NEurope
Ten10

Google+

I'm on there now to see what all the fuss is about.

Link that may or may not work

So let me get this straight, it's basically exactly the same as Facebook with a few extra bells and whistles, the main one of which is the whole circles thing? So you just post a status update, but pick which circles it shares it with? Is the same true for photo albums etc?

If it's what I think it is, it seems pretty good. Although I'm not sure I want to move over though. Depends if all my friends do too.

Edited by Goafer

Yeah it is.

And who cares about your friends.

We're all you need.

My N-E circle is the only circle with anyone in it.

It does contain Jordan, but I didn't fancy making an "Ex N-E" circle.

My N-E circle is the only circle with anyone in it.

It does contain Jordan, but I didn't fancy making an "Ex N-E" circle.

I have a "Following" circle with Felicia Day in it.

One request I've made to Google is to exclude circles from the main screen (but still visible if you click on the relevant circle).

So far I've found Google+ to be awesome for networking.

I have a Circle of around 50 people who are either students working towards the gaming industry or are in it.

It's kind of piggy-backing off another forum I frequent, but is still awesome.

I had a senior artist at Epic Games add me the other day - this is the reason why Google+ is better than Facebook.

I think it was scheduled then they just opened it up anyway.

Perhaps in the UK then, I still get “limited field trial†message.

Plus has got game yo!

google-plus-games.jpg

It may not have been the best kept secret around, but Google's now made what's surely the biggest addition to Google+ in its short lifespan: games. Unlike a certain other social network, Google says games in Google+ are "there when you want them and gone when you don't," meaning that they won't flood your main stream if you never play them -- you have to click the games icon at the top of the page to play and see updates from your circles. According to Google, the service is rolling out "gradually" starting today, but should be available to all Google+ users "soon."

Come on... I bet there is some shit in their terms allowing them to choose whether or not they send your messages without telling you. Why can't people compete openly these days, always trying to screw someone over. Like Apple/Microsoft trying to destroy android with patents.

They might have been hoping no one would notice before they copied some features?

Facebook censoring Google+ invites?

Facebook is the scourge of society.

(Not that I've found a use for Google+ yet.)

Seems fair enough to me. Why would you expect Facebook to let people advertise a competitor on their site? That would be beyond stupid.

Yeah it's fine.

They should also be allowed to ban any posts and groups that criticise Facebook as well.

AND THEN TURN INTO CHINA!

Sheesh McPhee...

The last time you said something like that CHINA happened.

CHINA!

Maybe they'll let the government pay them to censor certain posts too.

Well, they are in a way entitled to block advertising competitor sites upon there own. But then, they let Twitter users link to their own and share updates.