NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Looks to me like he congratulated Wigan on their performance.

Source

Credit for their defending.

Source

Check mate?

Haha. First time for everything :) Didn't he have a paddy no shaking hands again?!

We have our first confirmed Football League promotion. Reading have been promoted to the Premier League. They scored a later winner against Nottingham Forest.

My prediction for tonight.

Cesc to score first.

Plastic flags 0-3 Barca

My prediction for tonight.

Cesc to score first.

Plastic flags 0-3 Barca

I reckon well score.

Haha love watching Liverpool fans having to eat their words.

Great result for Chelsea. So exciting at the end for the neutral!

What a sickening match that was. The only stat that Chelsea won was the goal scored but they got their ass kicked. Barca should've been 3 goals up by half-time and the goal was a sucker punch, their only shot on target the whole game. Chelsea came out and then sat back for the second half. They played a brand of puke football and had Barca been more clinical they would've won easily. Hitting the post in the last minute just summed up their night. Barca for me were the real winners and Chelsea can go fuck themselves with their tantrum throwing players and Drogba was again a disgrace rolling around all night bar the goal.

You know you will get destroyed in the 2nd leg. It's Barca-Arsenal all over again.

Oh, and if I hear that fucking 'chelsea, chelsea, chelsea' chant ever again, I'll go mental.

If for no other reason although there are plenty but the Chelsea fans behaviour during the moments silence for the victims of Hillsborough was a disgrace on Sunday and I hope Chelsea get their face smashed in by Barcelona in the return leg.

You know you will get destroyed in the 2nd leg. It's Barca-Arsenal all over again.

Oh, and if I hear that fucking 'chelsea, chelsea, chelsea' chant ever again, I'll go mental.

Says the 'liiiiiverpool liiiiiiiverpool' chanting fan? Bitter that you haven't even come close to playing against Barca for a couple of seasons now :hehe:

If for no other reason although there are plenty but the Chelsea fans behaviour during the moments silence for the victims of Hillsborough was a disgrace on Sunday and I hope Chelsea get their face smashed in by Barcelona in the return leg.

What a sickening match that was. The only stat that Chelsea won was the goal scored but they got their ass kicked. Barca should've been 3 goals up by half-time and the goal was a sucker punch, their only shot on target the whole game. Chelsea came out and then sat back for the second half. They played a brand of puke football and had Barca been more clinical they would've won easily. Hitting the post in the last minute just summed up their night. Barca for me were the real winners and Chelsea can go fuck themselves with their tantrum throwing players and Drogba was again a disgrace rolling around all night bar the goal.

Sure we essentially parked the bus but everyone else has been spanked when they tried otherwise. We stuck to our tactics by not lunging in and just making them run around with it with little space to do much else.

We rode our luck like we did against Totts in the first half with the other team not being clinical enough but frankly that's their fault! We took our chances and we took the win. More than any other Premier team has done this season against Barca ;)

Oh, and as a Chelsea fan at the Wembley game I think your generalisation of the Chelsea fans is moot. The fans that were showing their respect ssshed the idiots that were making noise as we were just as unhappy as anyone else.

@ Ellmeister

Don't you mean you took your chance? Sorry but you had 1 shot on target. Barca had 6. I think it was 20+ shots to Chelseas 3. 2 shots hit the woodwork and another off the line. 80% to 20% possession. 8 corners to 1. Seeing the trend here? Barca were head and shoulders above Chelsea, fluked a goal with the last kick of the 1st half and as you said parked the bus for the rest of the game. Your the home team, real positive. Every neutral will be hoping Barca make it through rather than the negative rubbish Chelsea played and their arrogant pre-madonnas.

Edited by Wii

Barca tend to destroy teams in general. Only lost 3 games in 63 matches or something stupid. Maybe Chelsea parking the bus wasn't overly exciting but it was the right tactic and got them the result. How many teams have we seen try to be positive and try to outplay them which always backfires?

Fergie has tried so many different tactics against them in vain with United. The rolling around on the floor aside I think Chelsea got it spot on tonight. Ok they may have had to ride their luck a few times but credit to them.

@ Ellmeister

Don't you mean you took your chance? Sorry but you had 1 shot on target. Barca had 6. I think it was 20+ shots to Chelseas 3. 2 shots hit the woodwork and another off the line. 80% to 20% possession. 8 corners to 1. Seeing the trend here? Barca were head and shoulders above Chelsea, fluked a goal with the last kick of the 1st half and as you said parked the bus for the rest of the game. Your the home team, real positive. Every neutral will be hoping Barca make it through rather than the negative rubbish Chelsea played and their arrogant pre-madonnas.

Jesus Christ, calm down.

I challenge any team to play in a different way against Barca and get anything from the game. You're genuinely quoting the fact that Barca had 80% of the possession? Of course they did! That's what they do! And of course they had more shots, more corners. That is what they do. Have you never seen them play before or something? You wanted Chelsea to go out with an attacking strategy and try and score more than Barca? No hope. THEN they would get spanked.

Also that goal was no fluke. It was actually a really high-quality goal on the break - Rameires took the ball brilliantly and picked out Drogba at the back post. That wasn't a fluke.

It's obvious you hate Chelsea so you're clearly going to disagree with all of this, but I'm a neutral in all of this and if you step back from your biased point of view you might see what I'm saying. Either that or we can continue this argument endlessly.

Who do you support, by the way?

Jesus Christ, calm down.

I challenge any team to play in a different way against Barca and get anything from the game. You're genuinely quoting the fact that Barca had 80% of the possession? Of course they did! That's what they do! And of course they had more shots, more corners. That is what they do. Have you never seen them play before or something? You wanted Chelsea to go out with an attacking strategy and try and score more than Barca? No hope. THEN they would get spanked.

