NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

At least you're not Newcastle.

You've signed the skills that is Gabriel Obertan.

he impressed in reserves for united, but call him to the first team and he fluffed up.

I Hope he doesn't turn into another Pique, Rossi, Forlan. A player who fulfils his true potential when he's gone from United.

That Cabaye is a decent player, think he will do well. Barton (if he stays), Cabaye and Tiote is a decent midfield.

free transfers up till the weekend :) I didn't lose any points :)

Hooray!

Fucking Ramsey. Ok, how many points do you lose when your fantasy team player scores an own goal?

Fucking Ramsey. Ok, how many points do you lose when your fantasy team player scores an own goal?

Loooaaaaaaaaaads.

lol About 4?

Also, I can't believe Suarez. As soon as I swap a player for someone else, he scores a goal. Frustrating. :(

Enrique, Downing and Suarez captain in my team. Will get 9 from Enrique at least, and 10 from Suarez. 3 from Downing aswell.

Happy with the win, we didn't play amazingly good, just did what we needed to win against a poor Arsenal side. If Vermaelen wasn't playing it could of got embarrassing for them. He was superb.

Typical, considering the team we fielded, we were pretty comfortable, neither side doing anything extraordinary. Sending off changed the game and then a goal you can't legislate for. Scoreline absolutely flattered Liverpool and i'll leave it at that.

Another injury to a defender is the icing on the cake.

Typical, considering the team we fielded, we were pretty comfortable, neither side doing anything extraordinary. Sending off changed the game and then a goal you can't legislate for. Scoreline absolutely flattered Liverpool and i'll leave it at that.

Another injury to a defender is the icing on the cake.

Flattered us? We controlled the game overall. I'd say we were deserving of the win. Did Arsenal actually have a clear opportunity? Enrique was absolute class today, MotM easily.

Flattered us? We controlled the game overall. I'd say we were deserving of the win. Did Arsenal actually have a clear opportunity? Enrique was absolute class today, MotM easily.

Arsenal has more shots on goal. Clear opportunity? van Persie had the best chance of the match. Liverpool didn't offer anything apart from one header from Carroll in the first half. I'm not for a second saying Arsenal deserved to win but neither did Liverpool, they never looked like scoring until the sending off.

Was that RVP chance the one were Arshavin got away with a clear foul on Kelly? :heh:

Was that RVP chance the one were Arshavin got away with a clear foul on Kelly? :heh:

Ref doesn't give it, then it's a not foul.

As JonSt says sending off changed the game, right decision from the ref. Frimpong had a good game otherwise which is a shame.

We played poor, were unlucky (possible offside for the first goal), squad is too thin. 11 days to turn it around Arsene or we're in for a very long season.

Hah, never. Arshavin couldn't push an anorexic off the ball, let alone a guy like Kelly, I think a bit of play acting involved there.

Just typed a fairer assessment on another site I visit, might as well share it here:

I think it was a fairly even game until Frimpong got himself sent off. I thought he was solid, but two moments of stupidity let him down, I think Wenger is right that inexperience let him down.

But at 11 v 10, Liverpool put us to the sword and deserved the win.

Today highlights even more frailties in the squad, with new injury and disciplinary concerns. Wenger has possibly the most crucial 10 days in his Arsenal career. We need at least 4 players and to try and get Nasri on a new deal. Otherwise we might be playing Thursday night football next year.

Edited by Ramar

Fantasy league...I had Vorm on the bench. Gah. Oh well, only two of my players have played today and I have 12 points. I'm alright with that.

I was at the the Arsenal/Liverpool match yesterday. both were crap. :p

As was I and you're wrong. kthxbai :grin:

For me the whole thing was lazy and dull. :heh: No spark to the match at all.

Frimpong was amusing.

The two goals were so lame as well.

I'm just disappointed that I've never seen Arsenal win when I've seen them play.

I'm just disappointed that I've never seen Arsenal win when I've seen them play.

You're a bad omen! :grin: I jest. I had a cracking unbeaten record when I started to go regular. Never saw us lose at Highbury.

I agree we had a lack of spark at times, but I think crap was a harsh judgement. Hopefully Wenger has enough time to address the obvious issues in the squad.

Actually felt really sorry for Wenger during the match and in the interview afterwards. It looked like he wanted to burst into tears.

He must also feel let down by his team, especially when he's giving starts to youngsters like Frimpong and Gervinho, who then go and get themselves sent off in consecutive weeks. I imagine he's tearing his hair out.

And now one of what seemed our main transfer targets, Mata, is going to chelsea.

Getting a little bit frustrated. From what I understand, we can pay the transfer fees but not the extortionate wages. :(

In my opinion it's his own fault. He's been needing to sign some experience for years and its really showing over the last season and the start of this season. He left it too long to sign Mata and missed his release clause. Rumours are he's bid £23M for Hazard which is a step in the right direction. I think that Arsenal need another 4 good players. A centre back, left back (I don't think Gibbs is good enough yet), a central midfielder and winger/forward.

From what I've read in the papers it's down to Wenger himself that he doesn't want to pay the high wages too, the board are happy paying them. He doesn't want to break his wage structure which is why Nasri is most likely leaving.