NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Come on Ramar, i'd expect you to know that 2 little stats don't tell the whole story. :p

Carroll has had good games where he hasn't scored, and probably deserved to.

That's not even right, Carroll has scored 2 vs City, 1 vs Everton, 1 vs WBA, and one against Exeter.

I'm only using this seasons numbers. Stats don't show the whole picture, Torres has had some good games too. Even though he had that horrendous miss against United, he could have scored a hat trick that day.

To be fair I've not watched a whole lot of either of them, I'm only going on highlights and stats I'm afraid.

Holy ****. That was probably the most one-sided 3-1 you'll see this decade. We have Brad Friedel to thank for somehow winning that game.

7 wins and a draw in the last 8 league games. We have a real side here :).

A fun sporkle thing to do; Can you name all 45 teams to have appeared in the PL, in 8 mins?

I got 38/45, kicked myself for 4/5 of the ones I missed. I was 'away' from caring about the league for several years so I was never gonna get them all.

Great game. I got 44 within 6 minutes which surprised me on my knowledge!

2 minutes trying to think of the last one who had only done one season and just couldn't do it. Kicked myself when the answer was revealed!

Swindon

I would LOVE Spurs to win the league this year. They're really exciting atm and have been gradually building up to something big you feel for the last couple of seasons.

I don't think anyone would be unhappy to see them achieve a big trophy.

I would LOVE Spurs to win the league this year. They're really exciting atm and have been gradually building up to something big you feel for the last couple of seasons.

I would. I'd bloody hate it.

Steady on, what you been smoking?

haha ok! Well (as a neutral... although for some reason with a strong liking for the London clubs just as it happens!) I'd like to see something finally happen for them.

Be great to see Arsenal finish well too, but I feel their bad start may just prove too much for them to make up, with the form City are in (although they had a shakey weekend).

haha ok! Well (as a neutral... although for some reason with a strong liking for the London clubs just as it happens!) I'd like to see something finally happen for them.

Be great to see Arsenal finish well too, but I feel their bad start may just prove too much for them to make up, with the form City are in (although they had a shakey weekend).

Our realistic target will be 4th, and 3rd if we're lucky. If we keep everyone relatively fit throughout the season I see no reason why we can't finish above Chelsea. I see it being a close scrap for 3rd and 4th between the 3 London clubs, with Utd just ahead, and City on top. I really can't see Liverpool challenging for top 4 this season.

Our realistic target will be 4th, and 3rd if we're lucky. If we keep everyone relatively fit throughout the season I see no reason why we can't finish above Chelsea. I see it being a close scrap for 3rd and 4th between the 3 London clubs, with Utd just ahead, and City on top. I really can't see Liverpool challenging for top 4 this season.
Yeah I'd agree with that!

Though saying that, someones gonna have to come in a stop Newcastle at some point! :p Yes they'll gradually tire as the season goes on (you would think), but maybe the adrenaline and prospect of finishing Top 5 will be enough for them to hang on in there! Especially if they make a signing or two in the new year. Newcastle in Champions League qualification shocker?

Yeah I'd agree with that!

Though saying that, someones gonna have to come in a stop Newcastle at some point! :p Yes they'll gradually tire as the season goes on (you would think), but maybe the adrenaline and prospect of finishing Top 5 will be enough for them to hang on in there! Especially if they make a signing or two in the new year. Newcastle in Champions League qualification shocker?

They've got City, United and Chelsea next. :P

That'll do it! :p

Saying that though... where's Chelsea, home or away... you wouldn't bet against them surprising with a draw. Even against United there's potential for a draw if they believe enough, and with the way United have been playing lately!

Edited by Retro_Link

Chelsea and United really aren't playing well, so i wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle got points from those games. I'd expect City to beat them though. :p

I think the lack of a 20 goal striker will hurt Spurs. They have two players who potentially can do it but it's been a long time since either has and one will be off at the end of the season.

