NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I'm still slowly working my way through One Piece. I think I'm on episode 325 so still quite a way to go!

Same, I'm up to #367 and that's after taking a break of years as I used to watch it regularly, at one point I was just about up to date with the episodes as they were being translated, now I just tend to watch a few here and there, when I feel like it but there's just so much other stuff to watch at the moment; not even just anime, I tend to spend a lot of time watching videogame related content on YouTube... currently watching the latest three and a half hour Frame Trap from Easy Allies while sorting out game stuff. :)

When I feel like I have more time though, I may well return to One Piece... as I do miss it. :peace:

14 hours ago, Shorty said:

Yeah One Piece anime has always been slow but for me it's too much now. I actually gave up on it last time I decided to catch up, which I would never do before.Every episode you have to skip 10 minutes of recap and opening, then what you do get repeats itself, then drags, constantly switches between scenes, you only get about 30 seconds of progression on the main story.

If any series could do with some kind of supercut of each season, it's One Piece.

Yeah, I was hoping to pick up the manga from where the anime is currently at, but it's as far as the UK manga has gotten.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

On 11/28/2017 at 9:41 AM, Shorty said:

Yeah One Piece anime has always been slow but for me it's too much now. I actually gave up on it last time I decided to catch up, which I would never do before.Every episode you have to skip 10 minutes of recap and opening, then what you do get repeats itself, then drags, constantly switches between scenes, you only get about 30 seconds of progression on the main story.

If any series could do with some kind of supercut of each season, it's One Piece.

I used to just let them build up and then marathon them but the anime has been a bit unwatchable now and I can't be bothered anymore, will stick with the manga. Dragonball Super has started doing an episode preview right before it starts which seems completely pointless and I'm worried they're going to start heading down the same road.

The problem is Toei are really overstretched and it's impacting the quality of their shows. I guess it doesn't help they have to pump out a new episode every week either.

Yeah it’s a trend that has existed in these animes for years. It killed of Naruto in the West and killed off Bleach completely. They just can’t seem to see the bigger picture. Instead of pumping something out every week, whether it’s terrible filler, shockingly animated or padded out to ruin the pacing, they should just stop making it for months until they have enough quality content.

Hope there’s a “Naruto Kai” one day!

• Like 2

Good episode of Super again this week.

Spoiler

The interactions between 17, 18 and Goku were pretty funny. The Nail and Kami cameo was a nice touch. The Father x Son Kamehameha x Makankōsappō combo. I even shed a tear for Champa. His goodbye was perfect.

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Good episode of Super again this week.

Dragonball Super 117 (Hide contents)

The interactions between 17, 18 and Goku were pretty funny. The Nail and Kami cameo was a nice touch. The Father x Son Kamehameha x Makankōsappō combo. I even shed a tear for Champa. His goodbye was perfect.

Agreed. My favourite part was the

Spoiler

black hole

it was absolutely hilarious :laughing::laughing:

Spoiler

Android 17 is awesome. Calm and rational. However, I was quicker in figuring out that Damon is a very small being :D

Piccolo is now out...that's a shame.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:44 PM, Kav said:

Attack on Titan Chapter 100... oh damn yes!!!!!

Urgh, Attack on Titan...I keep forgetting about it because it takes so long for a chapter to be released. Now I want to get back to it, but I'd have to start at the beginning because I forgot most of the plot.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

Did anyone ever watch all of the Phoenix Wright anime? I watched the first episode or two but wasn't sure about it. Just wondering how it turned out overall.

EDIT: Oh apparently the dub is out in January.

Edited by Happenstance

23 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Did anyone ever watch all of the Phoenix Wright anime? I watched the first episode or two but wasn't sure about it. Just wondering how it turned out overall.

EDIT: Oh apparently the dub is out in January.

I liked it. It improves as it goes on. They don't go in the same depth of the games with some of the cases mind with being limited on episodes. It covers the first 3 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

@Kav I'm now done with 20 chapters of My Hero Academia.

HOLY SHIT. This is awesome.

Glad you’re enjoying it. It’s gets better too!

On 17.12.2017 at 5:45 PM, Kav said:

It’s gets better too!

Indeed :D

Already reached chapter 60. The pacing is pretty much perfect. *cough* looking at you One Piece *cough*

I think I'll also give the anime a go. Would love to see those fights animated.

• Like 1

The last One Piece chapter of 2017 was amazing... what a cliffhanger to end on!

On 23/12/2017 at 10:07 AM, Kav said:

The last One Piece chapter of 2017 was amazing... what a cliffhanger to end on!

The actual last OP chapter of 2017 was amazing! Hahaha

Oh my, is One Piece going to be good and interesting again?

The last few chapters were pretty boring in my opinion, but maybe I was just spoiled by My Hero Academia.

Anyway, One Piece Chapter 890 was awesome. I hope we'll see fights now until the arc's conclusion.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 5:57 PM, Kav said:

The actual last OP chapter of 2017 was amazing! Hahaha

Technically it's the first chapter of 2018. :p

• Like 1

Just caught up on My Hero Academia. It's my favourite manga now. Thanks again @Kav for the recommendation.

Needed a new manga to blast through so I started with One Punch Man. Already watched season one of the anime but I'll start from the beginning regardless.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Just caught up on My Hero Academia. It's my favourite manga now. Thanks again @Kav for the recommendation.

Needed a new manga to blast through so I started with One Punch Man. Already watched season one of the anime but I'll start from the beginning regardless.

Glad you’ve enjoyed it!

Spoiler

Mirio is absolutely my favourite character!

I hope we see more of him as the story goes on... so gutted he lost his quirk, his battle vs Chisaki was awesome, I so hope he gets his quirk back at some point!

1 hour ago, Kav said:

Mirio Togata - Lemillion (Reveal hidden contents)

Mirio is absolutely my favourite character!

I hope we see more of him as the story goes on... so gutted he lost his quirk, his battle vs Chisaki was awesome, I so hope he gets his quirk back at some point!

Spoiler

He may not be my favourite but he definitely is one of the best. I, too, want to see him get his quirk back. Maybe Eri will be able to help, as Mirio said her quirk might be able to revert him back to a state in which he has his quirk.

• Like 1

Haha, FUNImation brought back Brian Drummond (Vegeta's voice actor in the Ocean dub) for Dragonball Super.

Spoiler

• Like 1

Caught up with One Punch Man.

Sorry One Piece, but you're number 3 now.

Gonna start getting back into Attack on Titan. 100 chapters for me to digest. :peace: Already read the first 30-40 a year ago but forgot most of the plot.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

On Netflix:

This looks to be different than the other anime stuff they have, or at least on the Dutch Netflix (UK has a bigger selection I believe). Looks more interesting to me, because all the anime I've tried have disappointed me.

Finally got around to watching Your Name this evening and thought it was really good. Nice story and some great animation. It’s been a while since I’ve watched an anime movie so I think it stood out a bit more but you really can see the massive difference a good budget makes with this compared to tv anime’s.

• Like 1