NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

After the amazing chapter 890, One Piece became boring again with chapter 891...and the manga is on another break next week. :blank:

Thank God I started with Attack on Titan again.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Finally got around to watching Your Name this evening and thought it was really good. Nice story and some great animation. It’s been a while since I’ve watched an anime movie so I think it stood out a bit more but you really can see the massive difference a good budget makes with this compared to tv anime’s.

Funny, I watched Garden of Words (from the same director) just today. Not only was it way shorter than I expected (~45 minutes), it looks absolutely gorgeous. Hopefully I'll get to watch Your Name soon.

Finally ordered Evangelion 3.33 today. It’s been so long since I watched the other 2 that I think I’ll just watch them all next week.

I just started My Hero Academia, and 4 episodes in, the show has officially won me over. After so many cynical takes on the superhero genre (from Marvel's Civil War events to One Punch Man's career supers), it's so good to see an optimistic reconstruction of the concept.

Got some catching up to do.

• Like 1

I just started My Hero Academia, and 4 episodes in, the show has officially won me over. After so many cynical takes on the superhero genre (from Marvel's Civil War events to One Punch Man's career supers), it's so good to see an optimistic reconstruction of the concept.
Got some catching up to do.
That sounds good. I might start that after I've finished Bojack Horseman.
  • Like 1

One Piece is getting stale.

I decided to give The Promised Neverland a go. It seems like Attack on Titan on a smaller scale and without the bloodshed. I love it.
Edit: Can't put it down. @Kav and everybody else...give it a try.

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

One Piece is getting stale.

I decided to give The Promised Neverland a go. It seems like Attack on Titan on a smaller scale and without the bloodshed. I love it.
Edit: Can't put it down. @Kav and everybody else...give it a try.

Just read the opening chapter... I’ll be reading this for sure! Cheers man!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kav said:

Just read the opening chapter... I’ll be reading this for sure! Cheers man!

You're in for a treat. :peace:

I've read 32 chapters today...39 still left until I've caught up. After that I'll get back to World Trigger, which I can recommend, as well.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, drahkon said:

You're in for a treat. :peace:

I've read 32 chapters today...39 still left until I've caught up. After that I'll get back to World Trigger, which I can recommend, as well.

Yeah I’ve read World Trigger, it’s on hiatus at the mo as the mangaka has issues with his health.

If you’re not already reading Kingdom I highly recommend that. Sousei No Onmyouji is good too... both still ongoing.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kav said:

Yeah I’ve read World Trigger, it’s on hiatus at the mo as the mangaka has issues with his health.

Oh, that sucks. Hope Ashihara will get better soon. And not because I want the manga to return. There are more important things than that.

33 minutes ago, Kav said:

If you’re not already reading Kingdom I highly recommend that. Sousei No Onmyouji is good too... both still ongoing.

Noted. Soooo much to read :D

Just finished The Promised Neverland's first arc. Holy fuck, that was awesome. Instantly one of my favourite mangas. I should go to sleep...but I want to keep reading :laughing:

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, drahkon said:

...Just finished The Promised Neverland's first arc. Holy fuck, that was awesome. Instantly one of my favourite mangas. I should go to sleep...but I want to keep reading :laughing:

I’ve just read the first 15 chapters and am fighting off tiredness... soooo good! I’ll go to bed though and carry on reading tomorrow.

Thanks for the shout out about it, great recommendation!

• Like 1

I’m fully caught up on The Promised Neverland now, thanks for the recommendation @drahkon

Anyone that hasn’t read it should do, I highly recommend it too!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kav said:

I’m fully caught up on The Promised Neverland now, thanks for the recommendation @drahkon

Same. Did you read the newest chapter (i.e. 72), as well? Looks like it got released today, well the translated version that is.

Spoiler

This one "phone call"...holy hell.

Pathways to the human world in each of the four elite plantations? Did not expect that. This could mean that the group will get back to the "orphanage" earlier than planned.

What do you think will Emma, Ray and the others do? Look for the Seven Walls or immediately go back to Grace Field? I guess this decision will depend on what Emma and Lucas find in Marvin's Nest.

No matter what they find, I think Emma and Lucas will try to free Goldy Pond Village from the Poachers, before doing anything else.

Spoiler
  • when Norman was taken to be shipped he saw something...what if he saw the path to the human world?
  • I guess Emma, Ray and the group will hold on to the plan of going back to Grace Field in two years; in the mean time they will try to find the Seven Walls
  • I could also see them splitting up; we have basically three "main characters" (Emma, Ray, and "Mister") and three possible destinations/actions (back to Grace Field, Goldy Pond Village, the Seven Walls); splitting up would be insanely risky, though
  • what will definitely happen, in my opinion: a rebellion against the current system; how this will be enforced...no idea

Edited by drahkon

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Same. Did you read the newest chapter (i.e. 72), as well? Looks like it got released today, well the translated version that is.

The Promised Neverland Chapter 72 (Reveal hidden contents)

This one "phone call"...holy hell.

Pathways to the human world in each of the four elite plantations? Did not expect that. This could mean that the group will get back to the "orphanage" earlier than planned.

What do you think will Emma, Ray and the others do? Look for the Seven Walls or immediately go back to Grace Field? I guess this decision will depend on what Emma and Lucas find in Marvin's Nest.

No matter what they find, I think Emma and Lucas will try to free Goldy Pond Village from the Poachers, before doing anything else.

The Promised Neverland, some theories I have (Reveal hidden contents)
  • when Norman was taken to be shipped he saw something...what if he saw the path to the human world?
  • I guess Emma, Ray and the group will hold on to the plan of going back to Grace Field in two years; in the mean time they will try to find the Seven Walls
  • I could also see them splitting up; we have basically three "main characters" (Emma, Ray, and "Mister") and three possible destinations/actions (back to Grace Field, Goldy Pond Village, the Seven Walls); splitting up would be insanely risky, though
  • what will definitely happen, in my opinion: a rebellion against the current system; how this will be enforced...no idea

Yeah I read it, I didn’t expect all that!

Spoiler

I agree, in that I think they’ll fight to liberate Goldy Pond Village.

After that I can see them heading back to B06-32 to get the others and bring them to Goldy Pond (with the Poachers out of the way, Goldy Pond will be a safe haven) as it’s in area A just like Grace Field.

From there I think they’ll set out to find the Seven Walls, find a way back to the Human world and then rescue the others at Grace Field.

I do wonder what’s in the drawer though!

Norman! I wondered the same too, his reaction was not what I’d be expecting of someone who was going to bite the bullet.

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kav said:

Thoughts (Hide contents)

I agree, in that I think they’ll fight to liberate Goldy Pond Village.

After that I can see them heading back to B06-32 to get the others and bring them to Goldy Pond (with the Poachers out of the way, Goldy Park will be a safe haven) as it’s in area A just like Grace Field.

From there I think they’ll set out to find the Seven Walls, find a way back to the Human world and then rescue the others at Grace Field.

I do wonder what’s in the drawer though!

Norman! I wondered the same too, his reaction was not what I’d be expecting of someone who was going to bite the bullet.

Spoiler

This is probably the most likely scenario, but with this manga you never know... :D

I really hope the drawer won't be empty :laughing:

I wonder what the other six promises Musica mentioned are about. Oh man, so many questions...

• Like 1

Since we're throwing out manga recommendations... I thought Dr. Stone was surprisingly good.

If the next One Piece chapters don't exclusively cover...

Spoiler

...Luffy fighting Katakuri until the fight is finished...

...I'll lose my shit.

Anyway...can't wait for The Promised Neverland chapter 73. Should arrive sometime this weekend.

If the next One Piece chapters don't exclusively cover...

spoiler for current arc/recent chapters (Hide contents)

...Luffy fighting Katakuri until the fight is finished...

...I'll lose my shit.

Anyway...can't wait for The Promised Neverland chapter 73. Should arrive sometime this weekend.

I’m feeling exactly the same with One Piece at the mo... although I just know they won’t as they’ll

Spoiler

Big Mom and the arrival and the cake. 

deal with...

7 minutes ago, Kav said:

I’m feeling exactly the same with One Piece at the mo... although I just know they won’t as they’ll

Next chapter (Reveal hidden contents)

Big Mom and the arrival and the cake. 

deal with...

Yup, and to be honest...

Spoiler

...I don't think the arc will end in a satisfying way. The Straw Hats will escape which will be the most boring conclusion to the arc, in my opinion. I'd like to see Big Mom die which would cause serious havoc around the world I think.

Happy to be proven wrong, though.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Tons of information again...

Minerva (or James Latley) betrayed by his brother Peter Latley, the current head of the family. Looks like James is still alive as his body apparently hasn't been found, yet. Oh boy...

The way Lucas is presented makes it seem like he's not to be trusted. "All of us trust Lucas.", yeah...might be a dead give away that he will do something fishy. However, conveying ambiguity is one of the artist's greatest strengths and with the author we can never be sure what exactly is going on in the characters' minds.

Speaking of the author: what a dick move to let Emma see what the deal is with the Seven Walls. I'd like to know, too, you bastard :D

Project Lamba 7214, a trial plantation...well, no idea what that's about. A new way for Demons to produce high quality meat?

And then Adam...he has that brand from a mass production farm and is repeating Norman's number. He also looks kinda like Norman (obviously bigger and more muscular). Two theories:

• he is Norman's (half-)brother but got fucked up in some sort of experiment (or has a defect from birth), so while Norman (the intelligent one) was raised in Grace Field, Adam was sent to a different farm
  • Norman and Adam are cloned products (at Lambda 7214? to create high quality products?) and as it is the norm with cloning things can go right (result: Norman) and wrong (result: Adam); but who's the template?

Anyways, there's something about Norman. I think his ancestry will play a huge role, if we ever get to find out about it (I'm guessing he's related to the Latley family).

Oh boy, @Kav

• Like 1

The Promised Neverland Chapter 73 (Hide contents)

Tons of information again...

Minerva (or James Latley) betrayed by his brother Peter Latley, the current head of the family. Looks like James is still alive as his body apparently hasn't been found, yet. Oh boy...

The way Lucas is presented makes it seem like he's not to be trusted. "All of us trust Lucas.", yeah...might be a dead give away that he will do something fishy. However, conveying ambiguity is one of the artist's greatest strengths and with the author we can never be sure what exactly is going on in the characters' minds.

Speaking of the author: what a dick move to let Emma see what the deal is with the Seven Walls. I'd like to know, too, you bastard :D

Project Lamba 7214, a trial plantation...well, no idea what that's about. A new way for Demons to produce high quality meat?

And then Adam...he has that brand from a mass production farm and is repeating Norman's number. He also looks kinda like Norman (obviously bigger and more muscular). Two theories:

• he is Norman's (half-)brother but got fucked up in some sort of experiment (or has a defect from birth), so while Norman (the intelligent one) was raised in Grace Field, Adam was sent to a different farm
  • Norman and Adam are cloned products (at Lambda 7214? to create high quality products?) and as it is the norm with cloning things can go right (result: Norman) and wrong (result: Adam); but who's the template?

Anyways, there's something about Norman. I think his ancestry will play a huge role, if we ever get to find out about it (I'm guessing he's related to the Latley family).

Oh boy, @Kav

It was a top-level dick move by the author, haha, I love it!

So many questions raised but for all the right reasons!

This manga is gold!!!

Spoiler

Toppo decided to wreck the shit out of Frieza :D That was awesome.

No 17 is about to be defeated, too, but I love how he's still calm and rational, trying to find a weakness.

I assume that he managed to secure the win for Universe 7. He prevented Frieza from falling out of the stage so my guess is that the fights between Goku and Jiren and eventually Vegeta and Toppo will last until time runs out. Which means: three survivors on Universe 7's side and two on Universe 11.

Dragon Ball has never been a series about huge plot twists, so I'm pretty sure that this is how the tournament will end (well, it's not difficult to figure out). Would like to be prove wrong, though :D

Edit: Didn't realize Episode 126 is already subbed, too...

Spoiler

Well, I was way off with my guess :laughing:

It's a lot better this way. Frieza was still able to interfere. That guy's incredible.

But my goodness, Vegeta. He finally got his moment and what a moment it was. He truly is a man of pride.

And now it's time for Jiren...can't wait to see how the tournament will end.

Edited by drahkon