NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Looks like it's one of those again: Don't answer when posed with that kind of question. ::shrug:

I'll never understand this. Is it too difficult to just say: Sorry, I'm not interested or I don't want to? It's not like I'll start crying when I get a "no" as an answer.

Edit: She did answer just now with "I'm so busy right now" and listed several things coming up for her (exams, festival, work, vacation).

Normally I'd say "Fuck it" and move on, but I'm not letting her off easy. I want her to say that she's not interested :p

Just told her I'd like to buy her a drink if she is available for an hour or so the next days, unless there is no interest from her and I'm wasting my time by asking.

Maybe I'm coming across as a dick but I really just want her to tell me that she's not interested. It's not that difficult and it's not that big of a deal. I'm really annoyed right now. :laughing:

rrr.gif

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

24 hours later.
"Hm, yeah, sorry. I don't think I'm interested."

mshckd.gif

I'll have you know that I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight, because, you know, I'm devastated...

whatever.gif

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

@drahkon Blah. Seems like you and I are going to become best internet buddies. We're kinda in the same boat... Maybe??

About two years ago I matched with this person on Tinder. She's got amazing eyes and a weird enough personality for me. She deletes Tinder soon after, but we were already following each other on Instagram. We exchange numbers on there. We text back and forth a few times. I ask her out for a drink. No response. Text back and forth some more. I ask her out for a drink again. No response.

Then I meet my now-ex-girlfriend and that was that.

Tinder girl and I text each other here and then just about random **** throughout my previous relationship. Nothing flirty. Just BS'ing, talking about beer and food and Pittsburgh.

Something jogs my memory about her and pizza last week. I text her about it and we chat back and forth. Last night I asked her if she wanted to grab dinner. No response. For a number of hours.

This morning she texts back, something similar to "Dinner as in a date?? I'm seeing someone... :|"

Followed up by, "We could grab drinks today though"

I obviously say yes. But then I think about her social media pictures and whatnot. No dudes. Is... is who I thought her best friend for these last 2 years actually her girlfriend...? So many thoughts going through my head.

After work today, drinks happened. Went well, lasted almost 3 hours. Ended with a hug and her saying "We should hang out again."

Technology.

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

• Like 2

I'd say...Women...

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

:p

No luck on Tinder. Haven't gotten any matches in weeks. Maybe I'm just ugly. :D

The lady I've met twice doesn't respond to my messages anymore. ::shrug: God, I hate being single :laughing:

I'm 95% certain that chick I went to get drinks with on Tuesday has a girlfriend. That sucks for me. Especially since we had a thing 2 years ago and definitely had another strong connection Tuesday.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Christ I had forgotten how tricky online dating is. Good luck to you both! 

I know people go on about how its easier for women, but sometimes I think people need to remember "Stunningly attractive women" because fuck knows I never found it easy.

Whoops, there goes my tiny rant.

Anyway gushy stuff ahead, be warned singletons! 

Spoiler

So following on from the bad stuff thread - I'll keep it short. Basically, had a meltdown at work over my health stuff. 
My HR manager had to contact my next port of call, normally, for most people thats your husband/wife/mum/dad. For me, my office (its only about 50 people so everyone knows everything of everyone) knows that Sean is the only person in this country I'd go too. 

So she rings him, giving him very little information, telling him to get his butt to my office (which he has never driven to mind) because I'm in the office basically having a crying panic attack.

That boy, no questions asked, no details, demands to work that he leave and drives 1.5 hours to come and make sure I'm ok. 

Fuck me, I know we've been together over 3 years, but he surprises me everyday. Not even my OWN family have ever done something like for me. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, nightwolf said:

Christ I had forgotten how tricky online dating is. Good luck to you both! 

I know people go on about how its easier for women, but sometimes I think people need to remember "Stunningly attractive women" because fuck knows I never found it easy.

Whoops, there goes my tiny rant.

Anyway gushy stuff ahead, be warned singletons! 

Here be gushy romantic stuff! (Hide contents)

So following on from the bad stuff thread - I'll keep it short. Basically, had a meltdown at work over my health stuff. 
My HR manager had to contact my next port of call, normally, for most people thats your husband/wife/mum/dad. For me, my office (its only about 50 people so everyone knows everything of everyone) knows that Sean is the only person in this country I'd go too. 

So she rings him, giving him very little information, telling him to get his butt to my office (which he has never driven to mind) because I'm in the office basically having a crying panic attack.

That boy, no questions asked, no details, demands to work that he leave and drives 1.5 hours to come and make sure I'm ok. 

Fuck me, I know we've been together over 3 years, but he surprises me everyday. Not even my OWN family have ever done something like for me. 

Awww. Stories like this give me clear evidence that love actually exists and I might not grow old alone, haha.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Animal said:

Awww. Stories like this give me clear evidence that love actually exists and I might not grow old alone, haha.

Dude, if there's anyone who won't grow old alone it's you!

• Like 3

On 22/07/2017 at 11:59 PM, drahkon said:

Dude, if there's anyone who won't grow old alone it's you!

I'm glad you have that faith. I'm starting to wonder, haha.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2017 at 11:04 PM, Animal said:

You and me both. 

I am sure you will Animal you're a lovely bloke! :)

Finally got another match on Tinder.

Got a message 60 seconds later. Suspicious.

It was an emoji. Ohhhhh, is it a bot?

I waited a couple of minutes.

"I wanna get fucked. [Link to a website that appears to "offer" asian women]."

Well...

• Like 1

On my way to work today I saw a girl I dated for a few weeks last year, so I decided to stalk her online and see what she was up to. I found her blog and saw a post from January 2017 about how she got engaged in December 2016.

The post said "my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me"...

• Like 2

Some people ignore breaks when stating that kind of thing. Could be they weren't together at that time.

Or whatever, it's life

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Some people ignore breaks when stating that kind of thing. Could be they weren't together at that time.

Or whatever, it's life

Yeah I think they'd broken up at the time and then got back together. Still though, that means she got engaged 7 months after we dated. Feels weird.

Have to rant about my best mate's girlfriend again...

I've been spending a little more time with my best mate in recent weeks because he's going abroad soon. Since he lives in a part of town where busses only drive until 10pm I've spent the night at his place every time I was there.

One morning he told me: "My girlfriend just asked me again whether it's really you who spends the night and not some other woman. Funny, isn't it?" And he laughed.

I said that it's not funny at all. It's sad because it shows that there's not an inch of trust on her side.

"Nah, it's fine."

IT IS NOT. I can't believe this...how does he not see it? Can you really be that blind to the issue?

When my first girlfriend asked me whether I was really going to a poker night and not to another woman....I asked her if she was serious, she said yes and I broke up with her.

I know, everybody's different, but...I just don't understand it.

This issue comes up literally every other day...for almost 2 years it's been like this :(

Edited by drahkon

Talk about paranoid, you can't have a decent relationship like that.

I would probably, if it were my friend, lessen spending time with them. Which actually does defeat the point, but if you're going to deal with this crap all the time, then what choice do you have? 

18 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

Talk about paranoid, you can't have a decent relationship like that.

I would probably, if it were my friend, lessen spending time with them. Which actually does defeat the point, but if you're going to deal with this crap all the time, then what choice do you have? 

I've gotten used to it.

Most of the time I don't even respond to anything he says about it, anymore. It's always the same and I would always answer the same. Sometimes it's just too much, though, and I tell him straight away what I think.

I still can't believe they've been together for more than two years now. And it's always been like how I described it...paranoia and jealousy on her part. Mind you, he's not a saint either...he can be very jealous, too. But what do I know...all my recent relationships ended and I have no fucking idea why...

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Are you sure she's not doing it as a joke? That sounds like the sort of joke you make "who are you chatting with? you side chick?".

Has he ever given her reason to suspect he might cheat?

39 minutes ago, MoogleViper said:

Are you sure she's not doing it as a joke? That sounds like the sort of joke you make "who are you chatting with? you side chick?".

100% sure. More than once I was in the next room while she was screaming at him for talking (and I mean really only talking) to another woman.

You should read some of her texts...let me loosely translate one sentence he's read to me two weeks ago:

"I'm not sure if I can deal with you and your female friends much longer, they invite you to their parties and I'm pretty sure you'll only flirt with them."

And he does no such thing.

Edit: Just thinking about her wording again makes me sick..."Not sure if I can deal with blabla much longer." She's used those words more than once in recent months. I'm sorry, but when you say it like that...it's over in my book. But I'm not a writer...

Has he ever given her reason to suspect he might cheat?

Not at all. This could be friendship bias (I hope I'm the first to come up with that term), but he's the nicest guy I've ever met.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Don't try and play it cool. I share the same name as your hero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1