Also that goal was no fluke. It was actually a really high-quality goal on the break - Rameires took the ball brilliantly and picked out Drogba at the back post. That wasn't a fluke.

It's obvious you hate Chelsea so you're clearly going to disagree with all of this, but I'm a neutral in all of this and if you step back from your biased point of view you might see what I'm saying. Either that or we can continue this argument endlessly.

Who do you support, by the way?

So in other words we're shite and this is the only hope we have. I like to see the best team win and tonight that didn't happen. No the goal wasn't a fluke, I really meant 1 shot, 1 goal. Valdes should've done better, didn't have anything else to do all night unlike Cech. Why can't a team play Barca at their own game? Simple answer is nobody's as good as them.

Edited by Wii

Precisely. But it's boring if they just win everything all the time - what's the point in playing if that's the result every time? Nobody is as good as them, but that doesn't make them completely unbeatable. They have weaknesses, and the way to beat them is to exploit them while limiting their strengths - do that and you deserve to win.

Who is we? Not arguing or anything, just trying to get what you're saying when you write 'we're shite and this is the only we have'. And you never said who you supported ;)

You can't honestly say Chelsea deserved to win? They didn't limit their strengths as you put it, it's that Barcas finishing wasn't as clinical as it should've been. Better shooting and it would have been at least 3-1 Barca. The goal coming when it did was completely against the run of play and meant Chelsea just put everyone behind the ball for the second half. When I refer to "we", I mean the opposition, any opposition, is thinking well there's no way we're as good as them so if we can't beat them positively, how can we beat them negatively?

You can't honestly say Chelsea deserved to win?

I don't think I've seen that anywhere in this thread...

Barca completely outplayed Chelsea from what I've heard but they put in a solid defensive performance and managed to grab a goal on the break. That's exactly the way you should be playing against Barca as they're just a fantastic team.

The result reminds me of a slightly-less-good version of these 2 matches. :heh:

and

Gives me the shivers just watching them.

MadDog we also have other songs...

And I'm just ignoring what Will says he's clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. Every game Bar a dominate possession and chances so we just devised our tactics around that. Do Matteowas spot on.

Barca are well known for their counter attacking abilities so I don't know why Chelsea are being critisied for doing the same. Ramires did very well and I think both Terry and Cahill did well against them.

Excuse the spellings/ auto corrects from my stupid phone.

@ Charlie

Precisely. But it's boring if they just win everything all the time - what's the point in playing if that's the result every time? Nobody is as good as them, but that doesn't make them completely unbeatable. They have weaknesses, and the way to beat them is to exploit them while limiting their strengths - do that and you DESERVE to win.

Who is we? Not arguing or anything, just trying to get what you're saying when you write 'we're shite and this is the only we have'. And you never said who you supported ;)

There's your deserve.

@ Ellmeister. How can you say Chelsea played well defensively? Ye clearly didn't. 24 shots to 4. 6 shots on target to 1. Was it your good defensive play that made Barca hit the woodwork twice or made Alexis miss an open goal? On another night alot these would have gone in. It wasn't Chelsea playing well, it was Barca misfiring. I will give Chelsea one thing, Chelsea were very good at taking down Messi every time he ran at ye. It's called "The Beautiful Game" but what Chelsea did last night was downright ugly.

Edited by Wii

Who cares how Chelsea played last night!... it got them the win!

You can't honestly say if your team had been in Chelsea's position then you wouldn't have been pleased to see the same result.

And I rubbish anyone who says, 'Well I'd rather see our team play the beautiful game and loose, than play that way and win'.

If it's all about the beautiful game, then lets not even have a Champions League and hand just Barca the trophy.

It's about getting to the final and winning this thing! If if you have to play the best team in the world along the way, well then you're gonna do whatever it takes to make it through that round.

Chelsea picked the perfect tactics for the game last night, maybe Barca should should have recognised it and approached the game differently.

@ Ellmeister. How can you say Chelsea played well defensively? Ye clearly didn't.

They didn't concede a single goal, I would say that that's a pretty good defensive display.

(p.s. take away the space between the '@' and name and that person gets a notification about your comment)

@Wii

Why do Barca deserve to win that game and Chelsea do not? Where does this notion come from that a team must pass their opponent to death in order to be superior and win games?

I love attacking football. Barca are at their best when they carve opponents apart and (and this is the important bit) when they finish their chances. The stats yesterday regarding Barca's passing is ridiculous. Something like 700+ passes. That's fantastic. It's brilliant to pass the ball that many times, but ultimately it means nothing. I thought Barca were below par yesterday in terms of attacking their opponent. Too many opportunities wasted. Quite unlike them.

They are a very good team and you have to play intelligently to beat them. Chelsea did that. The midfield, particularly Ramires and Mikel did a fantastic job of moving the ball quickly and shielding the back four. I thought Cahill and Cole were outstanding and put in some amazing tackles. Passing is an art, but so is defending and yesterday we saw some fantastic defending.

If you leave too many gaps, Barca will destroy you. Even yesterday, they had the potential to tear Chelsea to pieces, but Chelsea denied them the opportunity to move and create more clear cut chances. They did create some good chances, but they didn't finish them.

Best move of the night? The one that led to the Chelsea goal. Required only about four or five touches, it was in a forward direction that caught Barca off guard and it ended up in the back of the net.

Put it this way, the history books will say that Chelsea won the game 1-0. If Chelsea do the same again, they're through. As much as I dislike them, they have to be given credit, as it was a great team defensive performance.