NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Tottenham are being destroyed by City. There's no other word for it. Total destruction.

4-0. Away. Dzeko with a hat-trick. Fucking hell.

Tottenham are being destroyed by City. There's no other word for it. Total destruction.

4-0. Away. Dzeko with a hat-trick. Fucking hell.

Chants of "Easy, Easy!" ringing round the stadium as well, Tottenham bottom on goal difference as it stands. Seems no matter how bad Arsenal do we still beat Spurs, granted they'll have played a game less after the United game.

EDIT: Kabul scores a goal back, way too late to change the result though.

Arsenal team to play Manchester United

Szczesny

Jenkinson - Djourou - Koscielny - Traore

Coquelin - Ramsey - Walcott - Rosicky - Arshavin

Van Persie.

No Vermaelen & Sagna in defence, not good.

Who is Coquelin?

Edited by lostmario

Man City won 5-1. Dam that Spurs goal. My fantasy team would have kicked ass otherwise.

Still, I have 3 players left including my captain, Rooney. Man U bailed me out last week so let's hope they can do it again :heh:

Edited by ipaul

Considering the way the season has started and how poor Tottenham and Arsenal have been so far, as well as Chelsea to a certain extent, I'm starting to feel really good about Liverpool's chances of grabbing a Champion's League spot this season :smile:

The Manchester sides look like they would be difficult to overtake for the top spots, though..

Lovely goals from Young and Rooney and another for Wellbeck, who sadly pulled up with when looked like a torn hamstring. De Gea did well with the (not so great) penalty, although he then let Walcott's effort in through his legs. Still not convinced by him but he is only 20 so he's still got a lot to learn.

Arshavin is lucky to still be on the pitch.

Arshavin is lucky to still be on the pitch.

Arshavin is lucky to even make it onto the pitch in the first place.. he just doesn't seem to care ::shrug:

Did Tony Cascarino really just say on Sky Sports News that Traore was "having a holocaust"? The presenter immediately apologised, but you can't say that on tv.

Oh dear!

Did Tony Cascarino really just say on Sky Sports News that Traore was "having a holocaust"? The presenter immediately apologised, but you can't say that on tv.

Oh dear!

It'll end up on YouTube, no doubt, so I'm sure I'll see it at some point :eek: Next he'll be saying Arsenal are crumbling like the Twin Towers.. which they are :shakehead

Watching this provokes similar feelings to seeing your girlfriend doing your best mate.

On a positive note, this is the first time we've scored two goals in a league game at old trafford since 1984 #noconsolationatall

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, YYYYEEESSSSS. Fantastic game, loved every second of it. Top of the league!

I feel sorry for Ramar going to the match and having to experience that. You away fans did us proud.

We're a laughing stock and that's all due to mismanagement this summer. 3 days to get in new signings or we're going to struggle badly with this squad.

Man City won 5-1. Dam that Spurs goal. My fantasy team would have kicked ass otherwise.

Still, I have 3 players left including my captain, Rooney. Man U bailed me out last week so let's hope they can do it again :heh:

tumblr_kus47rQYgS1qzstsy.jpg

Was not expecting that at all...8-2?! Fuckkk. I thought we'd win with a 2 goal margin, but that was incredible.

Not going to gloat because Arsenal are going through a horrible time at the moment. But here's something to think about...

Ashley Young - 2 amazing goals and 3 assists

David De Gea - a vital penalty save with the game at 1-0 and about 4 or 5 top class saves before and after

Phil Jones - Incredible performance at centre-back.

That's what you get when you re-invest in the squad, Arsene.:hmm:

Also, the average age of that United team that started today was 23. Tom Cleverley was outstanding again, as was Ashley Young.

I thought Ramsey (and probably Van Persie) looked like the only Arsenal players interested today. I'm starting to think Arsene will go.:hmm:

I do actually feel quite sorry for Arsenal. I hope Wenger can manage to turn things around and get into Europe this season....but it's so hard to see that happening right now.

I do actually feel quite sorry for Arsenal. I hope Wenger can manage to turn things around and get into Europe this season....but it's so hard to see that happening right now.

I feel sorry for the fans, mostly. However, I feel it's really cruel on most of the players that played today, including the likes of Ramsey, because they're being sent out there to the slaughter. This is a United team that finished top of the league last year and made the Champions League Final. Actually no...this is an improved United team on that.

What the hell was Wenger thinking? Why did he play such a high line and why weren't the players closing down quickly enough? It happened right from the first minute.

Also, the scary thing is that although United scored 5 goals in that second half, I don't think our play was anywhere near as great as in the first. Cleverley and Anderson were running the game. I can't remember the last time United played 4-4-2 and totally dominated a game.

Great game. Very poor Arsenal side with players missing but not forgetting we had players out too.

Our youngsters are just incredible at the moment, full of confidence. What a great reply to Citeh's earlier win against Spurs. 8-2 against Arsenal. Love it.

Shame Wellbeck pulled the hammy as he is flying at the moment and I'm sure would have been called up to the England squad.

I was watching the Man U-Arsenal match at the local. During half time (score at 3-1), the bar staff announced a raffle: anyone who entered and correctly predicted the final score would have a chance of winning a £50 bar tab. Five minutes before the end (score at 7-2), they announced on the tannoy that one person had predicted 7-2. He swore at the top of his voice when Man U scored again in stoppage time!