NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Are they ignoring the form which surpassed Frieza's original "true form" which Cooler was able to transform into?!

Which looked much more menacing. This God Mode looks like a shiny Pokémon palette swap.

Oh I hope everyone isn't getting a God mode now...

Why was Jack there? Is he in the movie or his he getting an anime adaptation?

Are they ignoring the form which surpassed Frieza's original "true form" which Cooler was able to transform into?!

Which looked much more menacing. This God Mode looks like a shiny Pokémon palette swap.

Cooler was in a "non canon" movie, so yes.

Cooler was in a "non canon" movie, so yes.

Rearry?! That's bullshit. :(

Even so, they could've made Freiza change into a similar form.

About Freiza in the new movie.

I love the idea that Freiza is a lazy fuck and was born with such great power that only a Super Saiyan could defeat and all he has to do to surpass everything the Saiyans have done since killing him is to train for four months.

Was going to try Black Butler but was 2 seasons long, going to try and bust out the single season things on Netflix before that potentially. Blue Exorcist is a go. After first episode - intriguing.

About Freiza in the new movie.

I love the idea that Freiza is a lazy fuck and was born with such great power that only a Super Saiyan could defeat and all he has to do to surpass everything the Saiyans have done since killing him is to train for four months.

Have they explained how he got resurrected again?

Was going to try Black Butler but was 2 seasons long, going to try and bust out the single season things on Netflix before that potentially. Blue Exorcist is a go. After first episode - intriguing.

Have they explained how he got resurrected again?

Yeah

Some of his men go to Earth and use the Dragonballs.

Holy crap man, the One Piece manga is giving me goosebumps... so good!!!

Is Blue Exorcist any good?

EDIT: Also, any opinions on The Devil Is A Part-Timer? Im basically just going through Zavvi's animation sale and seeing what might be worth buying :P

Edited by Happenstance

Is shippuden still on those absolutely shit chuunin exam fillers?

They killed all the momentum they had in the main story with that crap.

Yep, no end in sight :blank: I've not even bothered with it since they started. Can't believe they're still doing fillers even after the manga has ended. They have literally no integrity whatsoever.

I watched two and haven't bothered since. It's just awful, doesn't even fit with the main story. How do you go from only Shikamaru passing in one set of exams to what I'm presuming will be the rest of the Konoha 9 passing altogether...

At least the Kakashi filler was interesting.

The Genesect Pokemon Movie and High School of the Dead added to Netflix

Just watched the Genesect movie last night... Fucking shit. Bugger all actually happens.

The female Mewtwo was such a pussy. A random Feraligatr was giving more action.

Is Blue Exorcist any good?

It's not bad. I think the first couple of episodes give it the impression it's going to be something like Reaper, but then you get to the school phase and it slows right down.

But at that point you also get a woman with massive jugs, so it balances out.

Working my way through Sword Art Online now. Third anime in a row which has Bryce Papenbrook as the main character.

One Piece is awesome again!

I'm reading World Trigger too and am enjoying that.

First episode aired today.

So they made an Anime adaptation already? Does that mean that the story in the manga is close to ending, or will they do seasons, like Attack on Titan?

So they made an Anime adaptation already? Does that mean that the story in the manga is close to ending, or will they do seasons, like Attack on Titan?

I'm not entirely sure but given that it's not an original story the two could go hand in hand, there's no reason for the anime to wait for the manga to finish.

I'm not entirely sure but given that it's not an original story the two could go hand in hand, there's no reason for the anime to wait for the manga to finish.

Oh yeah, and there's a precedent with Fullmetal Alchemist, so I could see Hiromu Arakawa allowing them to overtake the manga, with the actual story this time.

Could be interesting. Let's see what they'll do.

Another fantastic One Piece chapter. Next chapter though... oh my! Those last few panels, those two words!!!

Edited by Kav

Another fantastic One Piece chapter. Next chapter though... oh my! Those last few panels, those two words!!!

They just had to take a break next week as well...:shakehead

Just watched the first episode of the new season of Knights of Sidonia. Looking forward to the rest!