NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Ched Evans named in the PFA league one team of the year. Wonder if anyone clapped?

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention the PFA bollocks awards.

Parker in Team of the Year? Biggest load of shit I've heard in my life.

If getting to finals is how we judge how good a season has been, do we say that Birmingham had a better season than most teams last year because they won the Carling Cup? Even though they were relegated? Same with Pompey and the FA Cup a few years back. Liverpool have been terrible this season, and a cup run can't be used to judge a team's overall quality. I'll give them credit for getting to those finals, but it doesn't hide the fact that Liverpool have declined in quality this season despite spending shedloads of cash.

Very pleased for RVP getting player of the year, hopefully it motivates him to score another couple of goals. Don't understand how Kyle Walker was voted YPOTY over Aguero though. Probably his Englishness.

Although I fear you might be right given our fixture list, I'm going to hold you to this....

I hope I'm wrong too and with the form you're on anything is possible. But I just feel for that form to continue would be a big ask, would be in incredible run of form. But for that form to continue against the teams you're playing; you'd deserve everything if you could do that. Your games could barely be tougher though.

I don't think Dalglish helps his case because he's so easy to hate (to non-Liverpool fans). His juvenile acts during his post-match interviews do not befit his so called nickname. You can't grade players on what they can do or what they have done, it's what they're doing now. Gervinho was an attacking focer for Lille hitting double figures for goals and assists, he can't do anything but fall over for us.

The cups are a nice addition but as can be seen by the strength of the players being fielded by the big teams during them, they don't really care much about them. You're always going to be judged on league form and for the money spent, 7th isn't good enough. No matter how many times you've hit the post, or how good players can be.

Very pleased for RVP getting player of the year, hopefully it motivates him to score another couple of goals. Don't understand how Kyle Walker was voted YPOTY over Aguero though. Probably his Englishness.

I think that may have been down to the fact he was nominated for player of the year as well, so votes would've got split. Aguero definitely deserved it more.

How is Parker for team of the year ridiculous Maddog? He won November player of the month, and was one of the main reasons we went on such a good run in the middle of the season. He was imperious in the middle; breaking up play as good as anyone. "Biggest load of shit"? You don't have a clue.

I applaud your loyalty, but quite frankly you are hilariously deluded when it comes to Liverpool. Nothing will miraculously change next season. You are where you are in the league for a good reason; this is not a false position.

All winning cup matches show is that your good on the day. Any team in the premiership can beat another in one match, Which has been proven time and time again with a 'lesser' club beating a 'big club'.

It is the standings in the league after 38 games played which show how good a team actually is. There is a reason utd and city are right at the top, same as how wolves are now relegated.

And Whatever position Liverpool end up in shows they will have had a pretty poor season overall, considering they were a top 4 club several seasons ago.

I find it staggering that you stick up for Kenny (refuse to call the miserable dour faced twat king kenny) as much as you do. Liverpool this season is probably the worst Liverpool team I've ever witnessed, a few luck results mean you could get a cup double (and I hope you do), but you are truly awful. Yet you stick up for the man responsible for making you play such dully boring, unadventurous football. Bizarre.

I truly hope the liverpool board feel the same way as you, the longer he manages you the better.

Newcastle won't get another point this season and will finish 6th. That's my prediction!

I agreed with everything you wrote up to this point LOL. They are in 4th to stay in my opinion, playing so well and with all the momentum behind them.

I think Newcastle can still steal 3rd from Arsenal, we have to start winning again to avoid that or hope Newcastle have a weak finish. Alan Pardew showing Kenny Dalglish how to spend your money in the transfer market.

If getting to finals is how we judge how good a season has been, do we say that Birmingham had a better season than most teams last year because they won the Carling Cup? Even though they were relegated? Same with Pompey and the FA Cup a few years back. Liverpool have been terrible this season, and a cup run can't be used to judge a team's overall quality. I'll give them credit for getting to those finals, but it doesn't hide the fact that Liverpool have declined in quality this season despite spending shedloads of cash.

Which FA Cup run do you mean? If you mean the year we lost to Chelsea and went down then fair enough but the year we won it was undoubtedly the most successful season we've had post war. FA Cup Winners and finished 8th in the premiership.

Newcaste have away at Wigan, Chelsea and Everton and Home to Man City. You think they'll get many points from that?

Spurs have Home to Blackburn and Fulham and away at Bolton and Villa.

If Spurs don't get 4th then you can only applaud Newcastle and lambast Harry Redknapp!

God knows what's happening at Spurs lately. Everything's fallen to pieces! Their problem is that they have such a shallow pool of really key players that as soon as even minor injuries crop up they're in big trouble. But without Europe they won't have the pull to flesh out their squad with top talent. Eugh.

Newcaste have away at Wigan, Chelsea and Everton and Home to Man City. You think they'll get many points from that?

Spurs have Home to Blackburn and Fulham and away at Bolton and Villa.

If Spurs don't get 4th then you can only applaud Newcastle and lambast Harry Redknapp!

I can see Newcastle getting points against Wigan and Chelsea and even Everton to be honest Man City just hit form so not likely....and unfortunately I could see Spurs losing to any of the teams they are playing the way they've been playing...Blackburn if Yak and Hoilett are having a good day they will cause probems, Fulham maybe not to so much, Bolton away may be tougher than usual. Villa are in freefall though so yeah 3 points there. I think Spurs will get more points than I'm making out but I really wouldn't bet against the Toon getting 9 from 12.

Personally I'd like to see Spurs there because of 'Arry and always liked them really but then not too bothered as my best mate and my brother both support Newcastle.

I think they can, they thrashed Stoke after all. With a striker as on form as Papiss Cisse and the great run of form they've gotten they can likely get enough for Champions League football no matter which place they may get. They can win at Wigan and Everton at least. But let's wait and see. I'm just saying they may, not that they actually will.

I think that may have been down to the fact he was nominated for player of the year as well, so votes would've got split. Aguero definitely deserved it more.

How is Parker for team of the year ridiculous Maddog? He won November player of the month, and was one of the main reasons we went on such a good run in the middle of the season. He was imperious in the middle; breaking up play as good as anyone. "Biggest load of shit"? You don't have a clue.

I applaud your loyalty, but quite frankly you are hilariously deluded when it comes to Liverpool. Nothing will miraculously change next season. You are where you are in the league for a good reason; this is not a false position.

Ask every single fan on here that isn't a Spurs fan whether he deserved it or not. Everyone will agree with me. Being player of the MONTH hardly earns you the right to be in team of the year. If that's the case, Lucas should be in there, as he was amazing until he got injured.

I know for a fact we have played better than where we are currently, and it's a matter of time until we're back above Spurs.

I'm not a Spurs fan and I think Parker deserves that spot. He's been great this season: Spurs started their downward spiral when he got injured/banned/stopped playing for them regularly.

I'd also mention that when a Premier League season is only about 8-9 months long, being player of the month is a great reason to be in the team of the year. If he wasn't great he wouldn't have been made England captain, let's put it that way.

Are you sure you aren't just getting annoyed because the people saying he deserved it are the same people who keep saying that Liverpool have had a poor season?

(I also find it amusing that some Liverpool fans still think they have a great team and manager despite currently languishing in 8th. What would they have to do for it to be bad, relegation!?)

Edited by Nintendohnut

I also find it amusing that Liverpool fans still think they have a great team and manager despite currently languishing in 8th..

..don't tar us all with the same brush, 'dohnut :heh: We're not good enough right now and I include the players, manager and some of the 'fans' in that.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few months..

No, I'm not just saying it to annoy dazzy and spirited away. I could do better than that if I wanted to wind them up. :p

I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I'm not for one second saying this is an acceptable league campaign, it's been poor, and the players and management know that. My belief and faith in this team and manager is because I know we are a lot better than this. I've seen this season that we do have a good squad, and that it only needs a couple of signings to make the next step.

If you guys think I'm deluded, so be it. I don't see a problem in putting 100% trust and faith into my club, and supporting every single one of them whatever happens.

Have to agree with MadDog on this one about Parker. He's been good this season, for part of it. But, good enough to be in the team of the year? I don't think so.

It's somewhat insulting to players like Cabaye and Tiote who have both been utterly outstanding for Newcastle. What about Clint Dempsey? His scoring rate for a midfielder is incredible. What about Arteta who has kept that Arsenal midfield ticking? What about Carrick and Paul Scholes, who are two of the biggest reasons why we are still in the title race, when we probably don't deserve to be.

I wouldn't even have Bale in my team of the year. Valencia should get in, or even Nani. What about Mata? There's even a case for Walcott, even though I don't particularly like him.

As for Kyle Walker: I don't agree with that either. As good as he's been, what about Aguero? As much as I loathe City, he has been something else this season.

I mentioned these points to my Spurs supporting mate in school, and he agreed with me particularly on the Walker one.

the fact that the voting is done in January and they're handed out in mid April is one of the biggest failings of the PFA awards.

What's the point in player of the year awards if it's only really for half a season?

the fact that the voting is done in January and they're handed out in mid April is one of the biggest failings of the PFA awards.

What's the point in player of the year awards if it's only really for half a season?

Duh. Obviously 'Arry informed the FA of his plan to make Spurs look great until the last couple of months of the season and then dive-bomb them to obscurity.

God knows what's happening at Spurs lately. Everything's fallen to pieces! Their problem is that they have such a shallow pool of really key players that as soon as even minor injuries crop up they're in big trouble. But without Europe they won't have the pull to flesh out their squad with top talent. Eugh.

I swear me and Flink said that ages ago and got laughed at.

I swear me and Flink said that ages ago and got laughed at.

Lol yeah, we did. :heh:

It's as we said it would happen. Great first team when they're all fit, but they're not quite there yet in terms of the whole squad.

I still don't think Harry did enough in the summer to bring in attacking players to the club. They need another striker and maybe even another winger as I'm not convinced on Lennon. Possibly another defender, too. What about the long term goalkeeping position, as well?

With their current squad, I could really see Spurs struggling in Europe and in the League next season.

As for Parker. I'd rather have Mr Hit or Miss, the one, the only, Songdinho.