NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Dose anyone want a Crunchyroll guest pass? these guys won't stop e-mailing me about it!!

I'll take one if you still have it, been wanting to try them out to to see if it's worth subscribing.

I didn't think much of Naruto Gaiden at all, thought it was a bit pants really.

One Piece however...

This arc has been fantastic! I can't wait to see what occurs after those broadcasts to the nearest 3 islands. Also, I'm still dying to know what's happening with Sanji, Chopper, Nami, Brook & the Sunny and Big Mom's ship!

This whole arc has been all kinds of awesomeness!!!

I keep think the arc is over when it isn't as we haven't seen anything from Sanji and Co. for a long time, unless their stuff leads into the next arc?

Just finished watching the first episode of Dragonball Super (in Japanese) and I gotta say, my fears were all put to rest (for now anyway). Really enjoyed the episode, nice and laid back and focusing on the characters and it made me laugh a couple of times.

Opening:

Ending:

Not a huge fan of the songs, but I don't hate them.

I got a good impression of that first episode. Still hoping the majority of the episodes will be like this, with the characters just trying to lead normal lives, and being silly at it. The preview of the next episode looks even better in that regard.

Super episode 1 was cool, despite some of the animation being ultra conservative and seemingly running at 5fps. Like the music, especially the recap theme they chose for the Buu battle and loved the slice of life reintroduction. Goku actually seemed to be doing well as a father/provider, and of course then he just kind of... does a Goku again.

Colours are nice without being too shiny and the backgrounds are great too.

Who knew Mr. Satan was so goddamn tall?

Next week is a potential GOAT episode. Might be better than the driving one.

I've been thinking of signing up to Crunchyroll myself. Is the service worth it? Wondering how well it varies stream quality as I don't want to be stuck with another service that doesn't drop below 720p so my poor connection can't keep up.

I keep think the arc is over when it isn't as we haven't seen anything from Sanji and Co. for a long time, unless their stuff leads into the next arc?

Bloody hell! Never mind Sanji and the others, now Admiral Fujitora is focusing on Luffy & Law... it has the feelings of Kuma appearing at Thriller Bark immediately after the Moria fight!

This Arc may well be the best yet, bettering even Enies Lobby!!!

I've been using the free account for Crunchyroll since I last posted and I like it. I think I'll upgrade to premium. Downloaded the PS4 app using my US account as well so I can watch it on TV.

Started off with Kuroko's Basketball which I like so far.

Resurrection of F is getting a theatrical release in September.

Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F, the latest film in the Dragon Ball Z series, and follow-up to the Battle of Gods film previously released by Manga, will be receiving a theatrical release across a substantial number of screens throughout the UK, in September, a mere 4 week safter the US release. Listings of screenings will be available soon. Pre-ordering a cinema ticket will allow you to get ahold of one of two Limited Edition Figures not available elsewhere. The home media release is planned for later this year.

Hope somewhere near me shows it.

Oh my word, the final few pages of this week's One Piece chapter!

Kaido... how the hell are the Strawhat-Heart Alliance going to take down him?!

Cannot wait for things to come!

Also, what's going on with Sanji & co..?! How'd that come about?!

Oh my word, the final few pages of this week's One Piece chapter!

Kaido... how the hell are the Strawhat-Heart Alliance going to take down him?!

Cannot wait for things to come!

Also, what's going on with Sanji & co..?! How'd that come about?!

I had no idea what was going on in that chapter, but I loved it.

Lets hope Blackbeard never runs into Kaido, I'm assuming his inability to die is due to Devil Fruit powers, but since Blackbeard can nullify and absorb other fruits powers... we'll be'll be more unstoppable than Kaido.

DBZ: Resurrection of F bluray is up for preorder at Amazon, they have a release date of 26th October.

Apparently Manga are also doing a double pack including Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F. And it's works out cheaper somehow.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01302GZZ8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Edited by Ike

So I finished Attack on Titan.

Bah humbug.

I didn't see it being Annie, so that was a surprise. But I wish it hadn't ended so abruptly.

I started Blue Exorcist a couple of days ago and that seems kind of fun! I'm mostly trying to see what decent Anime I can find on Netflix at the moment, then I'll branch out. I've heard Crunchyroll is a good idea?

So I finished Attack on Titan.

Bah humbug.

I didn't see it being Annie, so that was a surprise. But I wish it hadn't ended so abruptly.

