NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

I am now well into the second season of Avatar: The Last Airbender and really enjoying it. Great series :D

What's the plan after you finish Season 3? Straight to Korra?

Just finishes waching more hunter x hunter!! Brilliant stuff. Also why does anime have really catchy intros?

Oh man, Hunter X Hunter is getting awesome! Watched episode 50 last.

I must say, I loved episode 47!

Straight to Korra?

Been watching this lately, just finished Season 1. I like how they did something a bit different, I don't think it's as good as The Last Airbender.

Just finishes waching more hunter x hunter!! Brilliant stuff. Also why does anime have really catchy intros?

Gotta love that JPop/JRock music. Most of the time I get really hyped when the intro music starts on an anime. :D

Gotta love that JPop/JRock music. Most of the time I get really hyped when the intro music starts on an anime. :D

You're gunna love Attack on Titan then :D

The opening for Hunter X Hunter is great but I think the endings are on a whole 'nother level!

The only thing I'm worried about when it comes to Hunter X Hunter is how close anime is to the manga and the fact that the manga has been on hiatus for almost 2 years straight!

I just hope they don't cancel the anime again. Just put it on hold until Togashi starts writing again.

I don't think it's as good as The Last Airbender.

Same. A lot of people were hyping it up when it first aired, but I think some of those people never watched The Last Airbender.

I liked Season 1 of Korra but you can tell that it was originally supposed to be just those 12 episodes. I stopped about mid-way through Season 2 a while back.

@Blade it begins!

EDIT: whoa! The end of episode 4!

*watches episode 5*

Hahahahahahhaha!!

I know exactly what you have watched. It's amazing isnt it!!?

Hahahahahahhaha!!

I know exactly what you have watched. It's amazing isnt it!!?

The end of episode 5...WHAT THE HELL!???!!!

*starts episode 6*

Just finished episode 8. The twist was very oblivious but it was still cool. I'm gonna guess those quick flashbacks about daddy dearest have something to do with this.

*fires up episode 9*

@Blade It's slowed down a bit during the middle but things have picked up again.

I thought Reiner had been killed when the female titan grabbed him. Just as I was about to kick off BOOYA the dude pulls it out of the bag and breaks free. Good times.

I finished Attack on Titan last night.

I was annoyed with the way it ended. I thought the thing was finished but it clearly must have another series. I hate watching things in bits and bobs and wouldn't have bothered watching it yet if I knew this.

Character wise I didn't really care for a lot of them. I did like Levi and Mikasa though. The pair of them are hard as nails. As for the rest of them, most of them are very forgettable.

Animation was ok but I really didn't care for the thick, black outlines that are on characters from time to time.

I thought it was good but not worthy of the hype it gets. It's also not a patch on Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Code Geass.

I thought it was good but not worthy of the hype it gets. It's also not a patch on Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Code Geass.

I think we can no longer be friends.

I think we can no longer be friends.

Shame. I enjoyed your banter on MH and CoD. :D

Have you watched FMA:Brotherhood yet?

I was annoyed with the way it ended. I thought the thing was finished but it clearly must have another series. I hate watching things in bits and bobs and wouldn't have bothered watching it yet if I knew this.

Yeah, it's one of the new Animes that's being released in "Seasons", instead of dragging themselves through filler. There's definitely more coming.

I honestly prefer it like this. Much easier to digest.

EDIT: Also, I do agree that FMA Brotherhood is better. Then again, it's better than most things :heh:

Yeah, it's one of the new Animes that's being released in "Seasons", instead of dragging themselves through filler. There's definitely more coming.

I honestly prefer it like this. Much easier to digest.

EDIT: Also, I do agree that FMA Brotherhood is better. Then again, it's better than most things :heh:

I hate filler. I meant that I would have rather have watched it once it had fully finished and the seasons were over, instead of stopping and starting.

FMA Brotherhood is godlike. It's due another viewing soon methinks.

I meant that I would have rather have watched it once it had fully finished and the seasons were over

Pretty much what I'm waiting for.

I finished Attack on Titan last night...

Now read the manga from chapter 33 onwards. It gets better and better mate!

I've not really been able to get into FMA Brotherhood ::shrug:

Up to episode 78 on Hunter X Hunter and loving it more and more!

Now read the manga from chapter 33 onwards. It gets better and better mate!

Nah. I made the mistake of reading the Naruto Manga and now I don't bother watching the anime. I'll just wait for the series to fully finish before picking it up again.

You couldn't get into FMA:B? You crazy?! Hands down one of the best anime series every made. The story, characters, animation, everything is perfect.

Blades comments about not being friends applies here. :D

I think FMA:B does have its own share of flaws (namely rushing/glossing over a lot of manga stuff for no good reason, for the first 15 episodes). Also, I think art and comedy are better in the manga, but that's splitting hairs.

In my opinion, the best way to take it would be "Read the first 30 or so manga chapters, then watch the series from Episode 16", but that's impractical.

So if the anime doesn't do it for ya, just read the manga, kav!

Holy shit! Hunter X Hunter is fast becoming one of my favourites!

Just watched episode 85

Chimera Ant Arc

Oh crap! The first of the King's Guard just killed Kite! I'm absolutely devastated!

This arc is AMAZING the sense of foreboding doom it's evokes is brilliant!!!