NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I think Parker deserves it as does Bale, not so sure about Walker. He's been great but I think there are better right backs. I personally rate Richards highly, though not sure he's played a lot this seaosn?

I think Mata deserves to be in the team as well as maybe Cech from Chelsea although Hart has put in such a stellar performance for almost all season.

Which FA Cup run do you mean? If you mean the year we lost to Chelsea and went down then fair enough but the year we won it was undoubtedly the most successful season we've had post war. FA Cup Winners and finished 8th in the premiership.

Yeah I meant the one when you got to the final against Chelsea. I was sure I wrote that in my post but it was the middle of the night :p

I think Parker deserves it as does Bale, not so sure about Walker. He's been great but I think there are better right backs. I personally rate Richards highly, though not sure he's played a lot this seaosn?

I think Mata deserves to be in the team as well as maybe Cech from Chelsea although Hart has put in such a stellar performance for almost all season.

I wouldn't put Cech in there, but I feel that Mata should be added. Aside from walker, the defence is pretty much what it should be. Can't really argue with any of those inclusions.

Van Persie and Rooney as strikers seems fine to me, too. Although, the likes of Aguero and Ba could have been in there, too. As could Cisse had he been here from the start.

There should be a worst team of the season. ;)

Yeah I meant the one when you got to the final against Chelsea. I was sure I wrote that in my post but it was the middle of the night :p

You just wrote a few years back...could have covered either but yeah anyway your point was valid, winning a cup is great but doesn't completely rescue a terrible season without a few questions being asked.

West Brom could end up finishing higher than Liverpool with Hodgson being in charge...he was definitely not given a chance there. People say he couldn't handle the top players he was Inter Milan manager ffs. Also Switzerland under him were one of the best teams in the FIFA Rankings I reckon he knows what he is doing...

Edited by flameboy

Lol yeah, we did. :heh:

It's as we said it would happen. Great first team when they're all fit, but they're not quite there yet in terms of the whole squad.

I still don't think Harry did enough in the summer to bring in attacking players to the club. They need another striker and maybe even another winger as I'm not convinced on Lennon. Possibly another defender, too. What about the long term goalkeeping position, as well?

With their current squad, I could really see Spurs struggling in Europe and in the League next season.

Yep.

They've basically got the midfield sorted. What they need is a proper striking partnership - They had a hint of that with Saha and Adebayor (sp?) and it was fucking awesome. They're both out atm and they couldn't secure a goal from something like 25 chances vs QPR.

I read on twitter that Mr Adebayor may have had a bust up with 'Arry. Though I've yet to read anything from a credible source.

Yep.

They've basically got the midfield sorted. What they need is a proper striking partnership - They had a hint of that with Saha and Adebayor (sp?) and it was fucking awesome. They're both out atm and they couldn't secure a goal from something like 25 chances vs QPR.

I'm not so sure that the midfield is sorted. The wings don't look balanced to me.

When Saha first came, he did link up with Ade. The problem is that there needs to be more competition for places and Ade is still only a loan signing.

Parker being in the team of the year is a good issue of debate. I just found it hilarious that Maddog thought it was such a an incredibly bad decision.

I'd say Wolves deserve worst team of the season, they just about beat us to it. :p

I find this weird. We all go on about how the media love Rooney, but i haven't seen the usual bumming of him this season, yet he's only 1 goal behind Van Persie, who has had people licking his arse all season. Rooney has quietly had a brilliant goal scoring season, which i wouldn't ever think would happen with our media.

Parker being in the team of the year is a good issue of debate. I just found it hilarious that Maddog thought it was such a an incredibly bad decision.

But it is an incredibly bad decision. :hmm:

Lol yeah, we did. :heh:

It's as we said it would happen. Great first team when they're all fit, but they're not quite there yet in terms of the whole squad.

I still don't think Harry did enough in the summer to bring in attacking players to the club. They need another striker and maybe even another winger as I'm not convinced on Lennon. Possibly another defender, too. What about the long term goalkeeping position, as well?

