for World Trigger to start up again, it’s been on hiatus for a good while now.

I still recommend you read Kingdom @drahkon it’s superb!

Edited by Kav

4 hours ago, Kav said:

I still recommend you read Kingdom @drahkon it’s superb!

I might look into it in the near future. I've recently started Uzumaki. It's a mystery-horror manga. Quite good. There are 20 chapters and I'm halfway through.

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I might look into it in the near future. I've recently started Uzumaki. It's a mystery-horror manga. Quite good. There are 20 chapters and I'm halfway through.

I've seen that in a book store every Friday, was thinking about picking it up. Heard it was something to do with spirals or something. Let me know if it's any good.

Started working my way through 4 seasons of Dragon ball Z Kai. Never really watched it on Toonami, was more into Outlaw Star at the time.

1 hour ago, martinist said:

I've seen that in a book store every Friday, was thinking about picking it up. Heard it was something to do with spirals or something. Let me know if it's any good.

It's pretty good, but eventually it wasn't really my thing. I liked the art, I liked the atmosphere, but there's one thing I didn't like...telling you would probably be a little spoiler-y, though. Maybe not. If you want to know:

Spoiler

The manga has more of an episodic feel and should be read with that in mind.

While there is an overarching storyline it's not really conclusive. Usually I like open endings but with Uzumaki it doesn't feel like one...which is kind of weird to say and impossible for me to elaborate on.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kav said:

@drahkon The Promised Neverland... YES!!!!

So happy!

Spoiler

Looks like some people are annoyed that Norman is still alive. They are complaining about "plot armor" and how this is bad for the story. Idiots :D

Sooo...

• Norman is at Lambda 7214, which means Adam was there, too
  • what exactly is going on over there? The cloning theory seems more and more likely; however, there appear to be lots of failed attempts (as seen in the one double page panel; lots of muscular guys; lots of kids with huge heads/brains; apparently it's a research facility (duh) but what for? COME ON, I NEED MORE INFORMATION :laughing:
  • why exactly is Adam at Goldy Pond now? And why does he keep mumbling Norman's number?

Here's my theory: All the kids/people we see at Lambda 7214 are clones/relatives of the Ratri/Latley family and are tested in this facility. Maybe to find a new successor for Peter.

This manga is so good.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Finally a chapter that only deals with Katakuri vs Luffy. I wonder if we'll see another one like this.

Anyway, the fight was pretty cool, but again...I've become slightly indifferent to the manga so...meh.

Started reading Song of the Long March the other day and must say, it’s fantastic! Anyone reading it? I’ve just finished catching up to the latest chapter.

21 hours ago, Kav said:

Started reading Song of the Long March the other day and must say, it’s fantastic! Anyone reading it? I’ve just finished catching up to the latest chapter.

Gave it go, same with Kingdom but I didn't like 'em. I'm not into historical mangas, or whatever you call them. Both do look wonderful, though.

Also started reading Dr Stone but find it to be utterly boring. ::shrug:

Anyway, no One Piece chapter this week but a new The Promised Neverland chapter should be here soon :D

• Like 1

Phew.

Spoiler

So good.

Vegeta's speech, the build-up to Goku's transformation, Beerus saying "You lot, shut up and watch" and every God standing up in awe and full of respect for Goku...incredible.

Frieza is still there...some twist is going to happen. Either Frieza will win the tournament by being the last man standing (which would mean Jiren and Goku knock each other out (of bounds) at the same time) and wish for something like immense power. Or (which would be my favourite) The Great Priest is up to something (or maybe even Zeno).

Spoiler

Shit's going down :D

Gillian is such a bad-ass. "Eat lead!"

Can't wait to see how the fight will progress and end.

• Like 1

The Promised Neverland was great, so thankful for the recommendation @drahkon

I absolutely want Jiren to beat Goku.

• Like 1

Isn't there only a few episodes left? There can't be much of a twist going on if that is the case.

Vegeta's speech was spectacular. The guy has had some amazing moments in this arc.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Isn't there only a few episodes left? There can't be much of a twist going on if that is the case.

Yeah, at the end of March the Universe Survival Arc will come to an end.

Personally I think there's no way Dragon Ball won't continue after that. Maybe the arc will end with a cliffhanger?

Angels are stronger than Gods (of Destruction), maybe Goku isn't stronger than Angels which could provide the next stage in power for future battles? Who knows :D

I wanna know why some of the Kais and Gods of Destruction have stayed. In earlier Universe eliminations they've been erased.

On 13/03/2018 at 10:32 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

I wanna know why some of the Kais and Gods of Destruction have stayed. In earlier Universe eliminations they've been erased.

There are 4 universes who are just here to watch. Those are the surviving Kais and Gods that you saw.

15 hours ago, Jonnas said:

There are 4 universes who are just here to watch. Those are the surviving Kais and Gods that you saw.

I felt that. I just don't get why Zen-Oh seemed to "miss" them during their mass extinction. 

[Maybe they explained it, I watched it subbed at 1.5x speed]

8 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I felt that. I just don't get why Zen-Oh seemed to "miss" them during their mass extinction. 

[Maybe they explained it, I watched it subbed at 1.5x speed]

There are 12 universes. The Zen-oh aren't looking to erase 11 of them, only 7. The universes we're seeing at the tournament are just the bottom 8 in a specific rating ("the Universe Development Index", maybe?), which means the top 4 universes are off the hook, and survive no matter what.

On 16/03/2018 at 5:48 AM, Jonnas said:

There are 12 universes. The Zen-oh aren't looking to erase 11 of them, only 7. The universes we're seeing at the tournament are just the bottom 8 in a specific rating ("the Universe Development Index", maybe?), which means the top 4 universes are off the hook, and survive no matter what.

Having checked da Zen Oh on some Wiki it confirms your story as their "alternative/secret" motive. Which I don't think has been revealed in the anime at this time? Otherwise there isn't much point in battling at this moment.

Spoiler

Well 17 coming back was a semi surprise. Even if he had self destructed there was no reason why he wouldn't appear on the stands. 

Freiza we all knew wasn't out, despite all the rocks being blown up. It's a wonder so much stadium seems to remain. 

I'm not sure how I want this to end now. A Goku/Jiren joint knockout with KO Freiza seemed alright. But now... I feel it will be 17 and Freiza stalling before being knocked out so Goku gets his energy and either knocking Jiran out or time ending and Zen Oh calling it a draw - then the reveal Jonnas mentioned.

Although I do think Jiran should be DQ'd for trying to kill the Z Possè*. Even if Goku saved them. It wasn't an accident.

* which may have pissed Goku off even more if he had succeeded. But they would've come back and all would be well.