NEurope
Ten10

Google+

Really?

I dunno whether it's just the people I've added but I've already gotten so much more value from it.

Bare in mind I don't have Facebook (the "real" social stuff doesn't interest me - I don't care if you're waiting for a bus in the rain).

Personally, I find that I'm much more confident about posting on Google+ than on Facebook.

I use + but not as often as Facebook. Only post the stuff thats worth posting on Google+

Apologies to anyone I am missing from here on G+. I have had a few random people add me, so confused as to who is who... If you want an add back, let me know with a link r share.

Limited field trial is over. Doors are now open to all. Doubt this will change much though.

Limited field trial is over. Doors are now open to all. Doubt this will change much though.

Probably won't, but we can only hope for a change. More facebookers crossing over.

I think Facebook has most of Google+'s features now. Maybe they will allow you to talk about Google+ in your posts now?

Coincidentally, Facebook have just activated the Google+ style on their site.

When was this. Facebook don't want you to mention Google+, but are quite willing to "aquire" the features and style on-site.

New facebook is weird, I just joined Google+ and have added like 3 people!

I am offended I am not one of those people.

It's just nice to have friends. :)

Ooh, they added much better searching features now. And the sparks words are searched in posts and people too. It's nice to see Google using it's searching expertise for once.

Ah cool, maybe I can get more of my mates/family to move away from Facebook now, I much prefer the "circles" thing of G+ for making posts.

I assume it still requires a gmail though?

I think Facebook has most of Google+'s features now. Maybe they will allow you to talk about Google+ in your posts now?

In what way does FB block you talking about G+?

I mentioned it in a twitter post with a link to my G+ account (though I only said G+ and not Google+) and it downloaded fine to my FB profile

I think it prevents you from posting links to google+ without letting you know they blocked it, or something. You'd think people just had no interest in discussing it but they never received it :o I forget though, not a big facebook user.

I assume it still requires a gmail though?

It just requires a google account which can be made with any address. My mum users an address with her own domain and I know a few people using hotmail and live mail addresses.

In what way does FB block you talking about G+?

It has been seen that people who posted invitations to google+ in the past can see the message in their own stream but it wouldn't appear for their friends.

It has been seen that people who posted invitations to google+ in the past can see the message in their own stream but it wouldn't appear for their friends.

Ah that could be it I guess. Though I just tried the "view as" feature to look at my profile how my sister would see it and my G+ post is still there, though I guess FB could just be trying to trick me, haha

Just tried the Hangout for the first time.

HOLY SHIT.

Did not fully realise how amazing this is.

My personal guestimate is two years.

I'm also pleased to announce that there are over 90M Google+ users -- well over double what I announced just a quarter ago on our earnings call. Engagement on + is also growing tremendously. I have some amazing data to share there for the first time: +users are very engaged with our products -- over 60% of them engage daily, and over 80% weekly.

Source: https://plus.google.com/106189723444098348646/posts

Looks like Google might get their faster than I predicted.

I'm a little late to the party but I've just got myself a Google+ account and already I'm loving it! Unfortunately, for some reason, not a lot of people use it, which is a shame, I don't know if you guys do but add me.

I don't necessarily know how to add people but my e-mail is [email protected] if that helps...

I use it. Get some good news from it, especially from the communities.

Yeah, it's such a cool site. Much better than Facebook, I'm surprised not many people use it though!