NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Just finished watching the latest HxH. Have to say that I really enjoyed the ant arc. It went on for a bit but it was great.

Not as great as the Enies Lobby arc on One Piece, now that was all kinds of awesomeness. The arc i'm on now is also ace.

Is the ant arc only just over? I'm at about 105 and been wanting to see it finished for a while.

Is the ant arc only just over? I'm at about 105 and been wanting to see it finished for a while.

Yep just over, you have a while to go...

Haven't you been enjoying it? I did think that it slowed down towards the end, could have ended it much sooner but enjoyable nonetheless.

The latest One Piece manga again carries on the brilliance of this arc.

Sword Art Online II starts in a couple of days :D

Wahey! Should be good. :)

Not as great as the Enies Lobby arc on One Piece, now that was all kinds of awesomeness. The arc i'm on now is also ace.

Which arc are you up to now?

Which arc are you up to now?

The one after, one with the zombies.

So yeah, the new Hunter X Hunter arc started last night, haven't watched it yet but I've seen the updated opening/ending. Really like it.

So yeah, the new Hunter X Hunter arc started last night, haven't watched it yet but I've seen the updated opening/ending. Really like it.

How exciting. I will need to get onto it!

Zankyou No Terror

In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.

While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children—children who shouldn't even exist—masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form "Sphinx," a clandestine entity determined to wake the people from their slumber—and pull the trigger on this world.

I watched the first episode and I am wholly intrigued!

Zankyou No Terror

Cheers for the post. Thought to check it out myself. Really enjoyed it and i'm intrigued by it all aswell. Looking forward to the release of the next episode. The animation seems cool too. Love the plot of it so far! If this turns into a deathnote type story then that would be amazing as I loved that series.

Also watched the latest HxH. Didn't expect that cliffhanger. I wonder who it is!!?.

Has anyone watched s-CRY-ed before?

I actually managed to finish watching it last night.

I first wanted to watch it about 18 years ago when I saw an advertisment for the manga on the back of some Pokémon comics. I downloaded it when I was at uni (subbed) about 10 years ago and didn't watch it. Bought it from Ebay about 3-5 years ago and actually watched it last week.

Found it rather entertaining. With the exception of one certain female (yes you were dreaming, we fucking get it) the rest of the characters were fairly likeable.

So HxH anime is getting pretty close to the Manga. I wonder when they'll stop for a while or throw a bunch of filler our way?

It's 20 chapters in total so it won't be long until this arc is over, especially when you consider how much they cover in a single episode. I'd say we've got at least another 13-16 episodes.

On the anime as a whole I think they originally planned on cancelling it this year seeing after the Chimera Ant arc finished.

Who knows, maybe all parties have sat down and discussed this thoroughly behind the scenes. It would be stupid for Togashi to go back on hiatus again now, the anime is immensely popular to say the least. It's amazing to see a series that was on hiatus for over two years (inc. the whole of 2013) feature in the top 10 manga sales (8th) for 2013.

I think they'll put the anime on hold after this arc concludes and restart it when they've got enough material again. Maybe they could do it seasonally? 30 episodes a year?

I would prefer it if they didn't do fillers. One Piece has tons!

Zankyou No Terror

Thanks for the reminder. Been really excited for this for a while and I completely forgot it was airing this month!

So, the name of the series is Zankyou no Terror (English: Terror in Resonance)

Here's a picture of the logo

Terror_in_Resonance_Poster.jpg

What's interesting here is that the first and last character are in red, whilst the rest is in black. These characters are 残 (Zan) and ル ('ru' in katakana, used for foreign words).

I initially thought it was strange how the 'terror/terrorism' part was spelt with the characters テロル (te-ro-ru) despite the fact it is more commonly spelt without the last character, leaving it as テロ (te-ro). So basically, the last character is unnecesarry but also happens to be in red.

Now, the first character, 残 can mean many things but when you pair it with the last character/sound in the name, you get a different reading. Instead on 'zan', the character becomes 'noko' and, if you follow it with the last sound, becomes 'nokoru' (usually spelt with the characters 残る (the る here is the native language version of ル, which as I explained, is used for foreign words). This means "to remain/be left".

