NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Spain, Italy and Croatia in Group C with Ireland.

Spain will likely destory us but if we play well we can beat the other two and come 2nd.... hopefully

Fair play mate!

Was a bit of a cock up really. I bought the tickets and thought I'd get tonight off work. However work changed the holiday policy to only three people off per shift which buggered me up. So for the second time in a few weeks I'm going to an away game with no sleep (however I'm guaranteed to sleep on the coach).

Second in the league, get in there!

Unbelievable that we only won 3-0. Could have easily been 7/8-0 if Jaskeleinen didn't put in a MOTM performance.

Great draw for England.

Group B is unbelievably tasty.

England get a good draw? There's a surprise. :heh:

Won £16.72 on an accumulator today. Not a massive win, but a wins a win. :p

That was probably the most enjoyable Match of the Day ever. Hearing Hansen barking on about how good we are at the moment is ever so satisfying.

If we can navigate a tricky away trip to Stoke, and come away with a draw at the least, I'm confident we can go through to the the New Year unbeaten. I fancy us to get a result at Sunderland (H), Chelsea (H), Swansea (A), Norwich (A).

That was probably the most enjoyable Match of the Day ever. Hearing Hansen barking on about how good we are at the moment is ever so satisfying.

If we can navigate a tricky away trip to Stoke, and come away with a draw at the least, I'm confident we can go through to the the New Year unbeaten. I fancy us to get a result at Sunderland (H), Chelsea (H), Swansea (A), Norwich (A).

Streamed the match, couldn't believe how many chances there were. I swear if our strikers were a bit more consistent we'd be winning games with 6,7 goals. The moment where Bale made yet another cross and both Adebayor and Defoe slid and missed it seemed to sum it up. Klasnic was so good, almost as good as Tim Kruel looked in the Newcastle match / in general this season.

The league is so so good this year, especially as all of the top six seem to be on form now. Mata looked great in the Chelsea game. Thinking City will stroll the title (speaking of which I completely loved Balotelli's shouldered goal. Love it). Glad Lineker's got rid of his movember effort.

/motd thoughts

Streamed the match, couldn't believe how many chances there were. I swear if our strikers were a bit more consistent we'd be winning games with 6,7 goals. The moment where Bale made yet another cross and both Adebayor and Defoe slid and missed it seemed to sum it up. Klasnic was so good, almost as good as Tim Kruel looked in the Newcastle match / in general this season.

/motd thoughts

I know, it's insane. The second game this season we've ended with 70% possession across the whole match! Modders was another level again today - does he ever lose the ball? Bale, once again unplayable. It's a true joy to watch us at the moment. Love it.

You know, being Portuguese, you would expect me to be bothered by the Dutch or the Germans, but...

Denmark? Again? Why do we keep getting saddled with Denmark? And most importantly, how come we can never beat them properly? :(

MoTD is brilliant. 33 passes in Gervinho's goal, they show 3. Top analysis lads, keep it up.

Dan: klasnic? You mean jussi :) He was amazing, but. String partners effort try were all poor shots. I love adebayor, but he misses so many and had a shocker yesterday. We played some amazing football and it's Certainly looking promising.

Shame the scum, blue scum and man u were all away and none of them dropped points!!

I guess there's no mention of how the ref swung the game in Spurs favour by sending of Cahill for a foul 5 yards from the half way line.

Swung the game in our favour? Are you on the wind up? We were one nil up and absolute dominating the game, the sending off didn't do anything, except maybe make Bolton even more defensive and make us dropp off and walk through the game. The score would have been the same if not worse for Bolton if it was 11v11.

I wish he didn't get sent off, made the game dull to watch to be honest.

I guess you're just bitter we're 5 points ahead with a game in hand, and even though you're on an amazing run, best for years, ur sun is even better!

Swung the game in our favour? Are you on the wind up? We were one nil up and absolute dominating the game, the sending off didn't do anything, except maybe make Bolton even more defensive and make us dropp off and walk through the game. The score would have been the same if not worse for Bolton if it was 11v11.

I wish he didn't get sent off, made the game dull to watch to be honest.

I guess you're just bitter we're 5 points ahead with a game in hand, and even though you're on an amazing run, best for years, ur sun is even better!

It was never a red card. Bolton then had to play 70 minutes with a man less, when they shouldn't. Whilst trying to get something from a game they were already losing. The ref handed you a golden opportunity yesterday to get all 3 points.

Who's to say how well Bolton would have played with 11 men, could have been the same result, could have been worse. But the ref swung the game in your favour with the wrong decision.

And lets not pipe on about how you're finally having one good year.

IMG_0036.jpg

MoTD is brilliant. 33 passes in Gervinho's goal, they show 3. Top analysis lads, keep it up.

Oh no, MoTD doesn't decide to waste time by showing loads and loads of passing to people who don't care about Arsenal taking forever to do something. :weep:

Just thought I'd share some amazing stats I just discovered about Ledley King.

Last 17 games he's played, we've won 15 and drawn 2. Number of games since he was last booked? 39. Number of career yellows? 9. Terry's number of career yellows for comparison: 85. Hero.

And one of those draws was Newcastle this season and he went off injured when we we 1-0 up.

It was never a red card. Bolton then had to play 70 minutes with a man less, when they shouldn't. Whilst trying to get something from a game they were already losing. The ref handed you a golden opportunity yesterday to get all 3 points.

Who's to say how well Bolton would have played with 11 men, could have been the same result, could have been worse. But the ref swung the game in your favour with the wrong decision.

And lets not pipe on about how you're finally having one good year.

IMG_0036.jpg

I can't believe how desperate you are. If you think spurs wouldn't have gotten a result yesterday if it wasn't a sending off, fine. If you think teams don't get decisions for and against (trust me I can list more decisions against us then you can. Mendes?) then whatever. Your desperately grasping at straws, when the fact is, spurs are far far superior to arsenal, and the inevitable injury to van persie will see you struggling again.

And I love stupid arguments about history, we'd won many cups in that time by the way. Shall we look at the immediate history as that's more relevant. When was the last time you won anythinng? Or even more recent - how's the league looking?

And one of those draws was Newcastle this season and he went off injured when we we 1-0 up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/spurs-title-ambitions-are-fit-for-a-king-6271409.html?

Great read this Dazzy.

I don't know if you listen to The Fighting Cock Spurs Podcast (you should if you don't) but they raised an interesting question: who, if any, of our players now would get in an all-time Spurs 11? I would suggest Ledley, and then maybe Bale.

I can't believe how desperate you are. If you think spurs wouldn't have gotten a result yesterday if it wasn't a sending off, fine. If you think teams don't get decisions for and against (trust me I can list more decisions against us then you can. Mendes?) then whatever. Your desperately grasping at straws, when the fact is, spurs are far far superior to arsenal, and the inevitable injury to van persie will see you struggling again.

And I love stupid arguments about history, we'd won many cups in that time by the way. Shall we look at the immediate history as that's more relevant. When was the last time you won anythinng? Or even more recent - how's the league looking?

What European competition are you struggling to qualify from again?

When a player is wrongly sent off, the game has been swung in favour of the team with the extra man. [Especially when the team with 11 men are already winning] True or false?

It is not a fact that Spurs are ' far, far superior to Arsenal.' Just needed to point this out.

Definitely not. We are superior though.

Edited by spirited away

Leeds for us in the 3rd round of the cup for the second year in a row. I really wanted an away game, somewhere we've not played in a while.