I started Blue Exorcist a couple of days ago and that seems kind of fun! I'm mostly trying to see what decent Anime I can find on Netflix at the moment, then I'll branch out. I've heard Crunchyroll is a good idea?

Watch Psycho Pass, its on Netflix and it's fantastic! There's a second season too that's good.

Also, I advise to read the Attack on Titan manga from, I think, chapter 30 onwards as it is slightly different to how it ends in the anime, but SO much better... and of course it carries on and just gets out of this world good!

Oh man, I've just read this week's One Piece chapter... this arc! :bowdown:

Edited by Kav
Automerged Doublepost

Manga UK announced which cinemas are showing Revival of F!

http://www.dragonballzuk.com/tickets.php

My mate text me about this the other day. I'm chuffed to bits. A few of us are up for it and we are gonna try and get tickets to the Newcastle showing. Seeing DBZ on the big screen is gonna be amazing. :yay:

Watch Psycho Pass, its on Netflix and it's fantastic! There's a second season too that's good.

Also, I advise to read the Attack on Titan manga from, I think, chapter 30 onwards as it is slightly different to how it ends in the anime, but SO much better... and of course it carries on and just gets out of this world good!

You picking up Pirate Warriors 3 tomorrow?

You picking up Pirate Warriors 3 tomorrow?

Pirate Warriors 3?

Pirate Warriors 3?

One Piece musou style game (like Hyrule Warrior). Out on PS3/PS4/Vita.

One Piece musou style game (like Hyrule Warrior). Out on PS3/PS4/Vita.

Ah, no then. I hate musou style games.

So our version of Dragon Ball Kai season one on Blu-ray/DVD has the Yamamoto plagiarised soundtrack on it, not the Kikuchi replacement score. That means the second will probably have it too and the series will switch to the Kikuchi soundtrack for the third and fourth sets. We're never going to get a decent release of this show in the UK.

Thank you for the suggestion! Consider it next then :yay:

Anyone watching GATE? It's a scenario like what would happen if modern day military traveled back to medieval times with Dynasty Warrior level generals (In this case, a medieval fantasy world whose gate spawned in Tokyo). It's pretty awesome so far how all these advanced military strategies of that time being decimated by modern day weapons and firepower. Of course it's not all skirmishes, there is a large amount of cultural and political themes too.

I think it could well be up some of you guys' alleys so to speak.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Do you guys know much about the Sword Art Online games? I was thinking about getting one but didn't know if I need to start with Hollow Fragment or wait until Lost Song later this year.

EDIT: Doesnt matter, I ended up buying Hollow Fragment on PS4 anyway.

Edited by Happenstance

Finished terror on resonance. Which happens to be on Netflix. Its such a shame its only 11 episodes as its got such a beautiful story and art style.

Would very much recommend it to anyone who is looking for something quite serious but short.

Anybody read the latest One Piece chapter?!

Luffy vs Fujitora was great, I loved how Luffy couldn't fight him without saying what he was going to do, that's so Luffy! Haha

I'm gutted the fight was broken up but I love Fujitora wanting to know what Luffy looked like. He knows there's something about him!

Those last few pages too! A Strawhat Fleet..?! That'd be awesome but I can absolutely see Luffy declining and saying he's not looking for anything like that.

Although back-up is always handy. I think he'll need it if he faces the wrath of Kaido!

I simply can't wait to see where Oda takes us with this story, it's been so good as of late!

I'd say One Piece has to be my favourite manga/anime. I'd not say it's "the best", per se, but it's got to be my favourite!

I've been watching One Piece again lately, saved up 60 episodes and now I'm plowing through the Dress Rosa arc. One Piece has some amazing storytelling, so many characters interweaving, appearing for a moment at one point only for the significance of their appearance to be explained 20 episodes later. It's a shame the anime's pacing still absolutely sucks, but I can't give in and read the manga. It's always been about the voice actors for me :)

I've been watching One Piece again lately, saved up 60 episodes and now I'm plowing through the Dress Rosa arc. One Piece has some amazing storytelling, so many characters interweaving, appearing for a moment at one point only for the significance of their appearance to be explained 20 episodes later. It's a shame the anime's pacing still absolutely sucks, but I can't give in and read the manga. It's always been about the voice actors for me :)

Same with me, I always seem to not watch for a while then have lots to watch. On the Dressrosa arc now too, at episode 683 or so.

Love the voice acting and music even though pacing of the anime can be slow. Really makes it for me.