NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Argh! Women!

I got a random late night text last night from an ex. Weird because I've not seen her for well over 10 years but have spoken to her on Facebook last year just to catch up. She lives down south and is on about me going down there. Don't think I'll bother really as I get the impression she's after a relationship which I'm certainly not interested in. I find it quite staggering how quickly most women try to get their claws in. You're having fun and a laugh one minute, then they're on about moving in and having a serious relationship the next! That's why I've decided not to bother in future!

Case in point, my most recent ex has decided to move in with her new bloke. They've only been together a few months too! Am happy for her though. We have managed to stay friends, which is nice. I also had to finish with another girl I was seeing casually earlier this year because she started going on about relationship-py stuff after a few weeks, even though I made it clear from the start I didn't want anything to happen!

If you're with most people long enough, it is bound to end up heading towards that relationship stuff. You may tell them from the start, but they think they can change you.

Not sure whether to say good on you to standing up to your non-relationship wishes or not :p

Well I ended up cockblocking myself again. Seems to be my one talent

No, the calculator on his Pokedex

Oh Christ, now I just have the mental image of Serebbi whipping out his Pokedex, checking what type she is and then adapting his strategy accordingly. All whilst this is on the Jukebox, obviously:

Serebii used "Come back, our types match perfectly!". It's not very effective...

If he's looking for some experience in that department, he should sleep with one that has the Pokerus.

Seriously though, use condoms.

You guys make me sad :(

You come on here, post the vaguest statement possible denigrating yourself and then wonder why people pile in after? We're here to help but we need details, man.

To make it feel better:

You're still getting further than I am.

You need to learn new moves man, so that you can forget that "cockblock self" altogether.

To make it feel better:

You're still getting further than I am.

Plus relationships aren't everything as my recent break-up has taught me as there's much more to life :) obviously when you're finally in a relationship it can be one of the most amazing feelings, perhaps even comparable to battling a rare Pokemon for ages and then after many failed attempts finally catching it with your last remaining Pokeball...

... I'm really not helping am I? :p

But in all seriousness it seems that sometimes the best way to get into a relationship - or whatever else you may be looking for - is to just not really look... that's how I ended up in my last relationship, it may not have worked out but it still lasted a good couple of years or so and it's all experience that's helped me to 'level up' as it were...

... ok I'll stop now. :D

I do wish anyone looking for love the best of luck though : peace: but as for me? I think the only relationship I'll be in for the forseeable future is my life-long one with videogames which I feel I've been neglecting somewhat of late which I'll be going some way to strengthening so that they don't up and leave me too. :indeed:

Edited by S.C.G

Yeah a couple of my friends who have recently undergone issues with relationships say I have the right idea by being single and not bothering...it's just the fact I never seem to get anywhere which irks me

Yeah a couple of my friends who have recently undergone issues with relationships say I have the right idea by being single and not bothering...it's just the fact I never seem to get anywhere which irks me

I also find that it's pointless saying that to someone who wants a relationship. Just like how people tell others to "be more confident" as if they have a choice in the matter.

I'm pretty sure that from what you've been saying you're doing the opposite of 'not bothering'.

And @Cube - I think you can do something about confidence. You can definitely gain confidence if you work on it. I know I did.

And @Cube - I think you can do something about confidence. You can definitely gain confidence if you work on it. I know I did.

How did you get though it?

I'm pretty sure that from what you've been saying you're doing the opposite of 'not bothering'.

Not true. Last few months I haven't given two shits and have been focused on my work and my hobby. Now I'm free from the workload, I wanted to get back in the full social groove

With all this talk of cocklblocking, I think you're giving ReZ mafia ideas.

You need to learn new moves man, so that you can forget that "cockblock self" altogether.

Yeah because if you run out of moves, you're gonna 'struggle'. I'll stop now.

Not true. Last few months I haven't given two shits and have been focused on my work and my hobby. Now I'm free from the workload, I wanted to get back in the full social groove

How much did you go out over the last few months? To do the whole "not care about it" thing you do still need to go out and actually meet people.

How did you get though it?

Just conciously try and talk more to your friends. A lot of the time I used to think of things that I could say but wouldn't be sure if they were funny or not so didn't say it. Now I just say it.

So I've been messaging a 21 year old girl via OK Cupid, she seems pretty cool but I'm not sure if in reality the gap would be too big (I'm 28). We're chatting about meeting up, she's very pretty, but I'm a little unsure.

Thoughts?

From my experience, a 7 year gap isn't going to cause major issues. It really depends on the two people -- how mature are you and how mature is she? Age feels like something that should be treated as more fictitious (granted they're over the legal limit, of course!) and you should look at how she is as a person.

So I've been messaging a 21 year old girl via OK Cupid' date=' she seems pretty cool but I'm not sure if in reality the gap would be too big (I'm 28). We're chatting about meeting up, she's very pretty, but I'm a little unsure.

Thoughts?[/quote']

I think the stage of life that you're at is more important than age. For example, it's not going to work if you want to settle down but she still wants to explore for a few more years, or you want to start a family but she wants to wait until she's 30, etc.

Just give it a go and get to know her/each other before you make your mind up.

Also you're just in the "half +7" rule so you're OK there. Just stay away from those 20 year olds you dirty paedo.