NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

I finally made it past the first 11 episodes of FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood and thus gotten past the direction diverge the original took, how does it compare? No doubt in my mind the Brotherhood blows the original anime out of the water! Thank goodness for Netflix getting this anime up. The lack of sleep for 6am starts has been totally worth it.

FMA:Brotherhood is so much better than the original, I tried to give it a re-watch but for some reason US Netflix is missing the last 12 or 13 episodes.... As such I tried re-watching FMA and I couldn't do it. It's just plain bad.

I'm late to do so, but echoing the sentiments about One Punch Man and being absolutely fantastic.

One Punch Man was pretty great, but short lived. Nothing else new has grabbed my interest for a long time :( I don't think it's just me growing up, either.

One Piece latest episode, omg!

GEAR 4 IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!

I kinda want to read the manga now just to see what happens in the next few episodes. Argh the excitement!! :bouncy:

Well, all finished with FMA: Brotherhood. What a massive improvement that was over the original anime, with a great ending that tied up all the loose ends, I rank it highly among the anime I've seen and so glad I toughed the beginning out to witness it in all it's eventual glory.

Now to decide between Rorouni Kenshin or FSN: Unlimited Blade Works to watch next. Netflix Anime wise has gotten so much better.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I watched The Last: Naruto the Movie last night. I had completely forgotten that I had the thing preordered. :D

I wasn't that impressed. I was expecting some good fights and an interesting story, what I got was a teenage love story set on the moon.

I suppose it was nice to see Naruto and Hinata finally hook up, it's just a shame there wasn't enough action in between the lovey dovey stuff.

I was disappointed with the lack of The Sauce as well. Dude showed up once, pulled off a move and then disappeared again. :(

So I was in a chinese restaurant today and they were pumping out Studio Ghubli on a chinese violin. I swear to god I heard the ending to Spirited Away and some stuff from Princess Mononoke. o_0

On the anime side of things I dropped FMA:B a while ago, started watching it on Netflix, got to the snow fortress and just stopped. Finished watching Charlotte, that was better than I was expecting it to be really. Watching Erased atm, great show so far. along with Hykyu!, liked Koroko's basketball so I thought I'd give it a watch.

EDIT: The english dub of Ghost Stories is on Crunchyroll?! I know what i'm doing for the rest of the night...

Edited by martinist

I must say, One Piece (manga) has been on point for so long now!

Did any of you watch Black Bullet? I was just looking at buying some new anime blu rays and I think I remember watching the first episode so was just wondering how the full show was before I actually buy it.

Anyone reading My Hero Academia?

I started yesterday and I'm caught up already, just couldn't stop reading. It's nothing amazing but it is a fun read, typical shounen/shōnen... can't think how it's spelt.

Anyone reading My Hero Academia?

I started yesterday and I'm caught up already, just couldn't stop reading. It's nothing amazing but it is a fun read, typical shounen/shōnen... can't think how it's spelt.

Been reading it for a few months. I'm not totally caught up but there have been enough great moments so far that I think it could eventually rise up alongside the big boys.

Looking forward to the anime in April. It really feels like the sort of thing that'll thrive in animation and above all else, I need animated All-Might in my life.

Been reading it for a few months. I'm not totally caught up but there have been enough great moments so far that I think it could eventually rise up alongside the big boys.

Looking forward to the anime in April. It really feels like the sort of thing that'll thrive in animation and above all else, I need animated All-Might in my life.

I couldn't agree more with this! I'm really looking forward to seeing it, I'm sure Bones will do it justice too.

Didn't know they were doing this. Will give it a go, if they have One Piece then insta sub, but they didn't show it in the highlight reel.

Another great chapter of One Piece! Things are going to get mental!

Would you Adam and Eve it, Hunter x Hunter serialisation is resuming.

Well my Fullmetal Alchemist complete manga collection arrived today. Gonna try to read all these before the original FMA complete series blu ray comes out over here so I can remember the differences. Also going to have to try and find somewhere to store the box, its massive!

20160315_182201.jpg

I really wish we would hurry up and get a release date for the original Fullmetal Alchemist series blu Ray to get released over here. I know it's already out in the US but it was announced for UK release last year and then nothing since.

We're back with another very exciting announcement! Ace Attorney will be premiering Saturdays starting April 2nd @ 4AM PST and will be available to Crunchyroll Members worldwide excluding Asia.

Adapted from the popular video game franchise, Ace Attorney follows rookie lawyer Naruhodo Ryuuichi (Phoenix Wright) and his assistant Mayoi (Maya) as he defends his clients in a court of law. With limited evidence and logic as his only weapon, can Naruhodo turn the case around when all the odds are stacked against him?

We'll be back later with more announcements!

Nice! Didn't know this was a thing. Excitement!

Also FUNImation Now UK starts on the 7th of April.

Anyone watching Ajin? I'm really enjoying it and looking forward to seeing how it all goes. It's animation style is similar to Knights of Sidonia, although I much prefer it in this.

Funimation Now launched today and when you sign up you get a 30 day free trial. Just started mine now. Seems pretty good so far.