NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Does anyone know where one can find dubbed episodes of Dragonball Super? I did have one place where I was able to cast it to my telly, but the website just doesn't seem to want to play anymore. I don't mind going onto subbed when forced to when I catch up, but for as long as possible I'd like to be able to understand what I'm hearing. And Gohan/Goku don't sound like whiny women.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Great episode of Super yesterday. 

Spoiler

I was soooo worried Vegeta was going to get throw out at this stage of the fight. There were rumours going around that Frost was going to get revenge on him and eliminate him from the tournament. I was happy to see this wasn't the case.

Next weeks episode looks interesting. Is Gohan taking on Frieza?

I was looking for something to watch over the weekend so I decided to have a look at Boruto. I've watched the first 7 episodes and i'm really liking what i've seen so far. It feels like a more kiddy version of the first series of Nartuo. It's kinda refreshing seeing this, especially after how convoluted the story became during the end of Shippuden. The way that ended up could have given Kingdom Hearts a run for its money. Hopefully this doesn't end up like that, where the power levels just got ridiculous, Sharingans everywhere, and everyone outside of Naurto or The Sauce were made useless. I'm looking forward to watching some more episodes and seeing where the series goes.

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Great episode of Super yesterday.

Gotta agree

Spoiler

I liked this better than the other Roshi-focused episode from a few weeks back. Everything clicked here much better, and there was great chemistry between him, Vegeta and his opponents.

Though I honestly would have loved to see Vegeta eliminated early as well. Mainly because I want to see an unexpected upset of sorts. If Gohan ends being the tournament's victor, that would work too.

• Like 1

Been working my way through Certain Scientific Railgun since the Magical Index stuff has been piling up on my shelf. Got the movie through my door a few days ago. Still got the last 7 episodes or so to go along with the second seasons of both shows. Been a while since I watched them though so it all seems kinda new to me.

Well I don't pop in here very often.

A few months ago, a YouTuber got me onto a show call Ancient Magus Bride, I really enjoyed the anime, but its only three bloody episodes long! Ended up grabbing the manga, which is not something I usually do.

Its bizarre and the story telling can be a bit all over the place. But the characters are lovely (?) and the art style is something I thoroughly enjoy. I've been looking to see if there's anything similar, but not come across anything yet. 

15 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Anyone got the Daisuki app?

Don't bother, they are shutting down end of the month.

1 hour ago, nightwolf said:

Well I don't pop in here very often.

A few months ago, a YouTuber got me onto a show call Ancient Magus Bride, I really enjoyed the anime, but its only three bloody episodes long! Ended up grabbing the manga, which is not something I usually do.

Its bizarre and the story telling can be a bit all over the place. But the characters are lovely (?) and the art style is something I thoroughly enjoy. I've been looking to see if there's anything similar, but not come across anything yet. 

Just watched the trailer for the anime, think I might give it a try.

• Like 1

I saw A silent voice last week at a festival.

About a guy who bullies a deaf girl but regrets it and tries to make up for it later.

I loved it. It's a bit melodramatic occasionally, but I don't mind. Also lots of humour, and I like the characters. Apparently, this was the biggest hit in Japan after Your name (which is getting a regular release here as well in November, so I can't wait to watch it 10 more times!).

Edited by Sméagol

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Just watched the trailer for the anime, think I might give it a try.

I'd just say it is short, so you get invested and it stops. I'm hoping its just that its going to take a while to make more, but I've not looked into it. 

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

I saw A silent voice last week at a festival.

bout a guy who bullies a deaf girl but regrets it and tries to make up for it later.

I loved it. It's a bit melodramatic occasionally, but I don't mind. Also lots of humour, and I like the characters. Apparently, this was the biggest hit in Japan after Your name (which is getting a regular release here as well in November, so I can't wait to watch it 10 more times!).

Yeah, it's really good. I thought it was interesting how they made the main character where your not supposed to feel sorry for him  Been meaning to check out the manga since it fleshed out the other characters. Got the Blu-ray pre-ordered but the digital version is available now.

