NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

When Dalglish came back he had Liverpool playing good football, but that all went out the window. I was happy he was given a full contract, but results are results and they were shit.

Martinez has experience in a relegation battle big woop. He's saved wigan both towards the end of the season, if he was any good he would have taken them mid table by now.

Need a big name manager but would love to see klopp be manager mind.

That has to be the worst England squad i've ever seen. WHY THE FUCK IS DOWNING THERE? Adam Johnson's gone all quiet probably because he's died of shock. Matt Jarvis should have been selected before Downing. It's great to see Ox there but it's a waste of a space if he isn't going to be used. Carrol is a joke, and Defoe has been patchy all season. Daniel Sturridge, Crouch and a half fit Bent should have all been selected ahead of them. I can understand Richards omission, he's not played very much this season at all.

Jordan Henderson as a reserve makes me lol, I'd have gone for Joey Barton before I reached for Henderson.

The owners will be in the bad books now. Not a good way to treat Kenny. Bring him over to the States, sack him and send him home. Classy! Real classy! Wankers!

Kenny asked for the meeting. It was suppose to be in a few weeks!

I would take AVB. He is a talented manager! The dressing room at chelsea were against him from day 1.

I would take martinez also. He would have us playing attacking football home and away against all opposition. He doesnt subscribe to win at any cost, always plays football the right way!

That has to be the worst England squad i've ever seen. WHY THE FUCK IS DOWNING THERE? Adam Johnson's gone all quiet probably because he's died of shock. Matt Jarvis should have been selected before Downing. It's great to see Ox there but it's a waste of a space if he isn't going to be used. Carrol is a joke, and Defoe has been patchy all season. Daniel Sturridge, Crouch and a half fit Bent should have all been selected ahead of them. I can understand Richards omission, he's not played very much this season at all.

Jordan Henderson as a reserve makes me lol, I'd have gone for Joey Barton before I reached for Henderson.

How is Carroll* a joke? Seriously, have any of you guys watched him the past few months? He's been pretty much unplayable most of the time. He's miles better than any you suggested.

How is Carroll* a joke? Seriously, have any of you guys watched him the past few months? He's been pretty much unplayable most of the time. He's miles better than any you suggested.

Hes been unplayable, but past few months is a bit of a stretch. Try the last month maybe.

Carroll is not a joke, but when there are better alternatives it does seem quite outrageous.

AVB is clear favourite with bookies.

some have suspended bets.

I agree. He pretty much single handedly changed the tempo of the FA cup final when he was brought on - if he plays anything like he did there, his selection is more than justified.

How he's played doesn't matter, it's how many goals he's scored. Liverpool would have apparently won the league on how they played but that doesn't matter a hoot. There's a lot more English strikers who have been getting done above Carroll, one good performance in the FA cup final doesn't change that, it's countless performances like his effort against Newcastle that do.

How he's played doesn't matter, it's how many goals he's scored. Liverpool would have apparently won the league on how they played but that doesn't matter a hoot. There's a lot more English strikers who have been getting done above Carroll, one good performance in the FA cup final doesn't change that, it's countless performances like his effort against Newcastle that do.

One good performance? Pointless even debating if you are saying he's only had one good performance.

How good he's played doesn't matter? So Liverpool need to sign Yakubu, because he scored a few goals this season? Is Fletcher better than Suarez because he scored more goals? No he isn't.

It's not like we are only looking to Carroll for goals.

Martinez has experience in a relegation battle big woop. He's saved wigan both towards the end of the season, if he was any good he would have taken them mid table by now.

Just the qualifications a Liverpool manager needs now a days ;)

I joke, I joke...

Right, where to start?

I have a few issues with that England team list. For a start, can't believe Richards didn't get in. How Johnson is rated above him is anyone's guess. This is coming from a United fan, so it pains me to recommend a City player.

Secondly, Carroll ahead of Sturridge and Crouch? As a "planning for the future" idea it fails because Sturridge has a lot of potential, too. As a "doing well at the Euros" idea, it also fails because Crouch has a great record. It doesn't work on either level.

Thirdly, no Carrick? Henderson getting in ahead of Carrick? Are you fucking joking? Carrick has been great for United all season and has possibly had his best season for the club, bar his first. Henderson has been below par for Liverpool all season. Only Liverpool fans like him.

Next, no Ferdinand, but it's fine to take Terry? The man who almost cost his team a Champions League Final, the man involved in a racist row and a man who captained his team to a place outside of the Champions League? I can understand maybe not taking Rio due to his long term injury issue, but he has played many games this season, the most for years. He has played far better than Terry.

This next one is an absolute joke. Putting Downing into the squad. Just...terrible. Adam Johnson has played better and he's had far less opportunities than Downing. Why isn't he selected?

Also, I can't help but look at that goalkeeper selection and feel worried. Joe Hart is obviously first choice, but everything after that is worrying. Basically, if anything happens to Hart, we're fucked.

