NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Finished watching Log Horizon last night. Overall I thought it was pretty good but for me it had some pacing issues, mainly the split between the action and other aspects of the show like normal life or political stuff. I always enjoy the premise of people being stuck inside an MMO (thats why I like SAO) but it was oddly secondary in this. There were still a lot of MMO tropes in it but I think it was the fact that everyone just seemed to accept their situation almost immediately that it took a lot of the impact away. Still though, it was an enjoyable show with some good characters and despite it leaning a bit too much on the political aspect for me, the situation they find themselves in the world was an interesting one. I'm looking forward to season 2.

Onto Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion next.

Watched the first 3 episodes of ERASED. It's a bit slow but the characters are incredible.

Shingeki No Kyojin...just read the latest chapters...HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Why do chapters come out every month and not every week :(:D

One Piece is still awesome. Sanji is my favourite so I love the current arc :)

Can't wait to see what's going on with Zoro's team.

@drahkon I feel your pain in the wait for Shingeki... it's a killer having to wait that long! Haha

One Piece is my favourite too I must say... and Oda has been on point for so long now! From the rear of Dressrosa to now it's been non-stop awesomeness!

@drahkon I feel your pain in the wait for Shingeki... it's a killer having to wait that long! Haha

Yeah.

I kind of want it to end, though. The latest chapter was supposed to be the final chapter (probably with a different ending) but the success Shingeki No Kyojin brought means it will run until at least 2018...

Watched 6 episodes of ERASED last night...only three more to go.

The characters have to be some of the greatest I've ever seen in an anime. I'd say the plot is secondary while the character development is the focus. And I love it.

Anyone know where i can watch / buy Initial D? all i can find on amazon is the region 1 release and Funimation only stream it in the US and Canada so I can't watch it through there even with the unblocker.

Anyone know where i can watch / buy Initial D? all i can find on amazon is the region 1 release and Funimation only stream it in the US and Canada so I can't watch it through there even with the unblocker.

Someone is out of the loop, Funi now stream in the UK and Ireland:

https://www.funimationnow.uk/shows/initial-d/

Today's Naruto anime episode is an adaptation of the Book of the Wind (an extra chapter) which I think some of you guys will love it.

Watching Your Lie in April at the moment. Good lord, it's a beautiful series with such a loveable cast.

I don't want any of my theories about what's going to happen to come true!

[edit]

And done. Holy shit, shot straight up there to one of my favourite anime series of all time. Masterpiece.

...I had known, I think. I might not have watched it. That ending was too sad too suddenly.

I made a mistake, I browsed through the episode list to see how many there were. Later, I mis-remembered and thought there was 24. So, on the finale (ep 20) I actually thought there were four more episodes to go. So, I didn't think the story was going to take the turn it did.

Funny how many animes follow this pattern, silly and funny and cute for so many episodes only to take such huge serious turns along the way and then end in such a sad way.

Probably a result of where I am in my head right now but I couldn't really stand it ending like that. The letter was almost unnecessary. The hardest part to believe was that Kousei could bare it like that.

Great series and a lovely story though, great characters, ace art, brilliant music etc etc. First full series of anime I've watched in years. But too sad.

...I had known, I think. I might not have watched it. That ending was too sad too suddenly.

I made a mistake, I browsed through the episode list to see how many there were. Later, I mis-remembered and thought there was 24. So, on the finale (ep 20) I actually thought there were four more episodes to go. So, I didn't think the story was going to take the turn it did.

Funny how many animes follow this pattern, silly and funny and cute for so many episodes only to take such huge serious turns along the way and then end in such a sad way.

Probably a result of where I am in my head right now but I couldn't really stand it ending like that. The letter was almost unnecessary. The hardest part to believe was that Kousei could bare it like that.

Great series and a lovely story though, great characters, ace art, brilliant music etc etc. First full series of anime I've watched in years. But too sad.

Aw man, I totally get how you feel.

Can 100% understand why you almost wish you'd skipped it too. I'm still often finding myself getting down over how things played out - it doesn't help that I keep listening to the soundtrack over and over... It's so damn good.

I love a good tragic ending for sure, but this one tugged at one too many heartstrings. I don't recall ever wanting an alternative ending for a show so much... or a scenario where the group had more time together.

---

If you're up for something with a similar premise but a more satisfying conclusion, I'd highly recommend Erased.

After Bleach has come to a close, my final thoughts on it as a whole are such:

It's turd.

Judging by next week's episode title, it looks like they are about to wrap up the Ace Attorney anime with this last case (2-4).

After Bleach has come to a close, my final thoughts on it as a whole are such:

It's turd.

It really was, wasn't it? Utterly dross from pretty much the moment they first rescued Rukia, or maybe after the Vaizard arc, when they went to Huerco Mundo. No idea what the writer was on for the last couple of arcs or why the fans gave it a pass for any reason. It was literally a case of:

• Introduce powerful enemy
  • Good guy levels up enough to beat them
  • They come back with some previously hidden ridiculous, world-breaking ability with no explanation for how they could have such power
  • Good guy beats them again anyway/possibly reveals yet another new ability
  • But wait! They're still not really dead and fight back one more time.

Repeat 2-3 more times then resolve fight.

Continue.

Tripe.

It's kind of a shame because if you go back to the beginning, it had lots of mystery, a little heart, nice ideas and a cool style. Then it became just a formulaic list of DBZ-like fights but with no substance. The anime was killed by filler arcs that made Naruto's look good.

Judging by next week's episode title, it looks like they are about to wrap up the Ace Attorney anime with this last case (2-4).

But at the same time, that's exactly the name that Turnabout had in the games, seems as good a place to end as any but it might not at the same time, we'll have to wait and see.

But at the same time, that's exactly the name that Turnabout had in the games, seems as good a place to end as any but it might not at the same time, we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, was it? I thought it was different. I thought it was going to end after they finished the first game to be honest, so who knows?

Has there been any word yet if its been picked up by anyone to get dubbed yet?

Don't think so.

Whats the opinion of the "Fate" shows on NE then? Looking around the net people seem to think that Fate/Zero is definitely worth watching but the original Fate Stay Night is crap. Some people claim Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks is worth watching instead but its mixed.

Whats the opinion of the "Fate" shows on NE then? Looking around the net people seem to think that Fate/Zero is definitely worth watching but the original Fate Stay Night is crap. Some people claim Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks is worth watching instead but its mixed.

I liked Unlimited Blade Works. It's nothing to write home about but it certainly is enjoyable and the animation is great!

I ended up giving One Piece another try last night and seemed to enjoy it more this time so I've ordered the first DVD set. Gonna see how that goes and then I might start getting more of them.

I ended up giving One Piece another try last night and seemed to enjoy it more this time so I've ordered the first DVD set. Gonna see how that goes and then I might start getting more of them.

How far did you get? I'd recommend watching at least until the end of Along Park, which unfortunately isn't on the first DVD set (it's on the second set, but the first set builds it up a bit), that's usually the point One Piece seems to click with people.

How far did you get? I'd recommend watching at least until the end of Along Park, which unfortunately isn't on the first DVD set (it's on the second set, but the first set builds it up a bit), that's usually the point One Piece seems to click with people.

I've only watched the first 3 episodes, that's when I decided to stop and order the first dvd.

You can buy One Piece on DVD? :blank:

That's over 750 episodes long now apparently... :o

I stopped watching at around episode 351 though I've always thought about going back to it one day. : peace: