NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

He's a Liverpool player, i want him fit, no matter how good or bad he is. If King Kenny wants to play him, i'm fine with that, i trust King Kenny's judgement massively.

I wouldn't based on the season you've had.

Peter Ridsdale says hello.

Craig Whyte says hello also.

Just found this out this morning.

"The Bulgaria international [Stiliyan Petrov], 32, developed a fever following last weekend's defeat to Arsenal and was diagnosed with acute leukaemia at lunchtime on Friday."

It seems they've caught him early on, seeing as they were aware of his fever before the diagnosis, hope he gets better soon.

In other news Carroll has said;

"If I scored on Sunday then I wouldn't celebrate," he told The Chronicle. "I hope I get a good reception from the fans, they'll be getting one from me."

I don't see him scoring today, infact I think Newcastle have a pretty good chance of winning this match.

Edited by -Dem0-

Just found this out this morning.

It seems they've caught him early on, seeing as they were aware of his fever before the diagnosis, hope he gets better soon.

In other news Carroll has said;

I don't see him scoring today, infact I think Newcastle have a pretty good chance of winning this match.

Terrible news about Petrov, hope he gets well soon.

And, well Newcastle are favourites, above us in the league, at home, we're on poor form. I think we'll be massively improved though, as we are much better against good teams (Newcastle are good) and away from home.

Awful news about Petrov, it's going to be a long hard battle for him. I hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

It's 11 years to the day that David Rocastle passed away after a long battle with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. A true club legend and fan favourite, the only past player who's name is still sung at most if not all home games. RIP Rocky.

gun1301406945rocastle10.jpg

Bit of a treat, the man himself wearing the famous 'bruised banana' kit.

----

MERGED

In a nut shell: Shite. Two mistakes cost us two goals, but we were never fully in the game. Need a performance against Man City next weekend.

Edited by Ramar
Automerged Doublepost

but we were never fully in the game. Need a performance against Man City next weekend.

Le Tissier pointed that out a couple of times during coverage as well. Wenger's been saying for a while now that we need to focus, todays performance only reinforced his words. We need to amp up our game and beat those b-mancs.

speaking about the b-mancs... Sunderland should've won the game, they played better & Dzeko went for a dip.

But boy is Bendtner performing, and don't forget the ever consistent Larsson. unlucky cats.

Edited by -Dem0-

Possibly our biggest game of the season tomorrow. At leas that's what it feels like. Little bit worried about our defence with Collo missing, but hopefully we should score enough to compensate. Really, really need to win this to stay in the fight for 5th (4th?!) place I reckon. Howay the toon, if we can beat Man Utd 3-0 at home we can do the same to Liverpool.

Possibly our biggest game of the season tomorrow. At leas that's what it feels like. Little bit worried about our defence with Collo missing, but hopefully we should score enough to compensate. Really, really need to win this to stay in the fight for 5th (4th?!) place I reckon. Howay the toon, if we can beat Man Utd 3-0 at home we can do the same to Liverpool.

How can you beat Manchester United they don't play Newcastle United untill next season

How can you beat Manchester United they don't play Newcastle United untill next season

He is making reference to the game earlier on in the season.

Its crazy how much the lower teams decide to turn it on during the run in. I can see Villa and Mcleish getting sucked down the plughole just like last season with Brum.

We beat Manchester United 3-0 earlier so we can beat Liverpool Dembe Ba is really good i think he will score i hope we don't concede too many goals should be a good game though.

To be cut adrift this late on in the season, Wolves look a certainty to be relegated, I mean with QPR, Bolton and Wigan all picking up 3 points today, it'll take a miracle for them to stay up. But with 24 points still up for grabs who knows yet.

we played shit today lost 5-1 at home to burnley suddenly threw everything we had them as 3-1 we should have just played it out and not wreck our goal difference even further.

He is making reference to the game earlier on in the season.

Its crazy how much the lower teams decide to turn it on during the run in. I can see Villa and Mcleish getting sucked down the plughole just like last season with Brum.

I've been thinking of this for a long while.

It's entirely possible that Villa won't win any of their remaining games. They're not easy. They've not played good football this season and Mcleish is not the right man for them. They don't play good football under him.

Also, thanks Sunderland. A shame they couldn't hold on for the win, but a draw is still a great result for them.

What a joke!

Liverpool gonna be 11 points behind Newcastle. Disgrace!

This team is pathetic. so many average players.

My word that was satisfying.

I really thought our defence would collapse without Collo but full credit to Perch and Williamson, they played very well and kept the other team at bay. Williamson came very close to scoring a nice little goal himself at one point. Ben Arfa and Cisse really combining well up front again, that first goal was just lovely.

Credit to Liverpool where it's due; for the first twenty minutes they definitely looked the stronger side. I really thought Caroll was going to score that chance, but instead he decided to dive? Or he just fell over...I'm not sure which is worse really. We were also quite lucky that Simpson's arm-ball went unnoticed. Felt a bit sorry for the L'pool fans in the end, the sending off was a bit soft but I don't think Reina left the referee with much choice really.

Still, brilliant result which makes it 3 wins in a row, keeping us nicely level on points with Chelsea and keeps 4th place in our sights :)

Liverpool are such a joke, you can't but laugh. I have to say I'm really enjoying the misery the club is experiencing at the moment.

Carroll's dive just sums it all up; pathetic.

Terrible decisions from the officials.

Simpson should of been sent off at 0-0 with us getting a pen. Perch was embarrasing, as there was no contact.

I was all ready to accept that Liverpool played shite and Newcastle played well and deserved the win but Reina getting sent off has just pissed me off so much.

Terrible decisions from the officials.

Simpson should of been sent off at 0-0 with us getting a pen. Perch was embarrasing' date=' as there was no contact.[/quote']

Yeah that's it, spit your dummy out. Blame it on the officials and not the horrible mediocrity that makes up your team at the moment.

Both teams are exactly where they deserve to be, based on how they've played football and performed in the league.

Putting aside Kenny Dalglish's history with the club, Liverpool haven't played good football this season, the new players haven't come in and performed well, and the tactics haven't been right. In contrast, Newcastle have spent well and bought in two fantastic goalscorers in Ba and Cisse, whilst Cabaye has quietly got on with his work whilst receiving next to no praise. Cabaye and Tiote have run that midfield this season, which allows the likes of Ben Arfa (also been immense), Ba and Cisse to get on with it.

They've been a laughing stock for some time, but they've bounced back after relegation and are playing good football. On the other hand, Liverpool are spending big sums of money and are not getting into the top 4. Again.

Yeah that's it, spit your dummy out. Blame it on the officials and not the horrible mediocrity that makes up your team at the moment.

When did I blame the result on the officials? I pointed out 2 massive errors which cost us. I never once said that it was the only reason we lost.

2nd goal was tiny bit offside aswell.

ApZ8qNSCMAAP0YT.jpg

When did I blame the result on the officials? I pointed out 2 massive errors which cost us. I never once said that it was the only reason we lost.

2nd goal was tiny bit offside aswell.

ApZ8qNSCMAAP0YT.jpg

Oh come on, you heavily implied it ::shrug:

Yeah that second goal...I'm a bit confused at that too to be honest. I'm interested to hear their reasoning. I will say while Perch was completely melodramatic, the blame lies mainly with Reina for losing his rag in such a curious fashion. I'm pretty sure there was contact but I'll wait until I see the replay again. Silly stuff from both players.

whilst Cabaye has quietly got on with his work whilst receiving next to no praise.

I dunno about this bit mind, I often hear a good deal of praise for Why-aye Cabaye :heh:

I think part of the reason for our success at the moment is the simple team spirit they all seem to have when they play. The whole team works really well together even when they have to work around injuries and Pardew has worked a minor miracle to make all of this happen.

Both teams are exactly where they deserve to be, based on how they've played football and performed in the league.

Disagree. Many games this season we have been the better team and haven't got the result we deserved.

The main reason I hate Liverpool with a passion isn't anything to do with Carrol, Enrique or Daglish. It's because you have that horrible diving rat-cunt called Suarez playing for you.

Anyway I enjoyed the game today, I thought I was watching Comedy Centeral at one point.

Edited by Caris