NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Well done, Chelsea. I'm pleased that an English team won the Champions League. Thought Ashley Cole was immense, and would probably have him down as my man of the match.

A great final and extra-time/penalties was full of drama, just what you need in football. Bayern had loads of the ball but Chelsea defended really, really well (again) and just hung in there. I thought it was over when Bayern eventually did score, but trust Drogba to get the equaliser.

It is crazy though that the team that finished sixth in the league can win the FA Cup and Champions League. Not really sure what message that sends to other teams out there, but I don't imagine that this sorta thing will happen very often.

I bet @Wii is rage quitting right now. 50p says that he is a Bayern Munich fan.

Yeah Chelsea's defending was immense!

Ashley Cole would get my man of the match too.

Just watched the highlights, looked like a great way to the end a game! Least a english team won I suppose (lol).

All this talk of achieving 4th place. Pft! You know, at one point, in order to qualify for the European Cup, you had to actually win the league. It was called the Champions League for a reason, you know!

Blame Liverpool. They're the one's who forced that precedent through. I think it's dumb, too.

If it's the "Champions" League then surely only the Champions should go through?

Screw 4th, it's all about winnig the fucking thing!

HELL FUCKING YES!!!!

If it's the "Champions" League then surely only the Champions should go through?

Screw 4th, it's all about winnig the fucking thing!

HELL FUCKING YES!!!!

haha, I forgot you were a Chelsea fan... probably cuz you're never online these days.... you got your net sorted yet?

Chelsea were negative vs barca and negative vs Bayern.

Quite possibly one of the worst sides I have seen win the champions league. Went out tonight with no intent to go and actually win the game. Defended great but this defensive setup is horrible to watch!

More rumors about AVB going to Liverpool.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/321304

Is there anything worse than seeing John Terry's smug face lift the trophy....

Is there anything worse than seeing John Terry's smug face lift the trophy....

A german lifting the cup instead?

Blame Liverpool. They're the one's who forced that precedent through. I think it's dumb, too.

Not strictly true! The rule was always there Liverpool were the first exception where it had to be applied and as a one off they let both Liverpool and everton go through but said it could never happen again.

Well done Chelsea. You were meant to win it, it was destiny.

It's like 05, we were not good enough to win it, but it was just meant to be.

I'm hoping I never see them lifting it though. :p

Not strictly true! The rule was always there Liverpool were the first exception where it had to be applied and as a one off they let both Liverpool and everton go through but said it could never happen again.

1999 - 2000. Real Madrid won champions league but finished 5th.

It's OFFICIAL. There is no GOD.

What on earth do you mean? I think he was clearly on Chelsea's side.

It's like 05, we were not good enough to win it, but it was just meant to be.

At least Liverpool attacked Milan! m i rite? trolololollolll... :shakehead:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

Feel sorry for Spurs. Work all year to get fourth then along come the wankers that are Chelsea, totally undeserved, can't win it properly, need penalties to crawl over the line and rob Spurs of 9 months work. Just more reason to hate Chelsea and their knacker players and owner.

Feel sorry for Spurs. Work all year to get fourth then along come the wankers that are Chelsea, totally undeserved, can't win it properly, need penalties to crawl over the line and rob Spurs of 9 months work. Just more reason to hate Chelsea and their knacker players and owner.

Spurs blew it themselves though. They had 3rd in the bag.

Feel sorry for andelecht as they won the league and have now lost automatic qualification because of Chelsea's win.

I just hate the way Chelsea won this competition with their boring negative football!

^^^ Negative football? Tell me about it. My eyes still haven't stopped bleeding.

can't win it properly

Apparently Bayern didn't know how to win it at all.

As for 'negative football', hysterical. Bayern only have themselves to blame for losing that match. As did Barca.

1999 - 2000. Real Madrid won champions league but finished 5th.

OK So what happened that time that meant a precedent wasnt set t

OK So what happened that time that meant a precedent wasnt set t

at that stage we weren't at the 4 teams per country that we're at just now. (Which is too many imo)