NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

@Blade you spanner, you are the most unobservant person I know! There's a list of movies you can select on the site when we watch the series! Edited by Kav

Worth watching?

I'm at the Ennis Lobby arc. Probably the best arc so far.

Movies 1-7 are. Movie 8 is a bad retelling of the Alabasta arc, you can skip it without missing anything. Movie 9 is a retelling of Drum Island which is good but you should watch after Enies Lobby. The rest you should wait until your further in the anime.

There are a ton of specials as well, Episode of Nami is worth a watch.

Man the latest Shippuden was awesome :D can't wait to see where the story goes from here.

So the final episode of Gundam UC is finally out. 7 episode OVA, roughly an hour each episode (the final is an hour and a half). I definitely implore any one to watch it who has experience with Universal Century, though to be fair, I know a lot of people who have gone straight into it despite it being technically the finale of the whole story.

It's done in a very clever way, most characters have adopted aliases because of their past, and have independent stories that makes it very accessible for those not completely in the know. There will be times where a little knowledge could help, and of course, watching the whole thing up until this point will give you the complete understanding of what's going on and help identify the nods to previous aspects of the story, but it's still very good in its own right.

Currently listening to the OST and loving it. I thought it sounded very familiar, and it's the same composer who worked on Attack on Titan! Really good stuff.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure really is something else.

We were watching episode 2 last night and it kept getting stuck on the episode 3 preview of something on fire with JoJo screaming "DIOOOOOOOOOO!" - ignoring what was obviously Crunchyroll PS3 app messing up for the billionth time, this series might be a winner.

And the Hunter x Hunter manga is back too! Awesome!

IMG_0059_zpse3f1939a.jpg

I finally did it...I bought all the One Piece volumes so far. Just finished Water Seven last night moving onto Thriller Bark. I think its volume 46. Another 24 volumes and I'll be all caught up.

Awesome stuff :awesome:

Don't go through them too quickly!

Finally got the chance to read HUNTERxHUNTER 343.

It feels great to be reading chapters like this on a weekly basis, jam-packed with dialogue, but important & interesting dialogue!

Not to mention that we get to see a certain someone...

Kura-FREAKIN'-pika is going to join us on our epically-dark expedition!

94oxD7X.jpg

QVHnFGL.jpg

Just finished volume 13 of Fullmetal Alchemist (started reading this in March btw), which means that I'm roughly at the halfway point of the series.

So good it's unreal.

Edited by -Dem0-

It's a 26 disc set , can't watch it just wanted to know if it it was worth much ?

Unfortunately I don't think anyone here is an expert on reselling anime box sets of 80s series. Looking on eBay US the English box set has gone for $30-50. Just having some anime in the original language doesn't automatically make it worth something.

Why not just list it on ebay and see what it gets?

Damn World Cup. Forgot to watch the new HxH last night. I assume it's released.

Latest One Piece chapter... awesome end to it! I LOVE this arc!

Also loving where Hunter x Hunter is going, you just know this arc is going to be amazing!!!

Edited by Kav

In this week's chapter of Naruto

We get a history lesson from Black Zetsu.

For crying out loud...

At least the anime is getting to the good stuff. I've been waiting for all this to be animated.

Episode 12 of Knights of Sidonia was awesome, the animation during the Gauna battle was superb!

Episode 12 of Knights of Sidonia was awesome, the animation during the Gauna battle was superb!

I agree! I've been on and off about the animation used throughout the series, but for the last couple of episodes, Polygon Pictures really put their money where their mouth is.

Really happy that it's also getting a second series, but I should really have assumed that beforehand considering despite the reshuffle of plot points for the anime, a lot would have went unanswered.

Any one interested in Knights of Sidonia should really check it out on Netflix when it's added July 4th.

Been watching a few Studio Ghibli films that I never saw as of late.

Ponyo, My Neighbour Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, The Wind Rises and my favourite, Princess Mononoke.

I do enjoy a Ghibli film!