NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Is Warrior linked to FSG in any way?

Nope. We're not pulling a Man City. :p

It makes a change and some of the United players as people are dirt.

Mate from some of the stories my Dad tells me having come into contact with city players on a weekly basis they aren't much better.

What a crock of shite. United didn't even have one opportunity. Strike force severely lacking.

City themselves only had two chances.

Anticlimax.

Nope. We're not pulling a Man City. :p

Heh, just checking.

If England don't get to the Quarter Finals, which is 2nd round of the tournament, under any manager then you need to be taking a serious look at the players and staff.

Well why do you think I've said it :p

Watched the big match tonight, and although I hadn't expected Man City to win, I had expected there to be very few goals. Find it a bit strange that everyone seems to think we'll give Man City a very difficult game...we did just collapse 4-0 against Wigan :heh:

Terrible. Dreadful. I'm so angry at so many things.

We made so many mistakes before we even kicked a ball, and some even worse ones during the game.

First off, Park? Why? He's hardly touched a ball this season.

Secondly, why change Evans for Smalling and disrupt the centreback partnership again? Yes, the result and performance against Everton was bad, but the defending as a team was poor. Rafael was more to blame than Evans for any of the goals we conceded.

4-5-1? Ok, I can understand this to some extent, but we have played 4-4-fucking-two for most of the season. Why disrupt our own game? We have played better in attack than defence, so why go 4-5-1 and put so much pressure on the midfield, which consists of Park (who has hardly played), and the slow Giggs and Scholes?

Finally, this is unfor-fucking-givable. Unforgivable. No Valencia. Terrible decision and it backfired on us terribly. He is one of our in-form players and is one of the reasons why we have looked good going forward. Taking him off was a poor decision and it allowed the City attack to have a go down that flank, knowing they were up against the likes of Nani and Giggs, rather than Valencia who will put in some solid tackles. Worst decision of the lot.

Even worse is the attitude of the players. We created nothing. We gave the ball away and even did this from throw-ins. I can't think of a single good cross we put in tonight. There were no runs from midfield and nobody was having a go, even at 1-0 down.

What's more, we left it far, far too late to bring Valencia on, and we sacrificed the wrong player in doing so. Why take off Scholes and push Giggs to the middle. Giggs is one of my favourite United players of all time, he was my hero as a kid (one of them), but he cannot play effectively in the centre, at least not as well as Scholes. So, why push him there? It left us far too open and City had many more attacks after we did this.

Just...so angry at our tactics, the performance and the total lack of desire from our players. Not only is it a derby game, this match has probably decided where the title is going. I said before the game that if the players weren't up for this, then they'll never be up for anything, and sadly this has been shown today. So many of them need to take a look at themselves and think about what it means to be in this team. There were no leaders on the pitch and nobody was dictating the play in our team (closest was probably Scholes). Going one-nil down, somebody needs to be there rallying the players and getting them together, but nobody bothered.

Have to give credit to City (hate saying this), but they were mentally and physically better than us. All of them without exception. 1-0 is a very kind scoreline and we should have conceded many more.

@Fierce_LiNk I agree with everything you said in your post but the one thing is I was under the impression Evans was injured and that is why he wasn't in the team.

Couldn't believe it myself when I saw that Valencia was on the bench.

@Fierce_LiNk I agree with everything you said in your post but the one thing is I was under the impression Evans was injured and that is why he wasn't in the team.

Couldn't believe it myself when I saw that Valencia was on the bench.

If that's the case, then I can let that one slide. I've not heard anything about the injury though and he seemed fine after the Everton game.

Even still, that's only one on a very long list. Playing Giggs and Scholes in the same midfield is asking for trouble. I've said this for so long. You either play one or the other. Playing both = no pace. Especially as Carrick isn't that pacey either. Yaya Toure just waltzed through the game.

If that's the case, then I can let that one slide. I've not heard anything about the injury though and he seemed fine after the Everton game.

Even still, that's only one on a very long list. Playing Giggs and Scholes in the same midfield is asking for trouble. I've said this for so long. You either play one or the other. Playing both = no pace. Especially as Carrick isn't that pacey either. Yaya Toure just waltzed through the game.

I think a commentator made a comment at the start of the match, something to do with the decision being out of fergies hand, I assumed they were referencing an injury.