With their current squad, I could really see Spurs struggling in Europe and in the League next season.

In fairness, think we've all agreed through the season that Spurs lack in depth. Though a few months back I was saying they lacked the depth to challenge for the title, not to cling on to fourth...

Agree about the attacking players thing. Think Sandro's been played with Parker a couple times lately, which is way too defensive. And they just seem to lack movement at the moment, especially with VDV and Ade rarely making decent runs... Disagree about Lennon though, he's looked good when fit this season. Thought he might be what Spurs needed when he came back the other week but that's yet to happen..

Genuine question I have: I only started watching football again after the 2012 world cup - how did Spurs manage to get the 4th spot in the 2011 / 2012 season? The squad has got to be much stronger now with Bale / Walker come through and Parker / VDV signed.

Should be a cracking end to the season though, title race, fight for fourth and the relegation battle are all looking hot...

Edit: Also, why was Pienaar never played when Spurs had him? Looks great at Everton at the moment.

Edited by dan-likes-trees

I find this weird. We all go on about how the media love Rooney, but i haven't seen the usual bumming of him this season, yet he's only 1 goal behind Van Persie, who has had people licking his arse all season. Rooney has quietly had a brilliant goal scoring season, which i wouldn't ever think would happen with our media.

Especially weird considering its the season before a major tournament.

Found out where im sitting for the FA Cup final, looks like a good area on the Wembley Stadium Station side

Found out where im sitting for the FA Cup final, looks like a good area on the Wembley Stadium Station side

Cool I found out where I'm sitting too, on the side of the sofa that goafer on during extra life :heh:

Genuine question I have: I only started watching football again after the 2012 world cup - how did Spurs manage to get the 4th spot in the 2011 / 2012 season? The squad has got to be much stronger now with Bale / Walker come through and Parker / VDV signed.

You tell us Mr Timewarp :heh:

How did you sort a ticket (if you don't mind me asking), Club Wembley member?

Both teams only being allocated 25,000 tickets for a 90,000 stadium is a disgrace. That would only cover just over half our season ticket holders.

In other news Robin van Persie has been named Football Writers' Association Player of the Year.

Source.

Fully deserved, carried us for many games early on in the season and has become a great captain. Now starts the silly season of him being linked with every club on the planet.

How did you sort a ticket (if you don't mind me asking), Club Wembley member?

Both teams only being allocated 25,000 tickets for a 90,000 stadium is a disgrace. That would only cover just over half our season ticket holders.

My Dad gets offered them through work and he's going to be in the US that weekend so he gave it to me.

Scholes was third despite only playing 14 games, 11 of them starts. Madness.

A tweet:

Congratulations to Paul Scholes on being old and English and playing for Manchester United.

My Dad gets offered them through work and he's going to be in the US that weekend so he gave it to me.

Nice one. Hope you have a good time.

Nice one. Hope you have a good time.

Cheers, im looking forward to it. Gonna be my first final. Best ive done before was an FA Cup semi final at Old Trafford. We're still on the list for season tickets at Anfield, used to have 2 when I was younger but they got too expensive to keep.

Scholes was third despite only playing 14 games, 11 of them starts. Madness.

A tweet:

To be fair, he's been absolutely sensational in the games he's been playing. However, he'd be nowhere near my team of the season because as you said, he hasn't played that many games.

To be fair, he's been absolutely sensational in the games he's been playing. However, he'd be nowhere near my team of the season because as you said, he hasn't played that many games.

Oh I don't deny he's played well. But he probably shouldn't even be in the top three Man Utd players this season, let alone the top three players in the whole league.

This is a good thing, no added, expectant, whole of a nation resting on his shoulders type of pressure before a major (Euro really a major??) International tournament.

He can just continue to smash goals in, while RVP takes the plaudits and waltz into the Euro's after his 2 game ban...

Of course come the Euro's that'll change entirely and it will be the whole nation resting on his shoulders pressure that the media always creates before major tournaments.