NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Big Anime Update on Netflix!

Death Note, Psycho Pass, Vampire Knight, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Black Butler and Ghost in the Shell.

Nice update.

Just finished Hajime no Ippo which is amazing. Great characters, fantastic fights etc

Watched the first few episodes of Pyscho Pass, looks to be a good'n!

I'm now 11 episodes into Pyscho Pass and I'm finding it fooking awesome! The ending of that 11th episode... absolutely great!

EDIT: Ok, so I should be asleep but I've not been able to stop watching this. Just finished it and loved it, I can't wait to make a start on the second season! It's definitely one I'd recommend to those that haven't seen it!

Edited by Kav

Crunchyroll have finally given us a console to watch it on, Download it on the Wii U.

The screenshots on the Nintendo UK include shows that aren't available in the UK. :|

Don't suppose you can create a UK account and use a VPN to get US content like with Netflix?

Aaaaaand that's season 2 of Psycho-Pass done. I enjoyed it but not quite as much as the first season. It's still good though.

@kav82 Apparently there are a reason why S2 is less enjoyable than S1 cause the first season was done by Production I.G Studio and it was Tatsunoko Production studio did the second season.

Also Psycho Pass Movie will be on the interweb soon or later. :D

The screenshots on the Nintendo UK include shows that aren't available in the UK. :|

Don't suppose you can create a UK account and use a VPN to get US content like with Netflix?

Afraid I couldn't tell you, don't do it personally.

Just watched the movie Sword of the Stranger, thought it was great. The animation is superb and the final sword-fight is incredible!

I've just watched Tokyo Godfathers too, it's a good little film, well worth a watch.

Edited by Kav

I seem to be on an anime blitz as of late. Just started watching Noragami, 5 episodes in and I know I'll keep watching, it's got me very intrigued.

EDIT: Well I've done it again, I should be asleep but couldn't stop watching. That's Noragami finished now, I really enjoyed it, even if it is short, and the fight in the final episode is pretty good.

Edited by Kav

If there's a manga I'd like to see an anime of, it's Gamaran. If they got the animation down it'd be a treat.

I'm pleased Crunchyroll is now on the WiiU. I think it's really good value for money considering manga volumes cost about £7 and anime volumes can cost anything between £5-£20.

I'm pleased Crunchyroll is now on the WiiU. I think it's really good value for money considering manga volumes cost about £7 and anime volumes can cost anything between £5-£20.

Also the sales and premium discounts on their store.

I'm liking the new Naruto filler. It probably wont be as good as the original chunin exams but I think its going to be fun.

I've started watching Another, just finished episode 3... man, that ending!!!

I've started watching Another, just finished episode 3... man, that ending!!!

Another gets ridiculous near the end. Tell me if you laugh out loud at anything near the end.

Decided to get a Crunchyroll subscription since the site I used to use hasn't really updated with the new season, and seems to be posting episodes from the ongoing last season shows instead.

Got two weeks free so I'll see how it goes for now.

Decided to get a Crunchyroll subscription since the site I used to use hasn't really updated with the new season, and seems to be posting episodes from the ongoing last season shows instead.

Got two weeks free so I'll see how it goes for now.

In the UK we probably get slightly less than 2/3 of the simulcasts on Crunchyroll, it's decreased somewhat now that sites like Animax have sprung up here.

I've been watching Space Dandy on and off for a bit. Finished the first season a while ago and the first episode of the second season featured a Michael Jackson/Goku hybrid which was pretty entertaining. The High School Musical parody during one episode wasn't really my thing though.

Went on a Kuroko's Basketball marathon a few days ago thanks to the crunchyroll trial. I'm not really into sports anime but this one was really good. I caught up to the broadcasting season in about three days. Great soundtrack especially the OP's I got caught up in it due to all the tension and close games and all the weird special moves and stuff. Looks like I'll be following this show for the rest of the season :D

I've started watching Cute High Earth Defence Club LOVE and it's amazing so far. Super camp and over the top but doesn't take itself seriously at all and pokes fun at the usual anime tropes. It has the main guys regularly hanging out in public baths and transforming into super heroes dressed in JPOP idol clothes. They also have this space animal that speaks through using their dead teacher. The episode where they try and clean up the slowly rotting teacher was surprisingly funny. If there was ever an anime specifically made for me, this has to be it.

I'll catch up with the rest tomorrow, the only annoyance so far are the awful crunchyroll adverts. I had the same SKY BET advert literally 5 times. Might have to pay the subscription but I'm not sure I like enough anime to warrant it.

I've started watching Cute High Earth Defence Club LOVE and it's amazing so far. Super camp and over the top but doesn't take itself seriously at all and pokes fun at the usual anime tropes. It has the main guys regularly hanging out in public baths and transforming into super heroes dressed in JPOP idol clothes. They also have this space animal that speaks through using their dead teacher. The episode where they try and clean up the slowly rotting teacher was surprisingly funny. If there was ever an anime specifically made for me, this has to be it.

I'll catch up with the rest tomorrow, the only annoyance so far are the awful crunchyroll adverts. I had the same SKY BET advert literally 5 times. Might have to pay the subscription but I'm not sure I like enough anime to warrant it.

Well you also get access to Crunchyroll Manga as well now, dunno if that might help sway you. Heck I have a guest pass if you want it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem