NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Best thing about that gif is the Chelsea fan behind the goal who gets up and walks off as soon as it lands in the net. Silly tart your team is in the cup final on Saturday.

To be fair, I was only listening to it on the radio and heard where it was hit from and how special it was, made the assumption they were similar.

Haha, you seen it now? Both very good goals, incredible goals. Personally Crouch does it for me (especially as I don't' think he's very good and I didn't think he had it in him *remembersoverheadkick*)

That's fucking amazing.

Great result from Spurs too. 4th place is absolutely nail biting this year!

Pfft, 3rd is sewn up :)

I was at the game last night, two wonder goals, unfortunately the second goal was opposite end opposite side so didn't get to see how much swerve it had. Absolutely unreal, such a good goal.

Can't say we looked alive last night, never really pushed them. Krul is such a time wasting dick, he does it in so many games now, I know Cech got booked against Barca but can't remember another time that happened.

On to the cup!

One more reason for Chelski to win:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02052012/58/bundesliga-nine-millon-reasons-bayern-lose-final.html

Krul is such a time wasting dick, he does it in so many games now, I know Cech got booked against Barca but can't remember another time that happened.

Yeah, good as Krul has been for us this season, he needs to simmer down a bit. Seems to argue with people a fair amount and the time wasting is not good when you do it as much as he does.

Glad to see the a load of direct trains have been put on to Wembley for tomorrows match, I was gonna have to change trains otherwise and I hate doing that.

I cannot believe Rooney's goal has now gone on to win the goal of the 20 years thing. Like I said before I felt there have been better overhead kicks scored in the league than that and there were certainly a ton of better goals on the list....it pains me say Matt Le Tissier's was.

Anyway on Cisse's goal it was cracking sure but he did just swing at it. I don't mean that in a derogatory way because sure there is a technique there but I feel Crouch's from beginning to end felt like it was more placed that just hit, plus the fact it came all that way without touching the ground shows the long ball game can be a thing of beauty.

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner has hinted at an interest in Fulham star Clint Dempsey.

The Anfield hierarchy normally keep transfer targets as confidential, but Werner has implied the club could be watching his fellow American.

Dempsey has scored 22 goals this season and, with just one year remaining on his contract, has also been linked with a move to Fulham's London rivals, Arsenal.

FA Cup finalists and Carling Cup winners Liverpool are expected to make changes to their squad this summer after an extremely disappointing Premier League campaign.

This would come after spending more than £80million on the likes of Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam in the last close-season.

"We never talk publicly about transfer targets, however, any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad," said Werner.

Fulham, though, will fight to keep hold of Dempsey and manager Martin Jol has previously insisted the USA international is not for sale ahead of summer talks with the player over a possible contract extension.

Regarding the prospects of keeping Dempsey at Craven Cottage, Jol told Sky Sports in April: "Hopefully we will, because he's still here for next season as well. So we won't sell him, so that is easy."

Yes please! :bouncy:

Chelsea bid for Battersea Power Station

The Blues have made a sensational bid for the 39-acre site, but aren’t the only ones in contention

001d0071-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_5c75745a-32be-4e03-8e21-7367c8b575c9_20120504130043_Battersea-Power-Station-Dominic-Lipinski-Press-Association-Images.jpg

The club detailed the plans on their website this afternoon, pledging to preserve “all the significant aspects” of the landmark building.

“The four iconic chimneys and wash towers along with the Grade II* listed west turbine hall and control room will be restored and retained in their original locations and provide a unique architectural backdrop to a world-class stadium with a capacity of around 60,000 seats.”

Interestingly, the club stated that it was not the only interested party, though how many others have entered the bidding is as yet unclear – previous plans included those to turn the site into a revamped property development.

If the club is to be successful in the bid, they’ll not only need to beat the competition, but also overcome the hurdles of residents, shareholders, fans and the local authorities.

On top of the stadium, Chelsea’s plans include “a town centre with substantial street-level retail shops, affordable housing and offices” as well as “a significant contribution towards the Northern Line Extension, a new high-volume transport link proposed for the area”.

Never would have thought of the site becoming a stadium, but could be something quite stunning!

Could double up as a pretty impressive London music stadium aswell.

FA Cup Final Day is so awesome, really nervous but excited aswell. Both will increase before kickoff.

Arsenal getting away with murder here. Two great shouts for pens. Koscielny doesn't have a clue.

Arsenal getting away with murder here. Two great shouts for pens. Koscielny doesn't have a clue.

Unbelievable game! How Norwich survived the last few minutes.. amazing. 3rd and 4th blown wide open. If Newcastle somehow beat City and Everton, and Spurs beat Villa and Fulham Arsenal might not qualify for CL.. then VP would surely leave..

Great end to the season all over the table anyway

I thought van Persie had won it for us, but the defence for Morrison's equalizer was terrible, much like it was the whole game. Credit to Ruddy, he pulled off a handful of great saves in the last 10 minutes.

Shit. Absolute shit.

Need a massive favour from Villa and Man City now.

I've watched about 25mins of the first half of the FA Cup final. To say it has been lacklustre would be a massive understatement. :zzz:

What a result at the emirates. Their lap of honour to a quarter filled stadium on their last home game of the season shows how fickle and "supportive" they try are.

I really think arsenal coud lose next week too and put them 5th if newcastle get 2 pints form their next 2 (difficult but they could). Then barren batter Chelsea in the final and things coud be AMAZING!

But the way this seasons gone ANYTHING coud happen!

Devasted, but well done Chelsea. Players put in 100% and can be proud of getting to Wembley 3 times in a season. Looking forward to next season.

Chelsea deserved it in the end but when Carrol came on Liverpool were a different team, they came alive. Another ten minutes they would of pulled it back I reckon but well done Chelsea.

Soooo proud of Carroll. He's already started silencing the idiots who wrote him off as a joke. Always believed in him and backed him, have faith, he will be brilliant. Attitude, desire and determination all top notch, he has earned the backing of every single Liverpool fan, and if you're a Liverpool fan and don't, then I don't really care what you have to say.

Only caught the second half but I have to agree, Carroll did have a good game. Was cheering for Liverpool to win but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Think the ref/lino got the Carroll header that Cech saved decision just right. Was partly over but not fully. I still think goal line technology is needed, though.

:( On the train on the way home

Was Carrol's header over the line? It did look it from where I was sitting.

I'm at least proud of Liverpool for the none stop attacking we did after our goal.

The ball was part way over the line. Just one of those insane decisions for a ref to call, I believe the rules state the ball has to be all the way over?