I firmly believe we can beat any team, we're finally able to field a strong side, with competition for places and we've still to get two of our best players back in Sagna and Wilshere. I'm not making any bold predictions but I generally LOL at people saying there's too much ground to be made up in November with 6 months of the season to go and still having to play the top side twice.

I'm also still wondering HOW IN THE BLUE HELL did Robin van Persie not get a nomination for the Ballon d'Or? I'm failing to see how Wayne Rooney did and van Persie didn't. What more has he got to do?

I think the lack of a 20 goal striker will hurt Spurs. They have two players who potentially can do it but it's been a long time since either has and one will be off at the end of the season.

I firmly believe we can beat any team, we're finally able to field a strong side, with competition for places and we've still to get two of our best players back in Sagna and Wilshere. I'm not making any bold predictions but I generally LOL at people saying there's too much ground to be made up in November with 6 months of the season to go and still having to play the top side twice.

I'm also still wondering HOW IN THE BLUE HELL did Robin van Persie not get a nomination for the Ballon d'Or? I'm failing to see how Wayne Rooney did and van Persie didn't. What more has he got to do?

Play for Man United? :p

If Van Persie gets injured (which he just will) you're going to struggle.

If Van Persie gets injured (which he just will) you're going to struggle.

They same can be said for any team, If Silva gets injured for City, they'd be a different proposition entirely. Robin van Persie's been free of serious injuries for basically a year, he isn't more susceptible to injuries than anyone else, he's just had whole lot of bad luck. I'll live in the present, if van Persie was to get injured, we'll deal with it then, no point in theorising how we'll do based on something that could or could not happen because "he just will"

They same can be said for any team, If Silva gets injured for City, they'd be a different proposition entirely. Robin van Persie's been free of serious injuries for basically a year, he isn't more susceptible to injuries than anyone else, he's just had whole lot of bad luck. I'll live in the present, if van Persie was to get injured, we'll deal with it then, no point in theorising how we'll do based on something that could or could not happen because "he just will"

What I mean to say is, he's your best player by a country mile. He carries your team more than any individual in the league in my opinion - hasn't he scored like half of your goals? Not saying you're a bad team without him, I just think you've got no spark in his absence.

If Silva gets injured Nasri will slot in.

Also, not having a 20 goal a season striker will not hurt us when we have so many players in our team that can score. Our strikers scored shit all last season and yet we managed. VDV, Defoe, Bale and Ade are all capable of reaching 10+ by the end of the season.

Edited by spirited away

What I mean to say is, he's your best player by a country mile. He carries your team more than any individual in the league in my opinion - hasn't he scored like half of your goals? Not saying you're a bad team without him, I just think you've got no spark in his absence.

If Silva gets injured Nasri will slot in.

We'd couldn't replace him, that's clear but it would be time for someone else to step up and take their chance. Before last season, no one would have really though van Persie would be as lethal as he has been, or arguably the best striker in Europe*. It does help our case somewhat that we only play one up front, so don't need to carry too many extra strikers but I think Theo could do a job up front and Park looks decent and Chamakh does have the ability to be a leading striker, just needs to discover the form, which he'd probably do if given an extended run if RVP was out.

*Obviously not counting Messi. Clearly he's not human, so would be a bit unfair to count him.

If Suárez got injured, i would really worry about our attack. I believe he is already our most important player, along with Reina and Gerrard.

I'm working for the under 19's match against denmark tomorrow night, so I guess I'm looking... forward... to it...!

Yaaaaay! Who else is looking forward to the Internationals on the weekend? :heh:

I'm looking forward to the following Thursday when I know who has made it through a bunch of pointless friendlies unscathed.

Yaaaaay! Who else is looking forward to the Internationals on the weekend? :heh:

For the first time in a while I'm quite looking forward to the games. Firstly because we get to see Spain in all their free flowing glory and secondly I've managed to score free tickets to the Sweden game by schmoozing the boss.