NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

5 mins and we'll see ... dammit I try and predict things and telly tells me instead.

Was gonna say we'll see the yellow-carded taken off, possibly.

Cue reports praising Man Utd for a brave and spirited performance. When we were slated for a very similar game.

Cue reports praising Man Utd for a brave and spirited performance. When we were slated for a very similar game.

I'll be surprised if we see one report stating that. I'm expecting mostly "dull" or something.

Lindergaard looked good when he was given something to do. Don't think he could do much about the goal, as it was a good finish.

That performance reminded me of how we played last season. It also shows how things definitely needed changing. Particularly in that midfield.

All I came out of that game was a desire to go hunt down some giggs youtube genius... But as for the rest of the performance? That perhaps the united squad isn't as deep as fergie would like, that despite there being a good bunch of youth that are relatively experienced, there isn't enough 'flair' going on.

Overall I don't get to watch full games often, and MOTD highlights spoil me - 1-0 like that is duuull.

All I came out of that game was a desire to go hunt down some giggs youtube genius... But as for the rest of the performance? That perhaps the united squad isn't as deep as fergie would like, that despite there being a good bunch of youth that are relatively experienced, there isn't enough 'flair' going on.

Overall I don't get to watch full games often, and MOTD highlights spoil me - 1-0 like that is duuull.

Well, it was Benfica away and it's the first start for quite a few of those players in the first Champions League game. Also, 8 changes from the team that won last week. How many other teams can make 8 changes, go away in Europe and get a draw against Benfica? It's probably our hardest group game out of the way now.

Not a great performance, but I doubt we're going to see that midfield play together again this season, in the league anyway.

I think there's plenty of reasons to be excusing that man u didn't win, for sure -- ramar says that arsenal had a similar performance but were slated. I think the difference is that currently a performance like man u just displayed is easier to forgive; it's easier to see man u performing better and offering more on the return leg.

Having said that, I've not seen the arsenal game :P

I think there's plenty of reasons to be excusing that man u didn't win, for sure -- ramar says that arsenal had a similar performance but were slated. I think the difference is that currently a performance like man u just displayed is easier to forgive; it's easier to see man u performing better and offering more on the return leg.

Having said that, I've not seen the arsenal game :P

Oh yeah, it's easier to forgive because it was pretty much a second string, which consisted of a different midfield to the one that has been playing together this season) The Arsenal match contains a different set of circumstances, the team were winning for a start before conceding a late goal, being one of them. Ultimately, both games could have been won but the teams have to settle for draws. It's not really a devastating result for either team.

Yeah indeed. I think both will see their way through their respective groups relatively unscathed.

Just a bit odd not seeing man u score a bajillion goals. Nice to see Man city imitating united again :P Srsly - this season will truly kick off once man u vs man c happens.

Yeah indeed. I think both will see their way through their respective groups relatively unscathed.

Just a bit odd not seeing man u score a bajillion goals. Nice to see Man city imitating united again :P Srsly - this season will truly kick off once man u vs man c happens.

Well, we left Nani on the bench and Young out of the side altogether. Those two have been useful with assists and chipping in with goals. Also, Hernandez on the bench, too, so Rooney by himself. The worrying thing is that I'm not sure who is best suited to partner Anderson in midfield, because nobody seemed to be making the runs forward or playing high up the pitch like Cleverley was.

The game against City will be hard. Aguero, Dzeko and Silva are all in great form. We're going to have to defend really well to keep them out. :hmm:

Cavani is brilliant. Scored like 33 goals last season.

The Man United loving on ITV was ridiculous. Benfica would carve them open and they'd praise Smalling for a piss easy clearance, so annoying. I thought Benfica were good, good solid team, might pull of a shock in the last 16.

Bayern start off well with a 2-0 win, think they'll top Group A with Citeh and Napoli fighting over 2nd.

I really don't like ITV's commentary. It genuinely adds to the dullness of games, and frequently filled with bias. No enthusiasm and just... blinkered commentary.

To be fair, I can't remember teh name of the MOTD commentator, but he's the one that's always saying "he should've done better" or "he should've saved it" or "he should've scored" -- he often seems almost asleep when commentating. Totally ruins the atmosphere.

Kinda hard watching United going from scoring 5 on the weekend and struggling to create a proper chance today. Tbf, Carrick, Giggs, Fletcher, Park and Valencia had their first proper starts of the season!

I really don't like ITV's commentary. It genuinely adds to the dullness of games, and frequently filled with bias. No enthusiasm and just... blinkered commentary.

ITV's coverage, on the whole, is pretty poor. Why they have Adrian Chiles fronting their football I do not know. He's got nothing to do with football whatsoever. Any time it's about to cut to a break or returns from one he'll try and crack a joke about whatever is on the screen at the time.

The BBC's coverage is by far the best; the dream team of Gary Linekar, Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson or Alan Shearer is great. All of them know what they're talking about and they all talk a lot of sense and properly analyse what's been going on.

Sky Sports is much much better now Gray and Keys have left. I think Jamie Redknapp is a really good pundit and one of my favourites at the moment is actually Neil McCann. He really knows what he's talking about - I would imagine that a lot of you guys down South won't have seen much of him as he tends to only do the Scottish games!

You can't be serious about Shearer, he's the worst analyst ever

You've seen Robbie Savage yes?

I love Paul Merson, you always get the feeling he's just rolled out of bed before going live. Doesn't mince his woods either.

Kinda hard watching United going from scoring 5 on the weekend and struggling to create a proper chance today. Tbf, Carrick, Giggs, Fletcher, Park and Valencia had their first proper starts of the season!

United are always defensive and crap in Europe. Stopped watching them in Europe recently.

You can't be serious about Shearer, he's the worst analyst ever

He's really grown since last Summer at the World Cup. I didn't think he was good then at all but now what he says is all pretty good.

Arsenal have started a facebook app called Build a Banner, basically you build a banner to go inside the stadium and then people vote for ones they like. I'm guessing popular ones the club like then get made into banners for the stadium. The one I made is currently fourth with 24 votes. Bit happy with that, considering it took a minute to knock up.

Same old Arsenal today, great first half and then throw it away in the second, 2 own goals...Doesn't happen often in the Premier League, one can truly start to worry how we can salvage anything this campaign, it's the worst in recent memory yet somehow we aren't in the relegation zone, count your blessings for that one.

I put my banker bonus on Arsenal to win 2-0 today (for I know the score). Along with a few other results turning out really differently, I'm -50 for this week.

Also, I've decided to ditch Ramsey from my fantasy team. Arsenal have caused me nothing but trouble this season. :heh: First Wilshere getting injured, then the team not getting points.

They were awful today, mind. Defensively, all over the place. What's new.

I put my banker bonus on Arsenal to win 2-0 today (for I know the score). Along with a few other results turning out really differently, I'm -50 for this week.

Also, I've decided to ditch Ramsey from my fantasy team. Arsenal have caused me nothing but trouble this season. :heh: First Wilshere getting injured, then the team not getting points.

They were awful today, mind. Defensively, all over the place. What's new.

I also put them for a 2-0 win! With banker bonus. :nono: Curse you gooners.

Today should be a great day for football. Celtic v Rangers, Tottenham v Liverpool and then Man United v Chelsea!