As for Kenny Dalglish getting sacked: Can't really fault that call. Yes, he has won a trophy, but at the expense of the league. That's putting it mildly.

Agree with all of that pretty much apart from the keepers. John Ruddy has been fantastic this season!

One good performance? Pointless even debating if you are saying he's only had one good performance.

How good he's played doesn't matter? So Liverpool need to sign Yakubu, because he scored a few goals this season? Is Fletcher better than Suarez because he scored more goals? No he isn't.

Liverpool needs someone who can bang them away, make you should look at Fletcher. ;)

Carroll has not performed well enough over the season to justify a place nor does he have the experience. Crouch is a far better choice, as is Holt who knows where the back of the net is.

Thirdly, no Carrick? Henderson getting in ahead of Carrick? Are you fucking joking? Carrick has been great for United all season and has possibly had his best season for the club, bar his first. Henderson has been below par for Liverpool all season. Only Liverpool fans like him.

Carrick didn't want sloppy seconds.

The 30-year-old Manchester United midfielder was omitted from the 23-man party which was officially confirmed on Wednesday.

It was revealed that Carrick did not want to be considered if he was not pushing for a starting role with the Three Lions."We were advised a few months ago that because of where he was in his career, that he wanted to step back from being called up"

"We were advised a few months ago that because of where he was in his career, that he wanted to step back from being called up and sitting on the subs bench. He will help in extreme situations," confirmed the FA's Adrian Bevington.

Hodgson added: "I wouldn't dream of putting Michael Carrick on a standby list after he's made it clear in the past he doesn't want to be involved like that.

"I'd have to be convinced he was better than the four [central midfielders] I've selected, and that he'd be happy to come out of retirement."

Apparently Wigan have given Liverpool permission to start talks with Martinez. This really feels like Hodgson all over again :(

I really think he will do well if he goes to the reds, If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be all over the news.

Apparently Wigan have given Liverpool permission to start talks with Martinez. This really feels like Hodgson all over again :(

Agreed, could be the start of something terrible, need a bigger name than that.

Hopefully they are just talking to him and will be talking to a host of other managers.

Edited by James

Just because we want to talk to him, that doesn't mean he's manager. Some people have branded him a failure and he hasn't even got the job. Embarrassing.

I think Martinez is a very good young manager, personally I'd rather he stay at Wigan and continue his & the club's development. If they continue to play the way they've been playing in the last 1/4 of the season and add some more names I think they can look up next year.

btw Liverpool have others on their shortlist, Roberto was just the first one they approach.

Edited by -Dem0-

I've said for a while that in 5 years or so, he will be a top top manager.

My first choice is Andre Villas-Boas followed closely by Klopp.

FSG will interview 4-5 guys.

I am expecting AVB and Brendan Rodgers to be approached also.

Klopp will never leave Dortmund to join Liverpool. He is on a good thing in Germany and he wants another crack at the Champions League.

Not been on the forum much recently but on getting back into things would put my quick views across...

I expected City to win the league on the last day... up until they were 2-1 down, I was watching on my phone and I was like no fucking way were gonna get the league, getting all excited and then they go and pull that 3-2 win off! Amazing, as gutted as I am united didn't win and THEY did but they really did do it in style. Must be a great feeling being a city fan.

England selection had me a bit puzzled, Downing? no thanks. I pretty much agree with what others have already posted though with other player selections and omissions.

Liverpool getting rid of the king? LOL. He has been pretty poor for them IMO, can't handle the media well, low league finish, some dodgy signings, the whole Suarez thing and how he backed him (I wouldn't be surprised if there was a slight motivation for them giving him the sack, but not revealing that etc). Even though I feel like that I can't help but think clubs are two quick to get rid of managers now, rather than letting them develop etc.

I want my strikers to score goals, stay on the pitch and not drag the image of the club down. Yakubu and Fletcher both fit those roles, Carroll and Suarez do not.

I want my strikers to score goals, stay on the pitch and not drag the image of the club down. Yakubu and Fletcher both fit those roles, Carroll and Suarez do not.

How do people always find a way of dragging Suárez into things? That comment about the image of the club is totally irrelevant and has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I thought you were one of the more intelligent ones on here.

How do people always find a way of dragging Suárez into things? That comment about the image of the club is totally irrelevant and has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I thought you were one of the more intelligent ones on here.

I watched Suarez for years when he was at Ajax, long before he ever signed for Liverpool, I know exactly what he's capable off. As for Carroll, one good season for Newcastle coming off a decent season in the Championship, a season in which he was outscored by Gary Hooper who played for Scunthorpe at the time. Fletcher may not have been signed for £20 million + but he's been a damn sight more effective than Suarez has. If Suarez would play to his potential he'd be nearly unplayable, unfortunately he can't. It was never a problem in the inferior Dutch league, but it's not the same standard in the EPL.

Are you seriously saying Fletcher is better than Suárez. I'm literally lost for words.

Suárez, Aguero, Rooney, Van Persie. He's in with them, no doubt about it.