NEurope
ReZourceman

999 (Old TV Show)

Completely deserves its own thread. Post your "favourite" clips!

The first one on this episode is utterly terrifying.

I loved that show as a kid, don't think I ever saw that episode though. Truly terrifying, I'm amazed at the outcome of it all.

I was thinking that when watching it. Almost as amazing as the rescues is the ability to turn a siren into an awesome piece of music.

(I nearly died in this bad boy. Tree came through my window and next to my cott)

Definite nightmare stuff when I was a kid.

Don't really have anything else to say.

Yes. :D

I used to watch this all the time. scary.

The theme tune has brought back long suppressed night terrors.

(I nearly died in this bad boy. Tree came through my window and next to my cott)

That explains a lot!

Holy shit, that was terrifying to watch.

I wish the BBC would pay for this to return, it was a classic show to watch. Some of the calls are terrifying to watch, especially them two.

This used to give me nightmares :(

damn right...

might watch a few episodes on youtube to remind myself. Might not be so scary any more.

If anything its more scary. :p

I remember this being my favourite TV show when younger (sadistic?)

However, one really really shit me up. If anyone remembers - that one about that chick who was in a Jacuzzi, went under and her hair got tangled in the bottom. :/

I remember one where a woman got her hair stuck in a pool filter and drowned, and she looked exactly like my mum. I was scarred for years.

One particular episode I remember was when a girl got attacked by bees /wasps and they were covering her whole body. I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand time. They just don't make TV as good as they used to.

I remember a couple of ones... one was a kid who was trying to climb over a railing and slipped and it stabbed his jaw. I just imagined having a spike pierce through the bottom of your mouth. Horrible.

And another one where some kid was suffocating because he got buried in a sand pit or something lol. The re-enactment had some guy fingering sand out of a kids mouth... that image apparently stayed with me =\

If anything its more scary. :p

I remember this being my favourite TV show when younger (sadistic?)

However, one really really shit me up. If anyone remembers - that one about that chick who was in a Jacuzzi, went under and her hair got tangled in the bottom. :/

Aaaah! How did I not see your post! That's the one I meant. I cried for hours thinking my mum had died. Then being elated when she wasn't, then still crying at the horror. That program was strong shit.

Wha? This wasn't scary. Strange but True was scary.

Yes! I remember one on a boat that freaked me out lol

Oh, shit, I both loved and hated shows like that. They were incredibly exciting, but also endlessly frightening when they were on at night.

Fucking right. I'll never forget one where this one girl was posessed and they made her have a little bit of water in her mouth, not to swallow it and sellotaped her lips so "she" couldn't talk...

Man, looking back on this show is hilarious. Don't get me wrong most of the stories are pretty amazing, but the first one just made me think of:

Also there is something very Alan Partridge about Michael Burke's presenting.

Remember watching this in school and it was the sports day one where a kid got a javelin through his neck (tame by 999 standards). Anyway a lad threw up on the floor got jelly legs and fainted in the class.

We never got to watch anymore in school as the teacher got a rollicking.

Amazing TV show though that made you shit your 9-yr old kecks.