NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

I'm a bit disappointed in their streaming quality options. I dont have a great internet connection so I can get 720p as long as absolutely nothing else is using it (and I like to browse the Internet while watching stuff so thats usually out) and their SD option seems to be 360p which starts to look a bit crappy on a big tv. I was hoping for a nice 480p but no luck :(

Their selection doesn't seem great so I'll doubt I'll be subscribing any time soon.

There are already a few series in their catalogue that I want to watch.

Episode 2 of Ace Attorney was much better than the first, which I wasn't overly impressed with. It's great to see the anime taking advantage of the platform to expand the story telling, the fact the first trial had no real build up may have attributed to it so hoping this trial will be better.

There are already a few series in their catalogue that I want to watch.

Episode 2 of Ace Attorney was much better than the first, which I wasn't overly impressed with. It's great to see the anime taking advantage of the platform to expand the story telling, the fact the first trial had no real build up may have attributed to it so hoping this trial will be better.

I just got done with the first episode of Ace Attorney. It never even occurred to me that all the characters had different names over there! I really hope we get an English version at some point so they can have their proper names :p

I just got done with the first episode of Ace Attorney. It never even occurred to me that all the characters had different names over there! I really hope we get an English version at some point so they can have their proper names :p

Haha, me too. Threw me off for a moment. Would have been nice if they used the localised names in the subtitles but not a big deal.

Haha, me too. Threw me off for a moment. Would have been nice if they used the localised names in the subtitles but not a big deal.

There are localised subs available if you right click the video, only on the Web version as of now.

Ok then anime opinions question time. Are K or Guilty Crown worth watching/buying?

Watching yes, buying...eh, that would depend on you.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Oda has been god-level for so long now, I can't even begin to describe just how good One Piece has been for the last God knows how long!

Oda has been god-level for so long now, I can't even begin to describe just how good One Piece has been for the last God knows how long!

Just reiterating the above. Another superb chapter from Oda.

This man can do no wrong right now!

Just reiterating the above. Another superb chapter from Oda.

This man can do no wrong right now!

Although we're probably still years away, it's starting to feel like we're getting close to the end now. Especially with the introduction of the

Road Poneglyths

Side Story of Boruto's teammate Mitsuki is out and official Boruto manga will be out next week. Exciting time!

Ok then, more recommendations needed. Are these worth buying on blu ray?

Durarara

Mirai Nikki: Future Diary

Full Metal Panic - Ultimate Edition (I only watched the first season years ago)

Tokyo Goul

Robotics Notes

Ok then, more recommendations needed. Are these worth buying on blu ray?

Mirai Nikki: Future Diary

Robotics Notes

These are at least in my opinion. Full Metal Panic depends what you thought of season 1, as far as I'm aware they go more comedy focused as you progress through the seasons.

Durarara is going to be you'll either like it or hate it. I've not watched Tokyo Ghoul so no comment.

I'm really unsure what to make of the Ace Attorney Anime, I mean it has it's moments, but you can't help but feel as though as a player of the games that the episodes are shedding too much off the cases in this adaption.

I have now caught up with the One Piece manga. Incredible stuff :)

Somebody recommended a "manga" quite some time ago. It wasn't really a manga because it's not from Japan. If I remember correctly it is about some dude who takes on Gods. That's probably not helping but maybe somebody here knows what I'm talking about :D Really want to read it again...have stopped halfway through.

Edit: Nevermind, found it: Feng Shen Ji.

I will start with Snigeki no Kyojin again soon. Have only seen a couple of episodes but their pacing is horrible...think I'll give the manga a go :)

Edited by drahkon

I'm really unsure what to make of the Ace Attorney Anime, I mean it has it's moments, but you can't help but feel as though as a player of the games that the episodes are shedding too much off the cases in this adaption.

The story arcs would go on forever if they included everything, and I think this season is around 13 episodes long. But yeah sections feel too short, I would like the courtroom sections to be longer (although probably because those are my favourite parts of the game).

Oldbag was great in this episode.

@drahkon, I've read Feng Shen Ji, it's mediocre at best really. It's not something I'd give as a recommendation to someone I think.

@drahkon, I've read Feng Shen Ji, it's mediocre at best really. It's not something I'd give as a recommendation to someone I think.

I remember reading about 40 chapters and thinking it's incredible :D

My main focus will be Shingeki No Kyojin, anyway.

I remember reading about 40 chapters and thinking it's incredible :D

My main focus will be Shingeki No Kyojin, anyway.

It does start much better than it ends.

Boruto chapter 1 is 65 pages long version manga of the Boruto film's first half.

This month's Shingeki no Kyojin chapter... :bowdown:

This month's Shingeki no Kyojin chapter... :bowdown:

Just started reading the manga so I can't comment on the most recent chapter but good God, that first few chapters...fucking intense.

Hope the pacing won't be like in the anime, i.e. shit. I think I'm already past the point that I've watched in the series, so everything I'll read will be new to me. : peace:

Just started reading the manga so I can't comment on the most recent chapter but good God, that first few chapters...fucking intense.

Hope the pacing won't be like in the anime, i.e. shit. I think I'm already past the point that I've watched in the series, so everything I'll read will be new to me. : peace:

Holy shit man, you've got so much fucking awesomeness to read! :D

Holy shit man, you've got so much fucking awesomeness to read! :D

Just read the latest chapter. Jesus fucking christ...the manga is amazing :D

Just read the latest chapter. Jesus fucking christ...the manga is amazing :D

Absolutely! If the anime sticks to the manga then next season will be full throttle badassness! Haha

I reckon we'll get the second season running up to

Eren's use of the co-ordinate and the escape from Reiner

... it seems a relatively decent place to end that season I think.