But yeah as I said I completely agree with everything else you just said. Some better players and Vidic there, we would have been a million times better.

I agree with the pace being the main issue. Personally I would've fielded Young, Carrick, Cleverley and Valencia. You're giving Rooney too much to do against a back four as solid as theirs.

We need another Tevez or a striker of his ilk to partner Rooney next season, and perhaps a strong and pacey centre mid.

Zero creativity or hunger today.

I think a commentator made a comment at the start of the match, something to do with the decision being out of fergies hand, I assumed they were referencing an injury.

But yeah as I said I completely agree with everything else you just said. Some better players and Vidic there, we would have been a million times better.

Could be, then. It's more the midfield I have issue with and that is where we lost the game tonight. You cannot drop in-form players like Valencia. You wouldn't bench Rooney in such a game, so why would you bench one of the players who has done so much this season. It was such a poor decision.

Vidic there might have made a difference, but every team has injuries and it's not an excuse for me. You have to make do with what you got and there are more than enough talented players out there who have just thrown the title away. We haven't just done it in this game, but for so many this season, and two recent games in particular: Wigan away and Everton at home. This was just the icing on the cake.

I don't think I can remember a time when we put in such a poor team selection and performance in such a big game. We were so lazy on the ball and made so many mistakes. Too many stray passes, not picking up runners, not moving the ball quickly enough, not finding the right gaps and spaces.

I agree with the pace being the main issue. Personally I would've fielded Young, Carrick, Cleverley and Valencia. You're giving Rooney too much to do against a back four as solid as theirs.

We need another Tevez or a striker of his ilk to partner Rooney next season, and perhaps a strong and pacey centre mid.

Zero creativity or hunger today.

I would've started with Nani still, but put him on the opposite side with Valencia on the right. That's all we would have needed to do. Keep Scholes in midfield, and maybe bring Cleverley on in the second half.

Welbeck has been pretty great and he shouldn't have been benched either. He's got power and makes things happen. Yes, he misses some chances, but he also creates, too. Everton at home showed this. The midfield behind the strikers were at fault for the lack of chances created because they didn't win the ball.

Awful. Absolutely gutted.

I can understand the set up and why he went for that. Park man marking Yaya looked like it should work and we were defending quite well, deep at times and parking the bus but doing ok. The issue was when we won the ball we had nothing. Rooney isolated up top on his own. We needed Valencia to be on the wing for the breaks. Was awful to watch United play in such a way. In hindsight Fergie got it wrong. But then he could have gone 4-4-2 and we would have been bossed in midfield. Who knows.

Just seemed Citeh were more up for it. Horrible.

Flinky, Evans got a knock during Everton game, couldn't shake it. Didn't even train on Saturday with rest of the team. Never thought I would see the day that we missed Super Jonny! Glad he left Rafael out as I'm sure he would have done the usual and got sent off.

Terrible performance. Turn of the year when we were 8 points behind City I would have taken the fact we were level on points right now but to create the 16 point swing and go 8 points clear then throw it away is atrocious.

Awful. Absolutely gutted.

I can understand the set up and why he went for that. Park man marking Yaya looked like it should work and we were defending quite well, deep at times and parking the bus but doing ok. The issue was when we won the ball we had nothing. Rooney isolated up top on his own. We needed Valencia to be on the wing for the breaks. Was awful to watch United play in such a way. In hindsight Fergie got it wrong. But then he could have gone 4-4-2 and we would have been bossed in midfield. Who knows.

Just seemed Citeh were more up for it. Horrible.

Flinky, Evans got a knock during Everton game, couldn't shake it. Didn't even train on Saturday with rest of the team. Never thought I would see the day that we missed Super Jonny! Glad he left Rafael out as I'm sure he would have done the usual and got sent off.

Terrible performance. Turn of the year when we were points behind City I would have taken the fact we were level on points right now but to create the 16 point swing and go 8 points clear then throw it away is atrocious.

If we're going to play 4-5-1, you need control in midfield. but, you also need pace when you break out in order to start counter-attacks. Valencia really needed to be playing instead of Giggs/Park. Playing Park was a gamble that didn't pay off. At least 4-4-2 would have given us more of an outlet up top, instead of Rooney who was isolated. He had no support for the majority of the match.