I imported the Japanese release of Your Name as it's in 4k, looks really good.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Yeah, it's really good. I thought it was interesting how they made the main character where your not supposed to feel sorry for him  Been meaning to check out the manga since it fleshed out the other characters. Got the Blu-ray pre-ordered but the digital version is available now.

I imported the Japanese release of Your Name as it's in 4k, looks really good.

Perhaps I should check the mangas. The little boy sister is my favourite.

Yeah I want Your name as well, but Japanese blu-rays are expensive (plus I don't currently actually own anything to watch 4k content on). I'm also not kidding about watching it 10 times in the cinema. :p I 'm thinking of getting it at the end of the year together with some other Japanese blu-rays. I finally want to start my Ghibli collection, there's also The case of Hana & Alice which I absolutely loved, plus some films (and games).

Edited by Sméagol

23 hours ago, Ike said:

Don't bother, they are shutting down end of the month.

I discovered that last night. So blasting my way through Tales of Zestiria The X. Super I can find anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

New Fullmetal Alchemist live action trailer

That footage is a lot better than what has previously been shown. It's just a shame that Edward still looks like a cosplayer.

Wow! The latest double episode of DB Super was just amazing. Absolutely amazing. So hype! 10 out of 10. Would watch again. :bouncy::bowdown:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wow! The latest double episode of DB Super was just amazing. Absolutely amazing. So hype! 10 out of 10. Would watch again. :bouncy::bowdown:

Just seen your post on the right side of the main board which doesn't include smilies and I was like:

NOTSUREIF.jpg

Well, I'm off to watch it :D

Oh my God. That was INSANE.

Easily two of my favourite Dragon Ball Episodes from now on.

Spoiler

I kind of figured that Goku was going to "absorb" the Genki Dama. This is something I've always thought about after seeing the attack for the first time. Now he did it. So freaking cool :D

But that Jiren...what a monster. Really hope Goku and Jiren will have a final clash at the end of the tournament.

Freeza trying to take the advantage of the situation was quite obvious. Looking forward to seeing how it will play out. Maybe Zen-Oh/Future Zen-Oh or The Great Priest will interfere? I highly doubt that, though.
I guess a contestant will take on Freeza.

Edited by drahkon

Spoiler

That animation was really good, as was the music. I'm still kinda weirded by the logistics of that Spirit Bomb (are we supposed to believe that it's stronger than the one that killed Buu? If so, why?), but everything else about its execution was so good, I gleefully ignore it.

I'm thinking Goku will attempt to get the form back, and to do so, he'll need to almost die again...on purpose.

Also, dick move, Ribrianne. Goku and Toppo let you transform and do your dance every single time, and now you try to interrupt Goku's own move when Toppo's friend is asking to see it? Not cool.

Spoiler

There's no way the Genki Dama was strong enough, they're in the world of void, there's nothing to draw energy from expect the U7 fighters. I laughed how Frieza was willing to give energy but not Vegeta though. Interesting how they didn't explain why Goku couldn't create the Genki Dama as a Super Saiyan unitl now, it was an interesting detail in Hyper Dimension on the SNES where Goku drops from Super Saiyan to base to use it. 17 and 18 have infinite energy so that's a pretty good team combo to power the Genki Dama.

Frieza's going to repay Goku for giving him energy on Namek.

I love how Goku just walked away from Toppo's attack. Using Break x Survivor and the new song was on point.

I think they should have kept the new form hidden, kinda killed the tension and build up a bit.

The new ending kinda sucks.

Spoiler

I agree with @Ike that Frieza will give Goku energy, ala Namek. That was my thought after seeing it.

Jiren is badass, I hope Goku doesn’t power up enough to beat him.

A Gogeta vs Jiren fight might be a good watch but I’m a bit tired of Goku being the one to pull through... when’s Vegeta’s time to shine?!

I’ve generally thought DBS has been awful. Poor animation, very meh battles... but recently it ,and very much so that last episode, has been awesome!

Edited by Kav