NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Usopp you pussy, what did you do for 2 years?!!!

Yeah, it's cowardly even for Ussop. He usually pulls through if a crew member is in danger. Although he must have forgotten about Robin due to Sugar's ability.

Part of me wonders if this means we'll be seeing Sogeking make a return?

It kicked off so well and then as usual a freaking flashback happened. Hopefully we will get to see the actual fight next week. I will say though that the pic on page 17 of Guy all powered was epic.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Finally Usopp's balls grew back! He needs to stop with the cowardice after having trained for those 2 years. He'll never become a brave warrior of the sea otherwise!

I love One Piece!

It kicked off so well and then as usual a freaking flashback happened. Hopefully we will get to see the actual fight next week. I will say though that the pic on page 17 of Guy all powered was epic.

Think this weeks flashback was really good. Unseen backstory and gives us understanding of Guy's spirit and where it came from. Must admit it got me in the feels, next week could be a tearjerker.

Think this weeks flashback was really good. Unseen backstory and gives us understanding of Guy's spirit and where it came from. Must admit it got me in the feels, next week could be a tearjerker.

I guess i'm just sick of waiting around for some decent fighting/action to happen. This arc has dragged on long enough.

I finished Avatar a few days ago. Fantastic series. Felt like one of the "big" shonen, but condensed down to a sensible length. There's really a difference between a cartoon writer who wants to tell a story, and one just hired to make something that appeals to age group x.

Is Legend of Korra ongoing?

Is Legend of Korra ongoing?

Yeah, they are working on Season 3. Season 2 is done though.

The flashbacks in Naruto are fucking killing the pacing of what should be an awesome part of the story.

Bleach was interesting, good to see that dude back at the end.

I will say though that the pic on page 17 of Guy all powered was epic.

Go, Guy! GOOOOO!!!

3PoKewR.png

That was going through my head all throughout this chapter. Oh man, Team Guy will never be the same again after this arc!

I want Guy to go out in a big, bright blaze of youth!

I just can't get excited about Naruto anymore... even this weeks chapter did absolutely nothing for me.::shrug:

I just can't get excited about Naruto anymore... even this weeks chapter did absolutely nothing for me.::shrug:

This shit has really dragged on. The pacing has really damaged it.

This weeks chapter of Naruto was the shit. Loved it.

Indeed. I've just read it and I was nodding my head with approval all the way through it. Fantastic!

So i got tired of the Naruto anime taking its sweeeet time, i decided to start reading the manga. (i should have started long ago tbh) Been reading it couple days now, just finished chapter 614.

When everyone finally showed up i was pumped to see Madara get beat, it was cool seeing how coordinated the ninja alliance was with their attacks. Really!? Shikaku and Inoichi die 'We do what we have to do untill the end' that was noble of him. I felt sad for Ino and shikamaru. I loved the scene where Hinata, Neji and Hiashi are together (Hyuuga

:heart:). Then later on we see Neji die! my heart can't take this...:weep: Neji's been my all time favorite. Damn you Kishi! It does make the war more believable by having some important characters die but why did it have to be Neji..

I've often thought of that, but I've been with the anime for so many years (8+??). I figure once I catch up with the manga I'd only be in the same boat in terms of waiting, pacing etc, but a bit further ahead. Well, a slightly nicer looking boat with less filler...

I really liked this chapter. Seeing Madara getting pushed back and pressured by Guy's attacks felt good, and then the combination to ensure that Guy landed a good, solid hit on Madara was great!

They way the chapter ended was almost like I woke up from a good dream:

4s5XATC.png

Now I want Naruto, Sasuke & Guy to triple team him! Although I don't think that'll happen. Most likely Naruto & Sasuke will arrive simultaneously when everyone needs them most.

I'm now finally up to date with Hunter x Hunter anime!

Absolutely amazing!!

I'm now finally up to date with Hunter x Hunter anime!

Absolutely amazing!!

Now read the manga and catch up!

He might as well just stick to the anime. I don't see the Manga carrying on anytime soon.

He might as well just stick to the anime. I don't see the Manga carrying on anytime soon.

That's true, I just want him to catch up so we can talk about it, haha.

The last manga I bought was a big chunk of Ace Attorney Manga. Very happy girl! I always find myself getting back into reading Battle Royale and Gravitation. They were the first manga series I began to read and really enjoyed the characters and storylines from both, although they are very different. I do enjoy Naruto, but I've struggled to keep up to date with it because it's so long.

So it seems no ones mentioned anything about the Gundam 35th anniversary announcements so let me just sum it up for anybody who may be interested heh.

Gundam Unicorn Finale: Episode 7

Originally intended to be a six episode long OVA, the adaptation of the manga set nearly 20 years after the very original Gundam series finally wraps up in May. I've only recently gotten up to date with it as I had been stuck midway through Gundam Double Zeta for nearly 2 years, and I can't wait.

Gundam: The Origin, Blue Eyed Casval

This is actually a very disappointing announcement in my opinion. Despite Char Aznable being a fan favourite, including my own, we've all pretty much known his back story but now it will be adapted into a new, four part OVA. The main reason this is disappointing is the fact that when Sunrise first mentioned an adaptation of The Origin, the general assumption was it was going to be the next series of Gundam and effectively a remake of the very original series. This could have given newer fans of Gundam a more accessible entrance into the Universal Century timeline (which is the most extensive timeline of the Gundam franchise with many sequels, OVA's such as UC and movies), but hey what can you do?

Gundam: Reconguista in G

This will be the next Gundam series to debut this autumn. This actually soothes the disappointment of the earlier announcement as the production cast sounds absolutely phenomenal. Character design is handled by Yoshida Kenichi (Eureka Seven), mecha designs by Yamane Kimitoshi (Too fucking many popular works to list) and has been written and will be directed by the legendary Tomino Yoshiyuki, who has had very little involvement with any Gundam anime in recent years. I'm really excited for this as apparently it takes place in the timeline directly following on from Universal Century.

Just to finish this up, I can't recommend enough to any one who's ever had an interest in Gundam to give the novelised version of the original Gundam (here on Amazon) a try. Tomino wrote the original Gundam into three novels and utilised the freedom to convey the story in a way that the anime couldn't (it was the advertise for a new kind of toy after all). I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and it's very hard to come to a decision as to which I prefer as book deviates wildly from the animation that the events of Zeta, Double Zeta, Char's Counterattack and so on are not possible.