NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I find myself approving Hodgson's appointment. Think he could do really well.

England will get to at least the Quarter Finals under him, you heard it here first.

Think he can be a good appointment. Don't like all the Greenwood and Clough comparisons. Redknapp isn't any where near Greenwood let alone Clough.

Arsenal have confirmed the signing of Lukas Podolski.

Found an early replacement for RVP then.

He'll play along side him, not instead of him.

I find myself approving Hodgson's appointment. Think he could do really well.

England will get to at least the Quarter Finals under him, you heard it here first.

If England don't get to the Quarter Finals, which is 2nd round of the tournament, under any manager then you need to be taking a serious look at the players and staff.

I'm going to save this quote for when you're talking about England during the Euros. You'll (and every other English person who says the same) either be bashing them or loving them at some point. ;)

Looking forward to Manchester derby tonight. I can see City slipping up and perhaps losing composure. United are far more experienced in matches like this and I can see them taking something from it.

I haven't gave a shit about England for years. :p

I think Hodgson will do well. He's got plenty of experience as an international manager and at least the FA have learned that big name coaches generally don't work in the fish tank that is the English Job. Not to mention Hodgson seems to be a coach that players love to play for, even a team full of prima donnas like England should welcome that.

Edited by Jon

As I said, if he does become manager, then I'll back him to do the job. It's almost certain now. I just hope for his sake that the media don't turn on him too quickly, as he's quite a nice guy.

So fucking nervous. Just got home from work, showered, and am about to watch this. If City do win this and then go on to win the league, there could be massive repercussions afterwards. I'm hoping we go there and put in a strong performance, whatever happens. If the players aren't up for it tonight, then they never will be. Hope we destroy them.

I hope City destroy old purple whiskey nose, shrek and company. It'd be great to see United trophyless. Even better if the same then happens to (bus parking)Chelsea and miss out on Champions League spot.

I hope City destroy old purple whiskey nose, shrek and company. It'd be great to see United trophyless. Even better if the same then happens to (bus parking)Chelsea and miss out on Champions League spot.

Care to explain how Moneybags FC winning the league is good for anyone?

Care to explain how Moneybags FC winning the league is good for anyone?

It makes a change and some of the United players as people are dirt.

It makes a change and some of the United players as people are dirt.

And Man City are made up of classy fellas who joined a nothing club because some sheikh felt like spunking his oil money about.

Who do you support again?

And Man City are made up of classy fellas who joined a nothing club because some sheikh felt like spunking his oil money about.

It's happened before. Who owns Chelsea again?

It's happened before. Who owns Chelsea again?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

And I enjoy the fact you've ignored the support question for the 51st time.

How much have United spent over the years? Hundreds of millions. How much have a team, like say, Everton spent in that same time? It's all relative.

I don't think it really matters what team he supports (he might not even support one).

He does seem to have some built up aggression toward certain teams though.

How much have United spent over the years? Hundreds of millions. How much have a team, like say, Everton spent in that same time? It's all relative.

If I'm not mistaken Man Utd's fortunes for the most part came from their ability to use the Sky money most effectively. After a few titles they then took the lead in the world of marketing. You just have to look at the DHL deal to see how far ahead of everyone they are in terms of commercial revenue. Which in that case is fair game, they've earned that money.

It's one of the reasons Arsenal can't match the contracts Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea offer because our commercial revenue is awful. Our deals with Nike and Emirates are dated and frankly embarrassing. But we're stuck on them for another year or two I believe.

Our commercial revenue has shot up since FSG took over. We also got that 25mil a year Warrior deal, which is only bettered by Barca in the world.

We're in good hands. :)

Our commercial revenue has shot up since FSG took over. We also got that 25mil a year Warrior deal, which is only bettered by Barca in the world.

We're in good hands. :)

Is Warrior linked to FSG in any way?

We also got that 25mil a year Warrior deal..

..and I'm sure you're as intrigued as me to see what the kits are like when they are revealed next month. Some of the rumoured suggestions from people 'in the know' aren't that encouraging :heh:

Anyway, I remember saying to a guy in at work a few weeks ago that Man United had the title sewn up and there was no way back for City.. but I may have to eat my words :eek:

Ugh, No complaints from me. Well done on the win City.

Were the better team in this match. Can't really see City losing the title now.

Well the result is a fair reflection of the match, City bossed it for large periods, Nasri fluffing it when he had a chance to make it 2-0 late on.

Mind you next Sunday will be crucial, Swansea could surprise United at Old Trafford like Everton did and Newcastle have Champions league qualification to worry about so City will certainly have a bit of a tough time of it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem