NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Razz

Iran's Moral Police

article-1386364-0C05363100000578-36_468x689.jpg

Lesson: extreme cultures should keep to themselves? I mean, I'm all for coexisting peacefully with and accepting people of all cultures/mindsets/shapes/sizes etc., but in cases like this, it seems impossible. Their (extreme) ideas are just too ingrained, and when you bring vandalism and possibly violence into it, it's not acceptable.

We've got to be very careful this doesn't happen here. Don't let anyone tell you it's racist - these zealots will try to control all of us, whatever our race.

That'd be pretty difficult: suffering from lunacy isn't a race.

Anyway; I'm pretty sure this would be the act of Muslims, though a close second would be "Feminazis", especially because of all this "pimping" kids nonsence.

A thrid would be someone trying to cause trouble: Reichstag Fire style.

Forth might be an anti-skinny campaigner; the model looks like she could do with a bit of cake.

A kid (or adult) just having a laugh/being a nob would be drawing mustaches, nobs or other things.

To the OP: Yep, it's stupid to police fashion in an effort to curb a culture you dislike. For another side of the same coin look at European countries banning the burka. It'll just lead to needless animosity and persecution.

I don't see how the two are comparable really. A necklace is harmless, allowing people to cover their faces in public creates all sorts of security problems. It would be like allowing people to cover up the license plates on their cars. I'm all for allowing people to dress as they like, but there are limits to every freedom.

I don't see how the two are comparable really. A necklace is harmless, allowing people to cover their faces in public creates all sorts of security problems. It would be like allowing people to cover up the license plates on their cars. I'm all for allowing people to dress as they like, but there are limits to every freedom.

It's not different in terms of the reasons of targetting:

Only Burka type gear is banned in France

Only "Western" gear is banned in Iran

Neither have anything to do with direct practical reasons.

France is supposedly to be a bastion of Liberty.;)

Edit: It still isn't :heh:

Edited by Kurtle Squad

It's not different in terms of the reasons of targetting:

Only Burka type gear is banned in France

Only "Western" gear is banned in Iran

Neither have anything to do with direct practical reasons.

France is supposedly to be a bastion of Liberty.;)

France bans all face coverings, not just Burkas. You can't wear a ski mask in public either.

original.gif

God I miss Mad Men already...

Anyway.

I'm not really surprised by this.

This is Iran.

Although the struggle between Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Ali Khamenei is fascinating to watch.

France bans all face coverings, not just Burkas. You can't wear a ski mask in public either.

:eek: I was misled by the British media? :hmm: It was bound to happen to such a large extent to me sooner-or-later; at least I'll learn for the future to require to be even more scrutinous of their shite.

I never realised they'd stoop so blatently low.

Edited by Kurtle Squad

I kind of like some of the crazy anti-religious shit France pulls.

Sign in to follow this