NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

God do I love watching us play this season. Another majestic performance from the lads today. Bale is simply an animal.

Yeah, a monkey.

tumblr_lbp54rnfXG1qcwiv3.jpg

Yeah, a monkey.

tumblr_lbp54rnfXG1qcwiv3.jpg

Oh I agree with that. What a monkey he is though.

Steam Train:

Edited by spirited away

They way I read on twitter last night that goal by Bale was meant to be a worldy. I see him run unopposed for 50 yards at two defenders who are as far apart as Southampton and Newcastle.

(I know, "you're Arsenal, you weren't ever going to say anything nice about", right?)

They way I read on twitter last night that goal by Bale was meant to be a worldy. I see him run unopposed for 50 yards at two defenders who are as far apart as Southampton and Newcastle.

(I know, "you're Arsenal, you weren't ever going to say anything nice about", right?)

It's not a worldy, it's just a good goal. Neat finish.

It's also quite funny watching that, that Zac Whitbread couldn't get across in time.

It's not a worldy, it's just a good goal. Neat finish.

It's also quite funny watching that, that Zac Whitbread couldn't get across in time.

Yeah it's a good run and finish. You can see there's a brief moment or two of hesitation from Whitbread by the time he's thought about it he can't get across in time. However both full backs have sold the centre halves short, no where to be seen.

Yeah it's a good run and finish. You can see there's a brief moment or two of hesitation from Whitbread by the time he's thought about it he can't get across in time. However both full backs have sold the centre halves short, no where to be seen.

Ade does a decent run to be fair. Drags one of them wide so he can run through the middle.

Heh, that song couldn't be more wrong about how many fans see him at the minute. Them Away Boyz and their terrible terrible lyrics.

Heh, that song couldn't be more wrong about how many fans see him at the minute. Them Away Boyz and their terrible terrible lyrics.

I know, I'm guessing it was just a piss-take by Arsenal fans?

Thierry on a 2-month loan; will he actually play?

Also, thought I'd mention a semi-interesting anecdote of today's events.

I went up to Beaconsfield with the family for a get-together with my mum's side of the family. We were booked into a lush old pub for a meal and happened to be sat next to Tim Lovejoy and his family (that's the less interesting bit). I then got talking to my 8 year old cousin and he was telling me about how he went to his best mate's uncle's house who happens to be a famous footballer. I asked him who this footballer is and he said "Dennis Wise". Pretty awesome.

Edited by spirited away

I know, I'm guessing it was just a piss-take by Arsenal fans?

Thierry on a 2-month loan; will he actually play?

Also, thought I'd mention a semi-interesting anecdote of today's events.

I went up to Beaconsfield with the family for a get-together with my mum's side of the family. We were booked into a lush old pub for a meal and happened to be sat next to Tim Lovejoy and his family (that's the less interesting bit). I then got talking to my 8 year old cousin and he was telling me about how he went to his best mate's uncle's house who happens to be a famous footballer. I asked him who this footballer is and he said "Dennis Wise". Pretty awesome.

The Away Boyz are basically an Arsenal tribute band, they take pop songs and cover them with Arsenal themed lyrics. Usually a bit over the top as the example shows. I mean there's one about Carlos Vela and how he's going to be the next big thing... Hype before they've made it etc.

Henry loan, I'll be happy if we get in a permanent striker as well. Talk of both Henry and Podolski coming in. Which would cover both Chamakh and Gervinho who leave for the African Cup of Nations very soon. I reckon Henry would get a shout from the bench and definitely play against Leeds if it's wrapped up by then.

Right, Arsenal have to win tomorrow. Can't accept anything less after the Liverpool win tonight giving them a better goal difference.

Haha United lost at home to Blackburn. Brilliant. How shit are the United fans as well? Pretty much a library for the last 15 minutes. Poor.

Pains me to say it, but fair play to Arsenal finishing the year in fourth after the shit start they had.

Edited by spirited away

An excellent day for Arsenal FC, Man United, Chelsea and Tottenham dropping points today, good to see us take 4th spot by the end of the year.

Great day for us Gooners, in the top 4 at new year. Time to turn the screw and get in the hunt.

Hey I just realised something with my foresight. The table now accurately reflects how the end of season table will look! Uncanny.

Hey I just realised something with my foresight. The table now accurately reflects how the end of season table will look! Uncanny.

Switch us around and you might be onto something. ;)

Happy New Year Football Threadians.

The game today is a result of what happens when you play a game of footie in the park, with your little sister and auntie in midfield, whilst the kid who can't tie up his shoelaces and drinks his own snot plays both centreback positions. A fucking disaster, if you will.

Terrible. They had something like 3 shots on target, and scored from all 3. The only good point about today is that Anderson looked decent when he came on, and that Berba managed to get on the scoresheet twice. Also, we are suddenly becoming very reliant on Valencia. Getting the ball to him and hoping that he picks out someone from a cross or ball into the box. Such a bad performance after the last few games.

Happy New Year. :(

The top teams and Spurs all still have to visit the Emirates, hopefully this will be a good thing.

Thought Arshavin had a decent game yesterday. He's not been at the races for a long time but with the sort of player he is, he's never going to be a factor if he's only getting one start here and there and is playing 15 minutes in any other game.

I absolutely can't wait to see us linked with so many world class players and end up with none for the next 30 days :heh:

FUCCCCCCCCCCCK. YESSSSSSSSSSS.

I was not expecting that at all. Was very happy for Sunderland to hold out for a draw. But to win it right at the end.

Aaaaaaah. Football, I love you again.

I feel slightly less shit about yesterday's game now. Only slightly, mind. Can't believe that. Premiership is mad.