NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

This weeks Naruto was sooooooo much better than last weeks.

Man, the Kages fairly got a beating. It's just a shame it happened off panel.

:( So is Tsunade going to sacrifice herself to save the others? Looks that way.

At this point it looks like Sasuke is gonna have to come along and team up with Naruto to beat Madara. There's no way he can take him down by himself.

This weeks Naruto was sooooooo much better than last weeks.

Man, the Kages fairly got a beating. It's just a shame it happened off panel.

:( So is Tsunade going to sacrifice herself to save the others? Looks that way.

At this point it looks like Sasuke is gonna have to come along and team up with Naruto to beat Madara. There's no way he can take him down by himself.

As expected Madara rescued Obito, however it's a bit interesting how Nagato was meant to have a much bigger role in the plot.

Can't believe the Kage's are wiped out, well I can, but I can't believe we didn't see it. I'm not too fussed about most of them, but Gaara is one of my favourite characters. Proper pants if he snuffs it, again.

I've been saying it for a few weeks now, next weeks issue is going to be interesting!

Well I've bought the 2 current Evangelion movies, watched the first one last night and was quite entertained, I think Shinji felt more tolerable in the movie, he showed some likeable qualities during the sniper mission at the end, can't imagine having to endure it in the anime which would no doubt have drawn it out more.

I'm not sure I'm following you there, it almost seems like you're saying the anime must be slow/drawn out because it's spread over 26 episodes instead of being condensed down to 4 movies.

The new movies are great, they're punchy, flashy and it's nice to see Shinji come out of his shell. But the frustration that Shinji would never man up was very important to the original series. It made him the ultimate non-hero of the story. As great as it is to see new Evangelion (in stunning HD animation no less) I don't personally feel that it's capturing the dark, thoughtful atmosphere of the original series.

I'm not sure I'm following you there, it almost seems like you're saying the anime must be slow/drawn out because it's spread over 26 episodes instead of being condensed down to 4 movies.

The new movies are great, they're punchy, flashy and it's nice to see Shinji come out of his shell. But the frustration that Shinji would never man up was very important to the original series. It made him the ultimate non-hero of the story. As great as it is to see new Evangelion (in stunning HD animation no less) I don't personally feel that it's capturing the dark, thoughtful atmosphere of the original series.

That's a fair enough point, I just couldn't stand what I saw of the TV series (Which I'll admit was very little, I was less open minded about it then) so the movie series makes it easier to watch for me, which probably was the point of remaking it for movie release to appeal to a wider audience.

So Naruto 604

That's got to be a fairly obvious setup at the end, can't see Kakashi actually killing Rin. I'm guessing that's Zetsu's acting out a scene so that Obito seeks revenge.

Anyone watched Sword Art Online? It's pretty cool, basically an MMORPG in which the creator goes rogue and traps all the players in the game. Nice production values. Only an episode in but very good so far.

I found two pretty good One Piece AMV's.

This one Covers up to episode 522.

And this one goes up to episode 373.

I found two pretty good One Piece AMV's.

This one Covers up to episode 522.

First was was the best one, though both were pretty similar.

One Piece episode 566:

ibLp3pEfU9IkR.gif

"Franky Radical Beam!"

"L-laser beam?!"

ircMPrSmNREuG.gif

:laughing:

No one Sword Art Online watching? Hmm...

I just finished watching up to the break point, it's sweet.

No one Sword Art Online watching? Hmm...

I just finished watching up to the break point, it's sweet.

I just caught up yesterday because people were amazed by episode 14. Episode 14 is good and has kept me intrigued but leading up to that point the show was a bit of a mess, enjoyable (and beautifully animated) but not all that coherent story wise which made this episode lack an emotional kick behind it but I'm glad for this switch up in formula as they were sort of floundering a bit in the MMORPG. :) A good idea not fully realised to its full potential.

I accidentally saw what is coming next and I'm left a bit meh. :heh:

I read on Kotaku that it starts off amazingly but has a poor ending and was put off by that.

I read on Kotaku that it starts off amazingly but has a poor ending and was put off by that.

It's not over yet. :p

They also say over at Kotaku that it is one of the smartest anime they have seen in years so... :heh:

Judging from Coolness' signature he's watching Chuunibyou? I've only seen the first ONA but thought Rikka was cute as a button, reminds me of Yui from K-On! ;p

yes. :grin: Although I've managed to make it look more creepy than cute in my sig.

tumblr_mbcmwh3vO71qzd219o1_500.gif

I enjoyed the first episode more than I thought I would. :D

Are you guys watching the anime of Sword Art online or reading the manga? I'm reading the manga and am up to speed on everything so far. Awaiting chapter 11.

I'm just watching the anime. :) Only manga I truly read at the moment is One Piece.

Started a lot of new shows and I am currently marathoning Kuroko no basuke and HunterxHunter. :D

Why is Sword Art line getting such good reviews? I started reading yesterday, its OK but nothing special.

I'm not a big fan either, but I can see the appeal. Watched a few episodes on TV the past few weeks and it's just not my kind of thing to be honest, though I do like the .Hack feel to it.

Are you guys watching the anime of Sword Art online or reading the manga?

There's like... five posts on this page about it :heh:

There's like... five posts on this page about it :heh:

I know, I was half asleep at time of my posting and it didn't quite register, haha.

Why is Sword Art line getting such good reviews? I started reading yesterday, its OK but nothing special.

Probably because the anime is quite well done and the take on it is somewhat believable with characters being indiscriminately killed off.