NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

I don't know man, pretty makes up for a lot of things :heh:

Haha, no doubt : D

Mate, there's no reason she has to like games whatsoever. She might not like them but if she's a good girl she'll respect that you do like them.

Exactly.

You have no experience of relationships so don't bother imagining what it'd be like' date=' and don't let those [b']imaginations [/b]stop anything from happening. Don't make up these stupid excuses.

Yep. I realised when writing the previous replies here that all these speculations and analyses are pretty much worth nothing. All they do is create imaginary criteria for people, i.e. stop you from actually meeting anyone as they are, because you have some ridiculous ideal in mind. "The women / man I want has to be something like this, they have to have the following hobbies, they have to like this and that, they have to look like X," and so forth. Totally disconnected from reality, filtering people out because they don't fit your incredibly detailed mental constructions. I mean if you like a girl / guy, you don't need any analyses for that, it's pretty noticeable! : D Just go for it and see what happens...

No, I'm not. I'm being realistic. A girl with little interest in the thing that my hobby is based on would eventually get tired of me having to take time away, hidden in my cave. A person who cares about my hobby would be statistically less likely to get fed up with it quickly.

Otherwise, I definitely don't need the hassle during those times then yes, I'd rather be alone.

I don't know. I mean I like ze pokemonz, but if you were working every hour of every day and wouldn't shut up about them I'd probably get fed up too.

Otherwise agreed with the seven of jays!

Maybe it's the fact that it's 2am, or maybe it's because the fucking book has been everywhere, but all I saw when I read that was "20 Shades of Jay".

Ugh.

I think people need to give Serebii some good pick up lines, I'll start.

You: Are you an archaeologist?

Girl: No

You: Damn, becuase I have a large bone for you to examine.

Thank me later!

1343805105452.jpg

Maybe it's the fact that it's 2am, or maybe it's because the fucking book has been everywhere, but all I saw when I read that was "20 Shades of Jay".

Ugh.

I don't even own one pair!

Of shades!

Sunglasses?

No.

Ok. Sorry.

I don't know. I mean I like ze pokemonz, but if you were working every hour of every day and wouldn't shut up about them I'd probably get fed up too.

It's not like I talk about it all the time. Away from my site, I never mention it and only talk about it when people ask me about it. Simple as.

Hi! Long time no speak! How are y-- oh' date=' wait, what's that? 6 months have passed and you're still moping and self-centered about this whole thing?

Advice?

You're not being realistic. You're [i']assuming[/i] far too much. You have no real concept of love, of wanting to spend time with another person, of, as ville said, respecting their oddities.

There is no guarentee that anything you say is true, or bound to happen. No guarentee! You set up these unoccurred scenarios to excuse your feeble attempts. You've created these imaginary, not-yet-happened instances that roll through your mind like a movie trailer each time you ponder a girl for long enough -- "coming soon! He has a month to save the world from a lack of knowledge, She has to put up with it. He is ashamed of what his whole life revolves around and she is therefore ashamed of him too. What is she thinking? Why is she with a... *shudder* gamer?!"

etcetcetc.

You need to check out this crazy theory called empiricism. It's where you need this thing called evidence, which tends to be gathered first-hand, to, like, prove something?

Basically, if a girl is lame enough to not understand your needs, to not acknowledge that you have a job that requires specific things in order for you to buy her pretty things, then she is not interested in you for you, she is interested in you for the sake of having a boyfriend.

What if she's a pilot? She goes away at least two or three times a month, for 3-5 days at a time? Is that going to lead to you walking out? You can't know the answer to this. There'd be other factors. If she was a bitch when she was around, then yeah, totally. If all she did was whine about shit, then yeah, totes. Dump that shit. But if she spends her every spare moment with you in a caring, funny, relaxed, loving way - then why end the relationship?

Stop being so ashamed. Stop thinking you have all the answers. Honestly, it's a little sad to come back 6 months later to see you've finally gotten round to dating sites, something we all said you should do over a year ago. You disrespected our opinion the entire time, shunned the success stories we all presented to you because of what? Your opinion.

Shh.

A girl with little interest in gaming will not spell the end. If you have little interest in shoes, make-up, shopping, 50 shades of grey/magic mike/twilight/formula 1/tennis/country music and yet she likes these things, does that mean it's over?

(well to be fair, twilight? I mean, jeez...)

Bottom line:

You have no experience of relationships so don't bother imagining what it'd be like, and don't let those imaginations stop anything from happening. Don't make up these stupid excuses.

Thing is, things have changed. Now I have free time again, I am making an effort...joined dating sites, messaging people on that etc. Also, speaking to randomers when I'm out. Sure, I took 2 months off socially where I was just focusing on work but still, there is a change occuring

I fail to see how me knowing what I want is unrealistic or me assuming things.

I also have knowledge of relationships having observed scores of them in my 26 years. This is why everyone I know comes to me for advice in their relationship, and my advice is always spot on, it's just hard for me to make the first step, but I'm getting there.

What the ginger man said.

Well I don't remember saying anything particularly insightful but thanks for the agreeance.

This is the thought that occurs to me: A decent amount of Pokemanz could easily be a dating boon. There must be a ton of ladies out there of a certain age who still harbour a private need to find some happy-go-lucky Brock and straddle his rock hard Onyx (figuratively speaking). But there is a limit.

It's good to be open about your hobbies and interests but @Serebii, you need a bit of variety, people need to know there's a complete person raring to go with other stuff they can connect and have fun with. Brock ran a gym but even he took time out to learn how to cook.

Edited by gaggle64

Well I don't remember saying anything particularly insightful but thanks for the agreeance.

He said "man".

Thing is, things have changed. Now I have free time again, I am making an effort...joined dating sites, messaging people on that etc. Also, speaking to randomers when I'm out. Sure, I took 2 months off socially where I was just focusing on work but still, there is a change occuring

What is this change?

I fail to see how me knowing what I want is unrealistic or me assuming things.
Yes, I know you fail to see. That's kind of a problem. But if you fail to see it as a problem, then it's all good!

Now, this is coming from someone who has a relationship, and has experience with relationships. I've not just read books about them, or seen movies where they happen.

Here's the issue.

You cannot safely state "I know what I want" when you have never had a relationship. If you don't know what you like or dislike in a relationship (which you can only know after being in one) then you don't know what you're looking for. You can assume things but you may be wrong. Do you understand that you may be wrong? Do you get that?

I state that it is unrealistic because, simply, it is not a realistic thing. Do you understand that? You do not know the reality of the situation, so you cannot make a statement that is real. Do you undersstttaaannnd?

If you have never had a relationship, then any of the bits where you speak about what you perceive a relationship to be like -- well tehy're assumptions. Do you see?

I also have knowledge of relationships having observed scores of them in my 26 years. This is why everyone I know comes to me for advice in their relationship, and my advice is always spot on, it's just hard for me to make the first step, but I'm getting there.
I also have extensive knowledge of the location of coins and rings. For coins, simply headbut a brick repeatedly, and for rings all you need to do is kick a hedgehog. Source: I have 25 years of experience with this.

I've also got at least 20 years of experience of watching birds fly and fish swim, so I believe I am the correct person to speak to regarding human flight and any attempts at holding your breath for extreme periods of time.

People seek relationship advice from others simply to gain another perspective. You may be able to offer them a new point of view - something rather possible for someone who is not them. The accuracy of your "spot on" statement is something that I have no need to argue, nor do you have ability to prove.

I know this is a bit hard for you to understand, but I'm actually existing in a different time to you currently, so I've had a drink or two and I'm finding it hard to type whilst laughing at your egotism.

Dude.

You do not have all the answers. Do you recognise this? You can be wrong. In fact, often you are wrong.

I also have extensive knowledge of the location of coins and rings. For coins' date=' simply headbut a brick repeatedly, and for rings all you need to do is kick a hedgehog. Source: I have 25 years of experience with this.

I've also got at least 20 years of experience of watching birds fly and fish swim, so I believe I am the correct person to speak to regarding human flight and any attempts at holding your breath for extreme periods of time.

[/quote']

:laughing::love:

Never leave ever again!

I also have extensive knowledge of the location of coins and rings. For coins' date=' simply headbut a brick repeatedly, and for rings all you need to do is kick a hedgehog. Source: I have 25 years of experience with this.

