NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

One Piece manga chapter 651 was great, I love Luffy!

I like how Naruto manga chapter 568 went too, cant wait to see more!

..Seems like no one has posted the news here yet so I figured I'd better...

db7bb_eureka-seven-ao.jpg

EUREKA SEVEN SEQUEL ANNOUNCED

HELL YEAAAH MOTHER FUCKER!

Haven't watched Eureka Seven? Well get the fuck out of this thread now and use any means possible to watch it.

What is Eureka Seven? Widely described as a more accessible Evangelion, it's pretty much a coming of age series following a boy named Renton from a small boring town who gets hooked up with his idols and his developments with a mysterious girl he likes named Eureka. Sounds shit? Hell no mother fucker, that's just the beginning and you should watch the rest to find out why this series is so good. Awesome plot, character development and a kick ass soundtrack. AND THERE'S FUCKING ROBOTS RIDING AIR SURF BOARDS, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Don't like Eureka Seven? Well what the fuck are you doing in this thread?

But seriously, it's pretty much my favourite anime series. It's just so immersive and it provoked a wider range of emotions than I ever expected from a TV series, so I'm absolutely hyped to see a sequel.

I'm thinking about getting a couple of seasons of Naruto Unleashed. I was wondering if any of you watch it and if its worth getting?

Naruto Unleashed is just the name of the Naruto DVDs in the UK, and you should know that if you get into it, there's over 500 episodes so it would be quite an investment if you were determined to watch it legitimately, by DVD. Also I'm not a fan of the English dub, although it has come along way, the earlier episodes have some mistakes, annoying inflections and some strange choices.

If you can get past, or around that though, it's still a brilliant series, one of my favourite animated series ever. I always said if you weren't hooked after the first five episodes, it's not for you.

Yes it's a run of the mill shonen (teenage/young adult male) anime in many ways, but it can really grab you and the characters are very likeable.

500 episodes eh? Nice. I'm going to ehem download a couple of episodes and then decide from there.

The prices for a complete season arent as high as I expected. I want some new to watch. Just got done with Avatar (I know its not anime/manga before some one says) and I want a new animated show to watch.

If you throw yourself into it, let us know because you need fore-warning about fillers :heh: Hope you enjoy it! Like I say, you can start with about 5 and if it doesn't click from there, it probably never will.

lol I hope I like it a little I just bought a 360 game based on it. Rise of a Ninja, I hear its quite good.

EDIT -

Nine minutes in episode 2 and I'm sold. I nearly choked on a Jaffa cake I laughed so much at two seperate moments.

SEXY JUTSU

Edited by bryanee

Naruto Unleashed is just the name of the Naruto DVDs in the UK, and you should know that if you get into it, there's over 500 episodes so it would be quite an investment if you were determined to watch it legitimately, by DVD. Also I'm not a fan of the English dub, although it has come along way, the earlier episodes have some mistakes, annoying inflections and some strange choices.

If you can get past, or around that though, it's still a brilliant series, one of my favourite animated series ever. I always said if you weren't hooked after the first five episodes, it's not for you.

Yes it's a run of the mill shonen (teenage/young adult male) anime in many ways, but it can really grab you and the characters are very likeable.

The Unleashed DVDs also have the Japanese voices with English subtitles *. I'm one of those sad buggers who's bought them all.

*You're probably aware of this, just making sure bryanee is.

Edited by Ramar

Yeah I own some of the DVDs too, but the subtitles are not great. They're just written based on the script, translated or transcribed by somebody who doesn't know the series.

Fansubs are my choice of viewing for good reasons. You get the original voices, you learn a bit of Japanese, and you get to read content written by people who enjoy and understand the material.

I actually started watching the show dubbed in America on Cartoon Network, so it's not that bad. It managed to get me hooked in 26 episodes anyway. It's only afterwards when I wanted more that I sought out the subs, and then realised the differences. The dub on TV was also badly cut, although that's not a problem in the DVD.

rise of ninja on the 360 is rather good :3

i'm a bit undecided as to where bleach is going at the moment... it feels a bit fillerish even though its canon material

Aye Rise of the Ninja was good, Broken Bonds I wasn't so fussed by but the Shippy game was great.

?

How is it that I've only just heard that they're having another bash at animating Berserk? And starting with 3 feature films to cover the first arc. That's going to be awesome, and it starts next month!

My two Naruto games came today along with Naruto seaosn 1. I've only played each game for about ten minutes and I dont intend to play them again until I've gone through the seasons those games cover which might take some time. Beautiful games though, best use of cel shading since Wind Waker.

Lets get started on season 1.

i thought that too... for animated/drawn style graphics they are damn realistic! and lovely and bright too :3

Thats season 1 of Naruto knocked out of the park and man did I love it. But damn if they didnt end the season on an odd one, a flashback episode? Really? Didnt feel like the end of a season atall.

Glad I have seasons 2 to 5 on the way.

Thats season 1 of Naruto knocked out of the park and man did I love it. But damn if they didnt end the season on an odd one, a flashback episode? Really? Didnt feel like the end of a season atall.

Glad I have seasons 2 to 5 on the way.

The whole seasons thing is more of an American thing (if I'm not mistaken) don't get hooked up on them, especially expecting cliff hangers or anything like that.

just got back into the anime/manga seen 4 months, finally got around to watching One Piece again... It's absolutely brilliant! I already knew it was good as I originally watched the dub when it first came out in the UK 04/05, compared to other shows it was great, but they cancelled it after luffy defeated croc, after watching it again I can honestly say 4kids wrecked the show when compared to the subbed; washed down, cut down, significantly toned down, coloured down, :woops:

right now im up to the same spot just stopped where luffy beat croc. comparing I would say 4kids dub = 2/10 english sub = 10/10

just got back into the anime/manga seen 4 months, finally got around to watching One Piece again... It's absolutely brilliant! I already knew it was good as I originally watched the dub when it first came out in the UK 04/05, compared to other shows it was great, but they cancelled it after luffy defeated croc, after watching it again I can honestly say 4kids wrecked the show when compared to the subbed; washed down, cut down, significantly toned down, coloured down, :woops:

right now im up to the same spot just stopped where luffy beat croc. comparing I would say 4kids dub = 2/10 english sub = 10/10

I am envious of you as it is about to get so much sweeter. :grin:

Marathoning Steins;Gate. Started earlier today and currently on episode 15.

It's a solid watch until episode 12, then things shift up a gear. It's all very stylish so far. I'm glad it is living up to hype! :D

I am becoming annoyed, not with Naruto but with the fact that season 2 is yet to arrive but season 3, 4 and 5 are on my shelf waiting to be watched, arrrrgh. Just bought season 6 which I understand from reviews has the final part of actual Naruto story and seasons 7 to 9 are filler. I'm still going to buy them though.

Season 1 of Shippuden is a bargain aswell.

I've also got to star getting the Dragonball Z Kai Blurays, remastered video, all filler episodes cut, re-edited, re-dubbed with the original cast plus news cast. Have to wait though. But they'll go nice with my complete DVD collection.

Edited by bryanee

Don't. Don't pay for Seasons 7, 8 and 9. Wait and maybe one day you'll find them in a bargain bin for a few pence. And even that would be overpaying. You can just download episode 220.

The decline of ratings in those 80+ episodes caused Cartoon Network to drop the series forever.

I would not pay for that.