NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Have you seen Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?

No, but I'll check it out!

No, but I'll check it out!

I definitely recommend it. One of my all time favourite shows.

Just finished Cowboy Bebop. Need something else to watch. Can anyone recommend something which isn't too long (no more than 3 or four seasons if possible)? I don't really want to commit to something that goes on for years.

Here's my recommendation and I'm sure nobody could've guessed what it is:

Steins;Gate

Haven't seen the anime but it's supposed to be very close to the visual novel. It's only one season (24 episodes).

@130131301364 I recommend Monster. It's a brilliant animé.

I always recommend Death Note too, probably my favourite, if you've not already seen it.

I always recommend Death Note too, probably my favourite, if you've not already seen it.

Both excellent recommendations.

Have you seen Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?

I looked this up and it seems to be the second season? Do I need to watch the first first?

I have actually heard of Death Note, and it sounds like an interesting premise. I might check it out.

Here's my recommendation and I'm sure nobody could've guessed what it is:

Steins;Gate

Haven't seen the anime but it's supposed to be very close to the visual novel. It's only one season (24 episodes).

This one. I'm going to start this one first. Time travel = cool.

I looked this up and it seems to be the second season? Do I need to watch the first first?

Its not the second season. There are two versions of FMA. The first one just called Fullmetal Alchemist which started with the manga but then overtook it so started telling its own story. Brotherhood came later and basically just follows the manga. Brotherhood speeds few a couple of things at the beginning, assuming that people saw the original but you would be just fine watching Brotherhood first. I recommended that one because I think its got the better overall story.

Just have to throw a recommendation this way. If you haven't watched My Hero Academia yet, I implore you to check it out. It's been a while since a Shounen anime has grabbed me like it has.

I was planning on picking it up on blu ray this summer but so far they're only releasing a collectors edition which is around £70 and theres no way I'm paying that.

I was planning on picking it up on blu ray this summer but so far they're only releasing a collectors edition which is around £70 and theres no way I'm paying that.

I'm on the fence, I could import it from the US for about £50 if I wanted.

The Attack on Titan manga is getting fucking mental. You could easily post anything from the last 3 chapters any where and nobody would ever imagine it's the same bloody series.

Just finished Cowboy Bebop. Need something else to watch. Can anyone recommend something which isn't too long (no more than 3 or four seasons if possible)? I don't really want to commit to something that goes on for years.

If you liked Cowboy Bebop (which I'm on ep 15 myself) you'd lile Outlaw Star, came before, much better I think.

Also started Code Geass. Rather enjoying it 5 episodes in.

Seven Deadly Sins "season" 2 was rather short. Only 4 episodes. No doubt some form of prelude to an actual full season, but not sure if I'll stick with it.

After that, probably Death Note.

If you liked Cowboy Bebop (which I'm on ep 15 myself) you'd lile Outlaw Star, came before, much better I think.

I actually didn't like Cowboy Bebop at all, but Steins;Gate is pretty good so far, so I'll stick with that.

Might look at Death Note after that though!

I actually didn't like Cowboy Bebop at all, but Steins;Gate is pretty good so far, so I'll stick with that.

Might look at Death Note after that though!

Definitely watch Death Note, it's a must!

To be honest Bebop isn't thrilling me much either. Probably why it's taking me so long to go through.

I still recommend you check out Outlaw Star though. There's far more action.

The tension in One Piece is off the charts man!!!

Really enjoying Steins;Gate cheers @drahkon! Love a bit of microwave based time travel.

Really enjoying Steins;Gate cheers @drahkon! Love a bit of microwave based time travel.

Great to hear : peace:

Would love to know how faithful the anime is to the visual novel, so give me a quick shout-out once you've finished it :) Gonna ask you something that I fear would be very spoilery right now.

The tension in One Piece is off the charts man!!!

Indeed. Wish it would just go on instead of what we're about to read in the next few chapters...