NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

I'm glad Naruto is finally ending, I really haven't enjoyed it lately and it's felt like an utter cop out.

Watch the movie come out with some new fucking plot point and the manga gets a sequel next year or some shit.

Naruto is blatantly ending so they can start a new series titled Sasuke.

So Log Horizon came back and... Studio DEEN have overtaken it and everything looks weird and even lower budget than the first season. WHY?

Tenchi also came back... as five minute shorts in an undisclosed continuity funded by the tourism board of the region the show was based in. WHY?

Edited by Guy

So, is anyone still reading Shingeki No Kyojin?

...because OH MY FUCKING GOD?!

I love it man!

Decided to start watching Naruto again since I heard it was ending soon. I droped the series in the middle of the Sakura vs Sasori fight. I think it was episode 24 of Shippuden. It looks like I've got quite a long way to go untill I'm all caught up.

Well the series will be well over before I'm even a few episodes in.

Look up the filler arcs and skip them, they're way too dull in Shippuuden, with the possible exception of the latest one which was passable.

Edit: But I shouldn't be so negative. There's actually a point coming up at which Shippuuden picks up, and then never really falters, IMO. Around the second half of

Hidan/Kakuzu

arc, the series gets back to being amazing.

I have no idea where it's going but I'm really enjoying it right now.

Please though, no spoilers from the manga readers. You might think you're not spoiling it, but you could be.

It's like... if you talk about character x, even just a passing comment - and I'm being completely hypothetical here - and then in a few months there's a bit where you're meant to think that character is dead (as Kishi loves to do), I'll know they're not because I saw you talking about them.

Edited by Shorty

Thank goodness for smart phones.

I can read manga whilst on the train :D

Damn US Netflix. I've finally got around to watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and for some reason they only have up to episode 52.

Has anyone seen the new series being written by creator of FMA? Arslan or something? Pretty good so far and I can see the resemblance to FMA.

Has anyone seen the new series being written by creator of FMA? Arslan or something? Pretty good so far and I can see the resemblance to FMA.

I thought she only drew Arslan? If she's writing it as well, that explains why Silver Spoon has been so slow to update, lately.

Finished FMA Brotherhood tonight and really enjoyed it. Only problem now is that I can't remember all that much from the original so I'm gonna have to go through all of that series again as well!

I thought she only drew Arslan? If she's writing it as well, that explains why Silver Spoon has been so slow to update, lately.

No idea, I just meant completing the work. Be it drawing or writing!

No idea, I just meant completing the work. Be it drawing or writing!

After a search, she's doing everything*, so yeah, you're right

*(it's actually an adaptation of an old Persian tale, which has already been previously adapted into other Japanese media before, as well. So, I'm guessing that writing it is simpler than with a completely original work :heh:)

After a search, she's doing everything*, so yeah, you're right

*(it's actually an adaptation of an old Persian tale, which has already been previously adapted into other Japanese media before, as well. So, I'm guessing that writing it is simpler than with a completely original work :heh:)

I was going to say, this is based on The Heroic Tale of Arslan, my dad had a book of it when I was younger (being half-Iranian I was well into it!). I've seen the original anime adaptation too, I'll definitely read this!

So I'm caught up with The Heroic Legend of Arslan. It follows the story fairly well, although Daryoon and Arslan aren't really portrayed as well as I'd have liked. Daryoon isn't just a skilled fighter, his mind is as sharp as his blade but in this it seems he's portrayed as simply the fighter.

Still, it's great reading it again (even if the seriousness is taken out of it).

Been reading the One Piece manga after a long hiatus. I stopped near the end of the Thriller Bark ark last time. Read up to the start of the Impel Down ark and the story seems to be picking up. Still got 20 or so volumes to go though >_>

Been reading the One Piece manga after a long hiatus. I stopped near the end of the Thriller Bark ark last time. Read up to the start of the Impel Down ark and the story seems to be picking up. Still got 20 or so volumes to go though >_>

Oh man, you've got so much epicness to come!!!

Any of you subscribed to Animax? Just seen its launched on PS4 so was wondering if its worth paying for?

@kav82

Do you remember that One Piece Film Z colour spread (chapter 691 more than 2 years ago)? Well there's a Marine that actually looks like Cora (then Commander Rosinante) in that spread. I'm thinking that it could be him. By the way, I got this from someone else and just wanted to share it.

Ercb6G0.jpg

So much great content in that chapter, I must've re-read it like 3 times.

Edited by -Dem0-

Any of you subscribed to Animax? Just seen its launched on PS4 so was wondering if its worth paying for?
I'm subscribed, though I haven't really watched much recently, the catalogue is decent mind, just look at their website and see if any of it interests you.

I had a quick try of a free video on their app but it didnt seem to be streaming very well. Does it actually let you choose between SD and HD or just assume everyone can stream HD video?

I had a quick try of a free video on their app but it didnt seem to be streaming very well. Does it actually let you choose between SD and HD or just assume everyone can stream HD video?

Well on PS3, their player always has like the first 10 seconds at like 240p but then corrects to HD, which is an annoying thing about their player. They definately use a more basic player than say Netflix so it's not that versatile. They have a ways to go to match Crunchyroll.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Well on PS3, their player always has like the first 10 seconds at like 240p but then corrects to HD, which is an annoying thing about their player. They definately use a more basic player than say Netflix so it's not that versatile. They have a ways to go to match Crunchyroll.

I think I'll just stick to the free streaming sites for now then.

I think I'll just stick to the free streaming sites for now then.

It's a shame as well, they have some good anime available, some not too well known to mainstream watchers. If they'd upgrade their player it'd be a worthwhile investment.

It's a shame as well, they have some good anime available, some not too well known to mainstream watchers. If they'd upgrade their player it'd be a worthwhile investment.

Yeah exactly. If a service is good then I have no problem paying for it. Thats why when stuff like Netflix streaming game along any torrenting I did dropped dramatically.