NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Heard some interesting news about Marseille today...

Here.

Apparently with regards to the Bayern Munich Champions League battle Marseille face, the french league have decided it's ok to just delay the fixture the two european games would have bookended. What do people make of this? I think it seems pretty shocking...

Especially when apparently Bordeaux had asked for the same favour a couple of year back but were greeted with a big flat no.

Cheeky bastards. One CL fixture where I won't be rooting for the underdog I guess :heh:

I've not got a problem with that. Why shouldn't a country look after it's teams? It's about time the FA done something for the English teams in Europe if you ask me.

I've not got a problem with that. Why shouldn't a country look after it's teams? It's about time the FA done something for the English teams in Europe if you ask me.

Well because it apparently refused to do the same thing for Bordeaux. I guess it would be like the FA saying Spurs couldn't have this privilege and then a few years later allowing Liverpool/Man U to have it, and you know that would be bullshit. Plus, it's pretty unfair to Bayern Munich - even if they are massive favourites in the fixture in any case.

Well as long as from now on they keep the same standard then I don't see the problem. Bringing in that kind of policy has to start somewhere and if teams ask for it in the future then they should oblige. If not, then yes it is unfair.

It's not that unfair to Bayern though. German FA could do something similar.

Lots of countries do this kind of thing for their teams and do a lot of other things too such as a winter break!

Jesus united make me nervous at times.

Not convincing at times against Fulham at all. I thought Evans had a good game though, lost count the amount of times he blocked, tackled or cleared the ball in the match.

Also I gotta say, looks like Murphy should have got a penalty at the end.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Aye, definitely was a penalty at the end there.

I'm beginning to wonder what we do in terms of creating chances when Valencia isn't in the team. Lost count of how many times the ball got played out wide to him today for him to cross it. The man is a beast. All he needs is a left foot as good as his right, and he would be unplayable. Utterly.

We need to take more of our chances. Valencia should have triple the number of assists he has.

Jesus united make me nervous at times.

Not convincing at times against Fulham at all. I thought Evans had a good game though, lost count the amount of times he blocked, tackled or cleared the ball in the match.

Also I gotta say, looks like Murphy should have got a penalty at the end.

Yeah I thought we would not get the win and that was a penalty

Yeah defo penalty. Ref bottled it. Need to be brave and give those ffs.

Luckily for us he didn't. Shakey win, no final ball at all. If we go to City like that we got no chance. Need Arsenal to do us a favour and get a bit more daylight.

Need Nani and Cleverly back fit for the run in. Ando too.

Yeah, like dropping out the FA Cup one year?

Disgrace.

I saw that earlier, I had to shut it down fairly quickly. I knew otherwise I'd be lost for days.

Balotelli up to his crazy antics again...

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli has gatecrashed new Inter Milan boss Andrea Stramaccioni's first press conference, during a surprise visit to his ex-club.

The 21-year-old striker unexpectedly walked in, to laughter from the crowd, and shook hands with Stramaccioni, who exclaimed: "What a surprise!"

Balotelli had driven to the Serie A club's training ground in a Ferrari to greet his former team-mates.

Stramaccioni took over when Claudio Ranieri was sacked on Monday.

Balotelli entered the press room as Stramaccioni was being formally unveiled as Inter's new manager.

The striker shook his hand and those of other people at the top table before leaving, continuing his reputation for unpredictable antics.

Balotelli knows Stramaccioni, who has been promoted from youth team coach, from his time at the club.

Stramaccioni led the youth side to a win over Ajax in the NextGen Series final - an international tournament for youth teams - on Sunday.

Inter Milan dismissed former Chelsea boss Ranieri, who took charge at the San Siro in September last year, after only one win in their last 10 league matches.

Following Sunday's defeat by Juventus, Inter sit eighth in Serie A, 22 points behind their local rivals AC Milan, who top the table.

Inter were also knocked out of the Champions League at the last 16 stage by Marseille earlier this month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17530883

In other news! With a bit of luck Adam won't play again this season. :yay: Though Dalglish is defiant to rule him out just yet, the signs are promising.

Dude, that's low.

The thing with Charlie Adam, the team he was playing for made him seem better than he actually was. He was the leader at Blackpool, now that he's just another cog in the wheel of a bigger team, he's not performing to the standard expected of him. Not his fault really, if he really tried he may find he'll fit in eventually, but it'll all be down to him.

Though wishing serious injury on player, especially one of your own, isn't something to condone.

Though wishing serious injury on player, especially one of your own, isn't something to condone.

Tru dat. 10chars

He's a Liverpool player, i want him fit, no matter how good or bad he is. If King Kenny wants to play him, i'm fine with that, i trust King Kenny's judgement massively.

He's a Liverpool player, i want him fit, no matter how good or bad he is. If King Kenny wants to play him, i'm fine with that, i trust King Kenny's judgement massively.

Liverpool are in 7th and only have 42 points which is 3 points fewer than at the same point last season.

Shouldn't you be questioning "King" Kenny's judgement for that reason alone?

He'll secretly admit himself that we have underachieved this season, but there is always next season. I'm willing to wait, as i know you don't rebuild a squad in 1 transfer window.

He'll secretly admit himself that we have underachieved this season, but there is always next season. I'm willing to wait, as i know you don't rebuild a squad in 1 transfer window.

I'm sure AvB tried to tell that to Abramovich and failed :p

Id say Gillett and Hicks come pretty close

But they're not owners in football, they were owners. ;)

But yeh, they were the worst, by far.

But yeh, they were the worst, by far.

Peter Ridsdale says hello.