I've also got at least 20 years of experience of watching birds fly and fish swim, so I believe I am the correct person to speak to regarding human flight and any attempts at holding your breath for extreme periods of time.[/quote']

8QIEK.gif

What is this change?

Yes' date=' I know you fail to see. That's kind of a problem. But if you fail to see it as a problem, then it's all good!

Now, this is coming from someone who has a relationship, and has experience [i']with[/i] relationships. I've not just read books about them, or seen movies where they happen.

Here's the issue.

You cannot safely state "I know what I want" when you have never had a relationship. If you don't know what you like or dislike in a relationship (which you can only know after being in one) then you don't know what you're looking for. You can assume things but you may be wrong. Do you understand that you may be wrong? Do you get that?

I state that it is unrealistic because, simply, it is not a realistic thing. Do you understand that? You do not know the reality of the situation, so you cannot make a statement that is real. Do you undersstttaaannnd?

If you have never had a relationship, then any of the bits where you speak about what you perceive a relationship to be like -- well tehy're assumptions. Do you see?

I also have extensive knowledge of the location of coins and rings. For coins, simply headbut a brick repeatedly, and for rings all you need to do is kick a hedgehog. Source: I have 25 years of experience with this.

People seek relationship advice from others simply to gain another perspective. You may be able to offer them a new point of view - something rather possible for someone who is not them. The accuracy of your "spot on" statement is something that I have no need to argue, nor do you have ability to prove.

I know this is a bit hard for you to understand, but I'm actually existing in a different time to you currently, so I've had a drink or two and I'm finding it hard to type whilst laughing at your egotism.

Dude.

You do not have all the answers. Do you recognise this? You can be wrong. In fact, often you are wrong.

I explained the change. Clearly you are too inebriated to fully understand, especially as you are "laughing" at my egotism, which is uncalled for.

Me wanting things to be a certain way is not a problem of any sort. Just because I won't settle for things different from my desires does not mean that I am being egotistical, nor does it mean you can attempt to condescend me.

Me having a different view to you does not make me wrong, nor does it make you right and you need to accept that. You also cannot say that just because I have yet to be in a committed relationship means I cannot know what I want, what I dislike etc.

So please, kindly, desist from the attempts of condescension due to the fact I do not conform to your views. I am making a change now I have free time again, and that is what matters.

I love reading this topic! But yes, something I've noticed recently...

Everyone I know seems to be getting engaged/ married. Well, at least that's what Facebook tells me.

I'm going to my best friend from uni's wedding on Friday, and my other friend from uni is currently 8 months pregnant. Out of my closest four friends from college, two are engaged, one is married and the other is married with kids. I've got countless other friends that are also recently engaged/ pregnant/ have children. It seems that every weekend another announcement is made.

Is it just the age at which things happen, or has it become popular again? Has anyone else around my age (24) noticed this?

Everyone I know seems to be getting engaged/ married. Well, at least that's what Facebook tells me.

I'm going to my best friend from uni's wedding on Friday, and my other friend from uni is currently 8 months pregnant. Out of my closest four friends from college, two are engaged, one is married and the other is married with kids. I've got countless other friends that are also recently engaged/ pregnant/ have children. It seems that every weekend another announcement is made.

Is it just the age at which things happen, or has it become popular again? Has anyone else around my age (24) noticed this?

I'm 25, and yes, I've noticed. In fact, I went to my best friend from Uni's wedding last week!

I don't see the appeal. 25 just seems way too young to me to get married and settle down. Thankfully, Ine is the same, otherwise that would cause problems. I know friends from school who have 2 or 3 kids by now, which just seems insane to me.

Fuck Biology. I'm not even going to think about having kids until I'm 40. ;)

Maybe it's just our profession. I go to work, spend the whole day with kids there. I love being able to come home and do something else, whether that's gaming, music stuff, working out, or something. I love my job, but right now, I would go insane if I was around kids 24/7...

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I explained the change. Clearly you are too inebriated to fully understand, especially as you are "laughing" at my egotism, which is uncalled for.
Not the point.