Looking at the bench, why have three strikers on there? This really emphasises how weak the central midfield is. There's no way in hell we would have brought on all three, especially as Berbatov hasn't been playing. So, it was between Hernandez and Welbeck. Just little things like this.

Didn't know about the Jonny Evans thing, so will hold my hands up for that. But, why wasn't Ferdinand marking Kompany instead of Smalling? He's the leader, he should've been taking charge of that one.

I know it won't happen, but I'd be very tempted to drop the entire first 11 after a performance like that. But, we won't do that, and these will get away with it again. At times this season, we have played absolutely crap. We played a central defender at right back because we haven't sorted out this position for so long. We had to bring our midfielder out of retirement to even get into this position. Just...the whole thing needs a fucking look at.

There are no positives from tonight. They should be ashamed after the performances lately and letting this one slip.

Our commercial revenue has shot up since FSG took over. We also got that 25mil a year Warrior deal, which is only bettered by Barca in the world.

We're in good hands. :)

Not managerially :)

The Fucking Ref need to go to specsavers because city handballed it 4 times and our goalkeeper he is shit why would you have a goalkeeper who can't see propley it saddens me to say this but well done city and I think the refs this season are rubbish oh we'll there is always net year

The Fucking Ref need to go to specsavers because city handballed it 4 times and our goalkeeper he is shit why would you have a goalkeeper who can't see propley it saddens me to say this but well done city and I think the refs this season are rubbish oh we'll there is always net year

No they didn't. The only one I remember was Scholes.

Your defence was to blame for the goal, not De Gea.

Well... what an eventful night that was.

Watching the game at the pub, it's City's corner my mate says, Save my spot, I'm going to the loo before the half time bog queue becomes to long, I say to him "you'll miss the corner!" his response "It's okay, City have done fuck all from corners...!"

Goal.

I blame him for the goal, he jinxed it. And to make it worse he's a Liverpool fan, so he wasn't exactly upset that City scored.

Fuck me Nasri should of got a 2nd for City, I was bricking it, the ball just stuck to his feet.

Complete shambles of a night really, I know a draw would of been enough, so can see why Fergie opted for the formation. Rooney upfront alone is a safe bet because he will come back to defend.

And I can also see why Park was selected, despite maybe only getting 15/20 or so appearances a season, the games that he does start are big matches. Despite what people say about him he is a safer bet in games with high stakes because he's a sensible footballer. He's committed to every loose ball, he's committed to the man he's assigned to follow. He's normally assigned to the oppositions most dangerous player purely because he just doesn't run out of batteries and can frustrate the best of players at all times.

Agreed about Valencia though, He should of been a guaranteed starter. Purely because as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, he's a workhorse too, while he can cross in some brilliant balls, he can also track back and put in some safe challange's and will chase back to win back possession.

I have to say though, Nani last night played with the right mentality. He was dropping back, he was keeping possession.

Time to start cheering for Newcastle on the weekend. Just hold them to a draw, or Let's hope United smash 8 past Swansea.

Finally, this is unfor-fucking-givable. Unforgivable. No Valencia.

Yep, my fault again. Just put Valencia into my fantasy team and made him VC.

Is there anyone who you would like me to jinx for next week? I do requests?

Nothing will ever match this title decider though. Also, being one of the first League matches broadcast live, it's one of the reasons that the Sky TV/Premiership exists today.

Remember watching it at my uncle's house.

Spurs v Bolton tonight. Really need to capitalise on the advantage Newcastle were kind enough to hand us at the weekend.

Spurs v Bolton tonight. Really need to capitalise on the advantage Newcastle were kind enough to hand us at the weekend.

Could be a good game that, both sides need a win. But isn't the match tomorrow?

Hope Bolton get some points, would like to see them survive.

FA are going to hold a conference at 16:00 todaym looks like Roy is going to be our new England manager.

Can't blame the ref for last night, city were better than us, end of. Maybe there was one handball but I also don't think Kompany should have got booked.

And De Gea as wearing contact lenses so he can see... more to the point he wasn't at fault for the goal - there was nothing he could do.

as a Spurs fan, that's great news :D

Muamba plans to attend Wednesday's game, apparently.

sauce