NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Everton's pre-season line-up? First Bury, then we're off to the States for a couple of games there, before coming home to play against League 2 side Oxford United. =D

Leicester City? skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_6925405,00.html

fml

you want a fml?! at least your tour of US can't go as bad as pompey's did last year. We only had 13 players and they had to travel mostly by bus because of no money for the plane! good times!

In transfer news....we've signed David Norris and are being linked Bikey. So depressing wasn't that long ago we had James, Johnson, Defoe, Crouch all playing for England and even in one match had the most players from any team on the pitch. Now I'm getting excited that we've released 10 players to free up wages to sign any old mercenary that will sign for us.

Oh, Flameboy. That is sad times.

Here is something to cheer you up. The German Under-20 women's football team has posed for Playboy.

One word: FAP.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/865966-german-u-20-womens-team-pose-for-playboy-ahead-of-world-cup-finals

There's a video. I recommend.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

They are way more attractive than some of the munters that play for England women's!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

They are way more attractive than some of the munters that play for England women's!

I know! Good bless Die Motherland.

Like I mentioned in my edit, Selina Wagner....HOT. :o

Fellas. please. My eyes.

In other news Newcastle seem to be strengthening themselves with a few cheeky captures, also seem to be willing to let Alan Smith out who has one eye on Leeds (wages permitting) along with fellow old boy Woodgate. All the time Luka seems set on Chelsea now as he doesn't want to leave London. Also how does NE feel about Wembley 2013? Might as well start saving now if the tickets are going to be as ludicrously expensive again. Feeling UEFA might just be in it for FA money, once you start digging into UEFA and FIFA is it amazing the amount of greed before football taking place.

Oh, Flameboy. That is sad times.

Here is something to cheer you up. The German Under-20 women's football team has posed for Playboy.

One word: FAP.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/865966-german-u-20-womens-team-pose-for-playboy-ahead-of-world-cup-finals

There's a video. I recommend. Selina Wagner is hot. :o

Best post in a football thread ever!

Selina Wagner sure is all kinds of hotness!!!

you want a fml?! at least your tour of US can't go as bad as pompey's did last year. We only had 13 players and they had to travel mostly by bus because of no money for the plane! good times!

In transfer news....we've signed David Norris and are being linked Bikey. So depressing wasn't that long ago we had James, Johnson, Defoe, Crouch all playing for England and even in one match had the most players from any team on the pitch. Now I'm getting excited that we've released 10 players to free up wages to sign any old mercenary that will sign for us.

We've been a Prem team for a much longer time, longer than any other team actually, and all we can afford are players from the the lower leagues, or obscure unheard-of players with dodgy barnets from abroad (rumours now about Mustafi Amini). And if aaaaany other team were interested, we'd stand little chance. :p

I doubt we'll sign anyone decent this season, either. We're in the same situation as you - we'd have to offload somebody.. Rodwell, or Arteta, or maybe even Baines .. before we could afford somebody decent. It's so depressing - it's a miracle that we manage to finish so high each season.

gtfo Kenwright :bouncy:

What are your expectations for the season Roostophe? Bit difficult to judge when we've no clue of the managers plan yet, but I'm expecting we'll finish around 10th. I can't see us improving our squad considerably and with the likes of Newcastle quietly amassing very strong squads, I think it's going to be a tough job to compete for the European spots.

I'm not expecting even a whiff of the Europa League places. Even if we lose Young and Downing our squad is still above half-decent and it depends how quickly McLeish and the players gel together.

I'm crossing my fingers that we don't get a crippling injury crisis at any point of the season.

On the subject of Villa, I totally agree with you about these idiotic fans.

"i'll burn all my Villa stuff if he comes"

I was embarrassed when Sky Sports News showed Liverpool fans burning a Torres top, do they realise they're burning the badge of the club they supposedly love? They're basically saying, that person is bigger than my club, which is pathetic and makes the fans look like morons, which obviously doesn't apply to all Villa/Liverpool fans.

If Alex Ferguson went to manage Liverpool would the same happen? (obviously a ridiculous situation. Would be amazing if he was just the biggest troll ever, giving united the highest league title count then taking it back :p )

If Alex Ferguson went to manage Liverpool would the same happen? (obviously a ridiculous situation. Would be amazing if he was just the biggest troll ever, giving united the highest league title count then taking it back :p )

I'd oppose it more than words can describe since I despise the man, but I wouldn't start setting fire to things.

