NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

in the same way I'm sceptical about those who defend the industry standard FPS for movies being at 24fps, as higher framerates supposedly give every thing a soap opera feel.

Did you watch The Hobbit in HFR? It was... bizarre. Seeing every little detail as the camera panned, you could tell the backdrop was a set, you could tell that extras weren't really talking, lighting and costumes and makeup looked fake, you could see that punches didn't connect....

It was really surreal.

Where I am on One Piece at the minute is reyt good!!

Sooo...anyone else looking forward to Sword Art Online season 2 this July? There is something about virtualized MMORPG world settings that I like. It must be because I think it'd be pretty cool to be in one.

I always thought the first season was brill. I heard some criticisms from people but generally I thought it was done really well.

Yes, very much so. In fact, the only anime I'm looking forward to at the moment.

It fell into a bit of a sappy romance in the middle of the first story, but that fuelled the motivation for the second half really nicely.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is having to watch each episode as it airs :p the cliffhangers were often brutal in Season 1.

Did you watch The Hobbit in HFR? It was... bizarre. Seeing every little detail as the camera panned, you could tell the backdrop was a set, you could tell that extras weren't really talking, lighting and costumes and makeup looked fake, you could see that punches didn't connect....

It was really surreal.

Yeah, I saw the first one. Maybe I wasn't looking too closely, but it felt to me like the jump from playing a game in 30 fps to 60, it just looked nice a smooth.

Gumdam The Origin sounds interesting, might check it out.

Got Manga UK's first release of DragonBall today. Already had the US version but apparently the Manga version is based on older footage masters rather than FUNi's "remastered" version. Plus want to support Manga and I'm a sucker for the original DB.

IMG_20140502_144155.jpg

Manga UK release is the yellow box.

Picture looks great, Japanese + subs seems to still be the way to go.

I haven't watched the original Dragonball in YEARS! Maybe I should get that.

Speaking of DB...

TT2EDAe.jpg

Episode 236 of One Piece, never fails to make me cry!

Episode 236 of One Piece, never fails to make me cry!

I don't know whether it is in that episode but for me it's when Chopper says something like

"He says he doesn't want to be my nakama anymore"

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

^ So right!

Can't remember the last time I laughed this much from a single chapter!

So much for loyalty...

4YLys5I.png

Edited by -Dem0-

Supporting three new series right off the bat. Didn't go in blind, I've done my research before hand.

c0CQDM3.jpg

Vagabond and Vinland Saga are top tier stuff. If you enjoy those two you should really check out their other works, especially Planetes and REAL. Inoue and Yukimura are second only to Urasawa. And he's basically God, so he doesn't really count.

We got a lot of content this chapter. It took me at least 10-15 minutes to read it.

Dressrosa is so, so good.

Looking at those covers, it seems I do not remember any of the One Piece movies except the sixth, which was bonkers.

Great setup episode in Hunter X Hunter...

Next week (well the start at least) is what everyone's been waiting for.

It was really surreal.

I loved it. I saw The Hobbit 2 both in HFR and .. NormalFR? StandardFR? It looked absolutely crap to me after seeing it in HFR.. Didn´t want to go back.

Yes there's a few.

A couple are just remakes of certain arcs though.

Worth watching?

I'm at the Ennis Lobby arc. Probably the best arc so far.