NEurope
jayseven

999 (not the tv show)

Lol.

Dialled 999 today just for shits and giggles because there was this telegraph pole at the back of a bong shop that was ablaze. Embers were catching at several rooftops. Smoke turned the road into a glass of guiness.

I was actually put on hold for a minute when trying to dial it in. When they eventually turned up they didn't actually start spraying for another 10 minutes. I guess once they realised nobody was directly in trouble they could just take their time.

The only other time I ever dialed 999 was when, in the sheffield flat me and shorty lived in, I saw a gang of guys stepping-up to the store owner of costcutters opposite. Store owner did our area proud and threw some karate kicks like a boss, but the coppers turned up before things got ugly.

Anyone else ever dial the emergent servicles?

I did a few months back, was walking home one night after a party and saw the police at a local car dealers. Thought nothing of it but thought I'd have a nose about as I was (just a little) intoxicated and interested. Tried to enquire, they politely turned me away and I went on my merry way. As I got on to my road, an extortionately drunk woman in her mid-20s starts running towards me, crying and screaming for help. I approach her and ask if she's OK, and she stumbles over her words to tell me that she's being followed by a couple of guys and to help. She was clearly drunk and disorientated but she sounded genuinely worried, so I took her a few houses down and we hid behind a small wall whilst I called the police for her.

The police turned up 5 or 10 minutes later, and it just so happened to be the policemen I bumped in to earlier that night. They asked "Weren't you the guy from earlier?" and I felt a little pang of danger in case they thought I was some sort of petty crime boss running around Aldershot (one of many no doubt :heh:). But they took my details and again sent me on my way. I think the worst thing was hiding behind this wall, keeping a look out for these two guys not knowing what they might do if they found us. It was a bizarre experience for sure, one I probably won't forget. I think there was more to it than she was letting on but the police never contacted me so I never did find out if she was telling the truth or indeed what happened.

I've only ever had 999 called for me, when I had my allergy thing last year at uni.

I once accidentally called 999. Basically I was on a long journey home on the train late one Saturday, I'd been working the night before so I had very little sleep in the morning, quite drunk and I accidentally locked my phone. My friend thought it would be clever to tell me the "emergency" was what you called to unlock the phone, in my state I believed him and almost shit myself when the emergency services bloke answered.

I did once when my coworker broke her wrist crossing the road coming back after her break.

Took about 5ish minutes of asking questions before they sent the ambulance over. Rang over the main store to tell them one of our own had to go to hospital because of a massive cut along her wrist and we'd need someone to cover her shift, got a "We'll see what we can do" and hung up. Didn't send no first-aider around or anything.

Fucking idiots...

I've only once called them, and that was with a fight breaking out near the pub. Didn't take the police long to arrive, and they did arrive in 2 vans and a squad car. Just to break 2 people up, dear oh dear.

I did a few times, one when I was around 10, I got offered a 'lift' by a stranger outside my own house, I ran in and told my mum to call the police.. Bitch got away though...

Another was a few months ago I whitness a old guy get knocked down by some douchebag so i straight away got my mobile out and called the police and ambulance.

I've dialled for the fire brigade when my car caught fire,

unfortunately for the me, the majority of the time an emergency service and myself have been involved is when I've had an accident. (Broken Arm, Broken Collar Bone, Cracked Ribs, Torn cruciate ligaments, Knocked myself out in a warehouse when getting off a forklift truck) So I've never called for an Ambulance myself.

there was this telegraph pole at the back of a bong shop that was ablaze. Embers were catching at several rooftops. Smoke turned the road into a glass of guiness.

If you read this literally it could be an extract from a surrealist stream of consciousness.

Only called the rozzers and an ambulance once many years back when I came across a two junkies, one of whom had overdosed, in my local nature park. I got to put into practice some first aid training, which was a bonus.