NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

New opening celebrating the 15th Anniversary (of the anime).

Really liked the opening. Better than Hands Up! (which I thought was a good opening) already.

The episode was fantastic as well, great start to the arc. Judging from the preview it seems that this quality will continue into next episode too!

Edited by -Dem0-

So I've just looked into One Piece a bit, looks like I'd really like it.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it because it's totally impossible to penetrate. Difficult to see what DVD collections or Blu-Ray collections to get, and then they only go up to under half way through anyway.

Why not just torrent or Crunchy Roll? I dread to think what it'd be like to try buy all of One Piece...

So I've just looked into One Piece a bit, looks like I'd really like it.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it because it's totally impossible to penetrate. Difficult to see what DVD collections or Blu-Ray collections to get, and then they only go up to under half way through anyway.

It looks like Manga UK are in the process of releasing the complete series in large multi-disc sets. Part 5 will apparently be released pretty soon and I'm sure they'll transition into Blu-ray releases as well when they reach the HD stuff in about 1,000 years.

---

I keep meaning to get into One Piece but I'm not sure if I can handle that kind of commitment in my life. The thought of having to catch up on so many episodes and chapters is terrifying.

I did pick up the first UK DVD release because it was a pretty big deal for it to be released over here, but haven't actually watched past the first few episodes yet. I had a phase a few years ago when I got about 10-15 episodes in and ended up quitting for some reason. Probably fear of commitment like before.

Edited by Guy

Why not just torrent or Crunchy Roll? I dread to think what it'd be like to try buy all of One Piece...

I looked on Crunchy Roll and couldn't see it (and no PS3 or PS4 app yet....fucking sigh) and torrenting is a ball ache (for me).

It looks like Manga UK are in the process of releasing the complete series in large multi-disc sets. Part 5 will apparently be released pretty soon and I'm sure they'll transition into Blu-ray releases as well when they reach the HD stuff in about 1,000 years.

---

I keep meaning to get into One Piece but I'm not sure if I can handle that kind of commitment in my life. The thought of having to catch up on so many episodes and chapters is terrifying.

I did pick up the first UK DVD release because it was a pretty big deal for it to be released over here, but haven't actually watched past the first few episodes yet. I had a phase a few years ago when I got about 10-15 episodes in and ended up quitting for some reason. Probably fear of commitment like before.

Ive only recently started it and now 90 something episodes in.

It's amazing!!

New opening celebrating the 15th Anniversary (of the anime).

Really liked the opening. Better than Hands Up! (which I thought was a good opening) already.

The episode was fantastic as well, great start to the arc. Judging from the preview it seems that this quality will continue into next episode too!

Not sure on the song, it might grow on me. Like the animation, Dressrossa parts have me hyped.

Was the animation and pacing improved in the new epsiode? I heard there was no recap?

Dressrossa parts have me hyped.

Absolutely! That's what I liked best, especially the three-way fight ;)

The episode did have a recap, it quickly went over the filler and where the last episode finished off. Animation was good, there was some comedy

Law getting pulled into the Strawhat antics

and being able to see some old faces was great too

BUGGY!!!!

n78N0Xc.png

Oh how I missed him!

Funnily enough the pacing was excellent despite only covering a single chapter.

However, when you consider some of the problems of the previous arc it was that having one chapter translated into an episode caused a major problem pace-wise.

But then I remembered that chapter 700 was packed to the brim and that clearly helped them out a ton.

I thought the episode was great and I just can't wait to see the rest of the arc animated!

By the way @ReZourceman, Braynee pointed you in the right direction. These DVD collections are the ones you should get: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=One%20Piece%20%28Uncut%29%20Collection

There are only four available so far and they cover the first 103 episodes of the original Japanese version in English sub/dub.

If you want to quickly have a see for yourself then you could watch the series from here: http://www1.watchop.com/one-piece-episodes/

Edited by -Dem0-

Been looking at other good series to pick up for a while now and I've narrowed it down to these so far:

C9weMSE.jpg

I'm in no rush to start them but I just wanted to get other people's views.

Anime really needs to start coming out in sensible box sets. They should have Blu-Ray releases where they put 50+ episodes into a half-size disk container, or similar. 26 episodes per standard DVD case, that means about 25 of those just to catch up with the current Japanese release, which could only be 2/3 of the way through for all we know.

@ReZourceman, how can torrents be a problem? Not that I'm advocating such an action, but let's pretend it's unrelated.

They only go up to half-way through because a) it's not finished and b) official English releases are a long way behind.

@ReZourceman, how can torrents be a problem? Not that I'm advocating such an action, but let's pretend it's unrelated.

Main reasons are internet too slow (although manageable) but mainly they are usually MKV rather than AVI, and whilst I can run it through a media server, it's not very reliable on my connection. (I don't like watching on PC).

In-house steaming should just depend on your router and distance from router though, right? Not your broadband speed.

I'm guessing you're using PS3 media server to stream from PC to PS3? If so the problem is probably your PC's speed in transcoding the files.

Been looking at other good series to pick up for a while now and I've narrowed it down to these so far:

C9weMSE.jpg

I'm in no rush to start them but I just wanted to get other people's views.

Hunter X Hunter is godly.

Toriko is kinda weird in that it makes me hungry and puts me off food at the same time. :laughing: Only read the first couple of chapters. Not sure what the overall plot is. :p

Slam Dunk is finished if I remember right, so at least that's something at least?

Yeah, Slam Dunk is finished but I really liked Eyeshield 21 so I wanted to get some other sports-based series in too.

Kuroko's Basketball & Slam Dunk caught my attention the most.

@bryanee Manga or the anime?

J-Stars Victory Vs. Trailer with Theme song.

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-32-HQ-1.jpg

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-32-HQ-2.jpg

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-32-HQ-3.jpg

J-Stars-Victory-VS-Scan-32-HQ-4.jpg

New Naruto chapter is out. Best one in a while and I have no idea how they are gonna pull through this. I loved the comparison between the two characters. Again, quality chapter.

New Naruto chapter is out. Best one in a while and I have no idea how they are gonna pull through this. I loved the comparison between the two characters. Again, quality chapter.

It was alright. To the spoilers!

1. Spiral Zetsu and the Mokuton statue. Where did that come from? I'm guessing someone is in that Zetsu like Obito was. Possibly Yamato being manipulated?

2. Didn't like how it was basically dragging out last weeks cliff hanger. Nothing really happened apart from everyone else learning that one of Naruto and Sasuke are dying.

3. I reckon they'll both survive some how. Don't ask how, but I'm guessing Hashirama's chakra/jutsu he gave Sasuke plays a role.

It was alright. To the spoilers!

1. Spiral Zetsu and the Mokuton statue. Where did that come from? I'm guessing someone is in that Zetsu like Obito was. Possibly Yamato being manipulated?

2. Didn't like how it was basically dragging out last weeks cliff hanger. Nothing really happened apart from everyone else learning that one of Naruto and Sasuke are dying.

3. I reckon they'll both survive some how. Don't ask how, but I'm guessing Hashirama's chakra/jutsu he gave Sasuke plays a role.

Yeah, I think point 3 is a given just not sure how it's gonna play out.

I just don't get excited for Naruto anymore, thought the latest chapter was rubbish.

One Piece however is simply awesome!

Just read the last two Naruto chapters. Enjoyed them both, good start to 2014!

1. Spiral Zetsu and the Mokuton statue. Where did that come from?

It's the "Kishimoto Weekly Raffle!"

Since there are FAR too many big names all on one battlefield Kishi pulls out some names at random in order to give them some panel time.

I mean seriously, what have Orochimaru & Co. done since they returned (apart from helping out the Kages)? Where have they been this entire time?

Also the 5 Kages themselves were pretty much MIA. Tobirama came back in last week's chapter. So yeah there are a lot of big names being juggled here.

Still I've been enjoying Naruto more ever since Obito was taken out of the picture. That guy seriously needs to star on his own talk show.

Read the latest One Piece chapter too.

Brief summary: I loved it!

One of the many reasons why I like this current arc is Franky. He's not just crying his eyes out, he's not just changing his hairstyle, he's not just yelling SUUUUUPEER!

Right at the end of Punk Hazard he was tussling with Baby 5 & Buffalo. Now he's taking on Mach Vise & Señor Pink (The most "hard-boiled" character in manga history).

725199-senor_pink.png

And let's not forget Vice-Admiral Bastille and the marines that have entered the fray.

I've liked Franky's pro-activeness all throughout this arc (tracking down Doffy's crew, the factory whereabouts, working with Dressrosa's underground revolution etc), he's been the top strawhat so far and I'm loving it. Also I'm looking forward to his fight as it looks hilarious.

But the star of this chapter is Fujitora. This is a Marine Admiral who has some serious goals. He wants the "Seven Warlords of the Sea" system to be abolished. Also he wants to protect the citizens of Dressrosa as his top priority right now, but after that Doflamingo will be in his cross-hair.

Gladiator Lucy, Pirate Captain Bartolomeo, Gladiator Rebecca, 1st Fleet captain Jesus Burgess & "The Hero of the Colosseum" Diamante are ready for the final round of the tournament.

And to wrap it all up we get Sabo entering the arena carrying his trademark lead pipe. It's time to Haki-up!

qTMoSjO.png

Oh yeah and Sabo drew on Luffy's scar for extra authenticity :heh:

Edited by -Dem0-

Well it looks like Oro might be making his move soon, whatever it may be. Saying that, knowing Kishi we will have to wait several chapters and go through numerous flashbacks before it happens.

:D

@bryanee Manga or the anime?

J

I started with the 2011 anime and when I got through all of those I carried on with the Manga. The anime is so good.

No issue next week either. Going to be a long wait.

Argh its only just come back after the Chrimbo break. Pffft.