He'd never put the King out of a job anyway.:p

OMG the Germans are HOT!!!

I suppose asking for bigger boobs would cause issues with their footballing skills.

Anyhow, i see that newcastle signed the winger we were after. Some say he failed a medical. He is denying it. If he did then Newcastle are taking a risk on him and Ba!

Could come back and bite them!

Edited by mike-zim

That Marveaux(sp), yeh he's suppose to be very injury prone, there's rumours he failed a medical with us.

Pretty nuts, everything was pointing towards Hiddink being appointed in the next few days and then this comes out. I was hoping that Villas-Boas would stay at Porto for a couple of years and create a bit more history there. I'll be glad to have him in the Premier League though, he is a fantastic manager and a great personality and will surely be a success at Chelsea, whether or not he reaches the levels of success that Abramovich is looking for is another story.

How long before this one fails to win the Champions League and gets sacked?

2 years, I reckon.

I'm not sure why any manager would want the Chelsea job apart from the money

Two League titles and a trophy in every season - sacked

European Cup final - sacked

Win the Double one year, nothing the next - sacked

Ferguson and Wenger wouldn't have survived under that ownership :)

I think you answered your own question there, afterall this is football we're talking about. Money matters.

Two League titles and a trophy in every season - sacked

European Cup final - sacked

Win the Double one year, nothing the next - sacked

Ferguson and Wenger wouldn't have survived under that ownership :)

Nobody would have. Because it's not possible to win everything all of the time. Nobody can do that.

Ferguson and Wenger have only survived this long because they have a good board behind them. They know that these managers can bring success and results. They have faith in the manager.

I feel sorry for Carlo Ancelotti and Mourinho when he was there (or even Avram Grant). They did the best they could, but there's too much interference back stage. It's a farce. The manager doesn't control the team, Abramovich does.

Anybody who takes that job is either really brave, really needs the money, or is really foolish. They made a massive mistake in getting rid of Carlo anyway. He's a decent bloke.

Chelsea have alot to do in the next year or so. The squad needs a major rehaul, so many old guys in there. Next year they have to deal with the new financial rules. Not 100% sure of them, but I know it will stop teams like Chavski and Citeh buying their squads, they'll have to develop players, which neither have done really in the past few years.

well it affects Liverpool and Man Utd as well which is why both sides have just paid over the odds for two relatively inexperienced players this summer

well it affects Liverpool and Man Utd as well which is why both sides have just paid over the odds for two relatively inexperienced players this summer

But their income is alot more than those two, due to them having much bigger fanbases. So they'll be allowed to spend more. Plus they both develop their own, last week Guardiola said Liverpool have the best academy bar themselves. We have alot of top young players.

But their income is alot more than those two, due to them having much bigger fanbases. So they'll be allowed to spend more. Plus they both develop their own, last week Guardiola said Liverpool have the best academy bar themselves. We have alot of top young players.

Nail on the head there. United won't really suffer and both them and Liverpool must pay more now for the top English talent with new rules regarding numbers of domestic players coming in the next few years. If anything Liverpool with strengthen considerably as Chelsea and Man City suffer from a lack on income, particularly foreign income. Even Arsenal have stopped their usual Austrian training camp to look for Asian money.

In the next few years you can expect the reemergence of the likes of bayern munich and juventus as big spenders as they will benefit most from these rules. Of course no one can really know what will happen in the next few years and the rate of change will determine a lot of the affect.

Right, I've agreed too much with a liverpool fan for my liking now. Time to get back to BBQ shopping.

Chelsea have alot to do in the next year or so. The squad needs a major rehaul, so many old guys in there. Next year they have to deal with the new financial rules. Not 100% sure of them, but I know it will stop teams like Chavski and Citeh buying their squads, they'll have to develop players, which neither have done really in the past few years.

Had to add something regarding this as well: Shocking, their last player through who has really made an impact was Terry. Over ten years ago. They do buy plenty of young talent but as results are demanded immediate no manager has time to 'waste' with developing them and must go with established, now ageing players.

Edit : Merge.