So I'm guessing the objective of Nine and Twelve's terrorism is to kill literally every one except a certain group or certain people. Why this is, I have no idea.

One of the people claiming to catch the culprits has a name that sounds close to the Japanese pronunciation of the number "Five". This is making me incredibly intrigued, as the fact they also have a number for a name made me think that they should really be on the same side, surely?

But as for the guy who works at the school who seems to have a history of detective work, I'm getting a Raye Penbar feeling from him. I hope I'm jumping to conclusions and he doesn't end up the same way, as I'd feel way too much of a Death Note vibe,

Thanks for the reminder. Been really excited for this for a while and I completely forgot it was airing this month!

So, the name of the series is Zankyou no Terror (English: Terror in Resonance)

Here's a picture of the logo

Terror_in_Resonance_Poster.jpg

What's interesting here is that the first and last character are in red, whilst the rest is in black. These characters are 残 (Zan) and ル ('ru' in katakana, used for foreign words).

I initially thought it was strange how the 'terror/terrorism' part was spelt with the characters テロル (te-ro-ru) despite the fact it is more commonly spelt without the last character, leaving it as テロ (te-ro). So basically, the last character is unnecesarry but also happens to be in red.

Now, the first character, 残 can mean many things but when you pair it with the last character/sound in the name, you get a different reading. Instead on 'zan', the character becomes 'noko' and, if you follow it with the last sound, becomes 'nokoru' (usually spelt with the characters 残る (the る here is the native language version of ル, which as I explained, is used for foreign words). This means "to remain/be left".

So I'm guessing the objective of Nine and Twelve's terrorism is to kill literally every one except a certain group or certain people. Why this is, I have no idea.

One of the people claiming to catch the culprits has a name that sounds close to the Japanese pronunciation of the number "Five". This is making me incredibly intrigued, as the fact they also have a number for a name made me think that they should really be on the same side, surely?

But as for the guy who works at the school who seems to have a history of detective work, I'm getting a Raye Penbar feeling from him. I hope I'm jumping to conclusions and he doesn't end up the same way, as I'd feel way too much of a Death Note vibe,

Most of that went over my head haha but I also got the Death Note vibe from the first episode.

After my Wii U broke I thought i'd miss out on watching anime on a decent screen for a week.

Then I had a brainwave... I have a laptop!!!

Just caught up with the latest HxH. :)

Missing the epicness of the enies lobby arc on OP. That was awesome!

Edited by Blade

I would prefer it if they didn't do fillers. One Piece has tons!

One Piece's fillers aren't it's weakness though. Look to Naruto for that. At least some of One Piece's fillers are bearable. I remember back in the day not even realising some arcs were filler, like the one after Skypiea.

Where OP lets itself down is pacing. They stretch the arcs out for ages with a slew of frustrating things

a) super long opening and recap, sometimes as much as 10 mins in before new content starts

b) slow-mo, alternating "reaction shots" that last 10-20 seconds each

c) characters repeating the same lines every time you cut back to them

d) a 5 second title card for where on the current arc's island you're cutting back to, 10 times per episode

I love One Piece, really, but it's the only anime I actually find myself skipping ahead on from time to time, because I know zero progress is going to take place. At least when it's filler, the real arc carries on with good pacing.

Manga UK seem to be on the ball lately, they've announced they are releasing Battle of Gods in December. Saves me from importing that.

Their first One Piece movie collection is out in a week's time as well!

@Shorty

yeah I do skip a lot with OP. Their "recap" is just too long.

I watched the second episode of Zankyou No Terror the other day. I'm really enjoying it so far!

Guys! Guys! You need to watch Akame ga Kill! I just watched the first episode and it was just WOW! The first half of episode one lures you into believing you're watching a bog standard fantasy adventure, then the second half happens and you're like, well that escalated quickly...And i love it!

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Guys! Guys! You need to watch Akame ga Kill! I just watched the first episode and it was just WOW! The first half of episode one lures you into believing you're watching a bog standard fantasy adventure, then the second half happens and you're like, well that escalated quickly...And i love it!

I was going to post about this yesterday, I've watched the first 3 episodes and am enjoying it. Didn't expect it to be the way it was at all!

Manga:

Zoro is all kinds of awesome! So looking forward to him unleashing!

Obito... :(