NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

So how many of you read the mangas, and how many just watch the animes? For me, it's the latter these days, I just prefer the colour, sound and animation...

I read the mangas, and watch the animes too to be fair but I do prefer the mangas.

So how many of you read the mangas, and how many just watch the animes? For me, it's the latter these days, I just prefer the colour, sound and animation...

For One Piece (the only thing I keep up with really these days) I watch the anime. Luffy's voicing and general demeanour put across in the anime simply isn't worth sacrificing, and I'm not one who likes to go over the same ground by also reading the manga.

Saying that, I hadn't watched any for about 4-5 years so I've recently been catching up on a lot. I'm on something like episode 520 right now.

Same for me and it's easier haha.

At the moment I'm reading the manga for One Piece & Naruto.

Used to watch Naruto but stopped around the 5 Kage arc, will continue when I've built up enough years (to account for the filler seasons), or maybe when it comes to an end.

As for One Piece it's both. However I'm building up the episodes of the current arc as the animators have upped the overall quality, besides nothing feels better than marathoning a bunch of OP episodes.

The only anime I watch weekly is Hunter X Hunter.

At the moment I'm reading the manga for One Piece & Naruto.

Used to watch Naruto but stopped around the 5 Kage arc, will continue when I've built up enough years (to account for the filler seasons), or maybe when it comes to an end.

As for One Piece it's both. However I'm building up the episodes of the current arc as the animators have upped the overall quality, besides nothing feels better than marathoning a bunch of OP episodes.

The only anime I watch weekly is Hunter X Hunter.

I've watched the latest HxH now and absolutely loving it :D

Prefer the manga myself. The anime can add more to certain scenes however if done right however, a certain One Piece scene post Enies Lobby never fails to make me cry simply because of the perfect music/acting creating much more emotion.

Anyway, finally got around to reading the bonus Dragonball/Jaco chapter, it completely ignores the Bardock movie (which wasn't exactly cannon anyway), but it does also ignore certain things that were in the original manga though. I was surprised Goku's Mother was shown as well, I felt like it was something that should have never been known. The artwork was a bit "un-Toriyama" in places so I wonder if he had help.

Got the "Bardock - The Father of Goku" movie playing in the background though, felt like watching it after reading the chapter.

Goosebumps! Freaking goosebumps on that panel with Naruto and the Sauce. "We will!" Simply awesome.

Goosebumps! Freaking goosebumps on that panel with Naruto and the Sauce. "We will!" Simply awesome.

I liked this chapter and I even got a little hype back in me. I think this arc has dragged far too much for my liking and a lot of it I consider to be bollocks and plain rubbish which just left me empty with Naruto as a whole... hopefully this will get me back into it.

Edited by Kav

I liked this chapter and I even got a little hype back in me. I think this arc has dragged far too much for my liking and a lot if it I consider to be bollocks and rubbish which just left me empty with Naruto as a whole... hopefully this will get me back into it.

Yeah, I know the length of this arc has annoyed a lot of people, myself included. It's been going on for years now. Crazy!

Been watching more One Piece over this weekend with @kav82

I'm now around 200 episodes in

It's AMAZING!

Not really feeling Gurren Lagann at the moment. I'm only four episodes in though.

Been watching more One Piece over this weekend with @kav82

I'm now around 200 episodes in

It's AMAZING!

Took you 200 episodes to realise that? ;) :p

The Davy Back arc which is coming up is pretty fun, then the next (non filler) arc is my favourite in the series. Some epic stuff in that arc.

Took you 200 episodes to realise that? ;) :p

The Davy Back arc which is coming up is pretty fun, then the next (non filler) arc is my favourite in the series. Some epic stuff in that arc.

Looking forward to it. @kav82 says that the next arc is immense.

New One Piece chapter... holy shit it's getting so good!!!

Yet another great chapter, shame about no SJ next week :(

I thought we were nearing the climax of this arc... But now it seems like that won't happen for a while longer.

But having said that, I like where this is going.

-Luffy vs Doflamingo will no doubt be an extremely difficult fight. I'm getting Luffy vs Crocodile vibes here, in a sense that his opponent is of a much higher level/calibur compared to himself and all the other enemies he's faced before.

-Earlier on in the arc I thought that Luffy would possibly have been on the brink of defeat in this fight, having to fight him on more than one occasion until he finally beats him (like Crocodile), or the fight gets interrupted and pushed back into another arc or culminates in the following saga, considering that Doffy is around/just below Admiral level IMO and it's a bit too early to get rid of a big fish this early in the game (after Doflamingo is defeated, Kaido will no doubt come in to take his head which could possibly lead to a clash with our first Yonko which ultimately was the initial goal of this Pirate Alliance).

-But in this chapter we finally know that "Birdcage" won't allow anyone to enter or leave the country until Doflamingo is killed/incapacitated (or the people he lists gets killed, but we know that's not gonna happen) which means that things have to get settled here. So even though this will be one helluva fight, we haven't even seen Luffy or Zoro go all-out in the New World so maybe I was worrying a bit too much before.

-Looks like Usopp's followers may turn on him after hearing Doffy's broadcast.

-What role will Burgess play in this arc? He's part of the "game" whether he likes it or not.

-I doubt Fujitora is going to wait any more, he said that he'll help Doffy with the Luffy/Law allaince now, and take him down later on, but after sing "Birdcage" and innocent civilians getting slaughtered he might pay him a visit.

-I won't be surprised if we finally switch to Sanji, Big Mom & Co. after this or if we get Law's flashback finally revealing the secrets of his past including Cora & his links to Doffy.

-Having Zoro still in the palace could prove helpful, maybe he'll cross paths with Pica again? or run into Mingo? Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

gR8TPrC.png

Yet another great chapter, shame about no SJ next week :(

I thought we were nearing the climax of this arc... But now it seems like that won't happen for a while longer.

I'd say we're about 75% through.

I keep forgetting Sanji & Co. are off doing their own thing so we could be a bit further away from the end of the arc. There's so much going on it's a bit hard to tell.

:laughing:

Edited by Ike

I'd say we're about 75% through. I keep forgetting Sanji & Co. are off doing their own thing so we could be a bit further away from the end of the arc. There's so much going on it's a bit hard to tell. :laughing:

Sanji doing their own thing??

Please hide the spoilers!

Also I hear Demo has put on twitter that the new HxH ep is out. Cannot wait to get home and watch it!!

Please hide the spoilers!

Sorry! Though I was being vague enough.

Episode 126 of Hunter x Hunter is how an anime episode should be! Perfectly executed!