Me having a different view to you does not make me wrong, nor does it make you right and you need to accept that. You also cannot say that just because I have yet to be in a committed relationship means I cannot know what I want, what I dislike etc.

So please, kindly, desist from the attempts of condescension due to the fact I do not conform to your views. I am making a change now I have free time again, and that is what matters.

The old "my opinion is different to yours" thing? Well so's mine! So eat that! And no complaining, because that's my opinion. You don't understand -- I can say these things because I speak from experience. I'm not just here to rub that in your face; it's surely a logical thing, to listen to someone who might know something from an angle you don't? Because that's what this is. Me coming at you saying "I, too, used to think like you, but thanks to years of actual legit interaction with the opposite sex I have learned that this way of thinking is not wholely correct or appropriate to deciding who is 'right' and 'wrong' for me.

People who claim to know what they dislike are people who are close-minded, scared to try new things, and unable to quantify why they don't like olives. They just don't. That last bit may be a personal dig at someone else.

Me wanting things to be a certain way is not a problem of any sort. Just because I won't settle for things different from my desires does not mean that I am being egotistical, nor does it mean you can attempt to condescend me.
I'm not trying to be mean (anymore) - I am simply stating (this isn't a personal opinion of mine, now) that you are wrong in doing this. You are narrowing things down when you don't necessarily know if they need to be narrowed. I am trying to get you to open your eyes to the possibility that your opinion on this matter can be wrong. Realising this can be good for you, and alleviate some fears or worries.

I like the bit about being too inebriated. The price of stuff down here, I wish!

Y'know what goes well with three weddings in two days alone? A girlfriend who is kinda a little bit not-so-subtle about the whole thing. She has a penchant for watching tv shows about weddings, wedding dresses, babies, wedding planning... She's told me that the ring doesn't have to be glamorous... She knows what dress she wants... So no pressure!

But of course I don't want to propose, knowing that I can't support us... She deserves the Big Day that she wants and I don't want to propose until I know that can happen.

Can we back up a bit here? What are these large limitations Serebii is putting on people? Does he turn down girls that say they have no interest in Pokemon? Or is he just worrying that if he finds someone they will leave him because he's in this profession?

Is his little paranoia getting in the way?

And Serebii, what are these changes? You say you know what you want, what is it?

Can we back up a bit here? What are these large limitations Serebii is putting on people? Does he turn down girls that say they have no interest in Pokemon? Or is he just worrying that if he finds someone they will leave him because he's in this profession?

And Serebii, what are these changes? You say you know what you want, what is it?

I think it's just that Serebii insists on finding a lady who is interested in gaming. It's a bit silly really, he's never going to catch 'em all with that attitude.

*Dons black makup and Bill Cosby voice* "Y'see, makin' love to a beautiful woman is a lot like catchin the Pokemans. You go searchin' through the long grass 'till you see the Cloyster you're looking for, then you just go throwin' your balls at it until the jobs done."

bill-cosby-funny-words-600.jpg

Just decided to read up the last few pages and I have JaySeven, you are completely right. Serebii I really do suggest just reading over what he's written atop this page and thinking about it, it's VERY good advice.

Bravo, Sir.

People who claim to know what they dislike are people who are close-minded' date=' scared to try new things, and unable to quantify why they don't like olives. They just [i']don't[/i]. That last bit may be a personal dig at someone else.

This part here is so true. Especially about olives, I used to think I hated them without even knowing if I'd tried one before. I had a few, they're ok.

I know someone who recently said "there are a worrying number of guys starting to like One Direction". That statement is just all wrong. Sure, the person in question may not like them himself but why shouldn't someone else like the music even if they are targetted towards teenage girls? If you like the music listen to them, if you don't, don't, but don't complain if someone else does.

Because One Direction are awful. FACT.

Was that your way of subtly coming out as a huge 1 direction fan? :p

It's just a preference. Not saying I wouldn't go with one, just that I'd prefer not to as it'd have issues down the line

Because One Direction are awful. FACT.

Was that your way of subtly coming out as a huge 1 direction fan? :p

I actually only like their first song and that started off as a joke between myself and a few friends.

I went to a lot of weddings around that age. I'm 33 and am now all my friends are announcing the birth of their 3rd or 4th child.