NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Still not found anyone and single life isn't suiting me that well . So many flakers on tinder it's unreal . It's so so demoralising

It was just under a year ago that I posted in here "tinder date soon!" - and we're still together and going strong :D

Still not found anyone and single life isn't suiting me that well . So many flakers on tinder it's unreal . It's so so demoralising

Sorry to hear that man, but it might be the case that maybe Tinder isn't really suited to you? I wouldn't necessarily advise you to give up using it, but maybe getting yourself out there some nights with mates could help?

Honestly, I have absolutely zero confidence so it's a bit contradictory for me to give a suggestion to muster up your confidence and attempt that. I've had very few relationships but I've been lucky and been friends with them before something happened.

The only thing I can actually say, that has helped me, is to not avidly search for it. That has never worked for me personally and, like yourself, has felt demoralizing. I've had plenty of dates here that never progressed, and I ended up with a good friend here after a series of events and I think that in itself has made me even happier that I'm with them. I feel quite fortunate in that respect, but you never know what can happen. Just keep your chin up mate.

Sorry to hear that man, but it might be the case that maybe Tinder isn't really suited to you? I wouldn't necessarily advise you to give up using it, but maybe getting yourself out there some nights with mates could help?

Honestly, I have absolutely zero confidence so it's a bit contradictory for me to give a suggestion to muster up your confidence and attempt that. I've had very few relationships but I've been lucky and been friends with them before something happened.

The only thing I can actually say, that has helped me, is to not avidly search for it. That has never worked for me personally and, like yourself, has felt demoralizing. I've had plenty of dates here that never progressed, and I ended up with a good friend here after a series of events and I think that in itself has made me even happier that I'm with them. I feel quite fortunate in that respect, but you never know what can happen. Just keep your chin up mate.

Nights out are harder near me as moved to a new area so struggling to find people to go out with . Uni was so much easier than the real world dating wise

Nights out are harder near me as moved to a new area so struggling to find people to go out with . Uni was so much easier than the real world dating wise

Oh god, I know that feeling. It's so difficult meeting new people outside of your circle of work and current friends as an adult.

Luckily here I have very social jobs and activities as I live in a share house (which is where I met my girlfriend), so I bump into new people all the god damn time. In England I was lucky to make a new friend at all.

That could be an idea , God I miss uni , I had such a social network and then I lost it as a collateral of this breakup . The pain is gone , but the damage is permanent . More than likely I have my deathbed regret in my life already

Guys, I need you right now.

I really like this girl and I don't know but I feel like I'm picking up a vibe that she likes me too or she's just being friendly...I don't know.

Anyway, bit of a backstory. I used to work with this girl in one of my many jobs but she was only there for a short time and it was about 3 years ago. I'm not saying its an excuse but I drove her home, we had this good talk and she told me to never change for anyone and there was definitely this moment between us but I didn't do anything about it because of my job and also my size at the time and I was self-conscious about it. After that, I never saw her again and I kind of kicked myself wondering if I should've made a move or something.

Fast-forward to the present about a couple of months ago and I bumped into her and she commented on how great I looked with the weight loss and stuff and I said she looked great too. I was on the verge of asking her out but she genuinely had to run because she was late for work (didn't know where at this point).

Yesterday, I went shopping with one of my colleagues to pick up some bits and we went in a clothes shop. The alarm bleeped as we walked in and there she was. She approached us and she smiled at me. She said "To be honest, I didn't come over about the alarm, I came over because I saw you come in and I thought I'd say hi". I said hello and we spoke very briefly and she had to go back.

My colleague said she definitely likes me and I do with her and I wanted to ask her out but my question is is it creepy to ask her out at her workplace or would you all go for it? It's the only place I know where she is but I wouldn't want to get her in trouble or anything...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bump into her at her workplace, make small talk, suggest catching up properly over a drink/dinner/whatever. Job done.

Go ask her out, I don't even think you need to make an excuse to bump into her,just go in and say you'd been thinking about her and ask her out

Either of the above are good. Whichever you feel most comfortable doing.

Just make sure you do something and don't regret missing the chance later.

ask her out, if she found your interactions awkward she would have avoided you like the plague. She sounds at least interested in being friends, if not more! Also you deserve some happiness after all the work youve done! Just don't let it go to shit like I did when I got a boyfriend lol.

I'm trying to crack a tough nut, i think hes one of these guys that needs to be hit round the head with an obvious stick before he does anything about an interest.... Good job I'm pretty forward :laughing:

As her out for dinner and go from there - sounds to me like she's definitely interested in you! If it doesn't work out you may still end up with a cool friend out of it too.

As her out for dinner and go from there - sounds to me like she's definitely interested in you! If it doesn't work out you may still end up with a cool friend out of it too.

True. I'd probably have to try and find a vegan restaurant if we did. I'm not sure how vegan she is but if she was anything like my ex-manager, she might not go anywhere that's been cross-contaminated with meat and non-vegan products. I hope she isn't like that!

Bump into her at her workplace' date=' make small talk, suggest catching up properly over a drink/dinner/whatever. Job done.[/quote']

Go ask her out, I don't even think you need to make an excuse to bump into her,just go in and say you'd been thinking about her and ask her out

I think I might just go in and ask her outright. Knowing what I'm like, I'll talk to build myself up and then never do it, haha. I never used to be like this. I was always confident but over the last couple of years, something has changed. Odd!

Either of the above are good. Whichever you feel most comfortable doing.

Just make sure you do something and don't regret missing the chance later.

Definitely. I regretted not doing anything before. I mean, what are the odds that, in the second biggest city, she starts to work in a place I've been working in for years. #TedMosby

ask her out, if she found your interactions awkward she would have avoided you like the plague. She sounds at least interested in being friends, if not more! Also you deserve some happiness after all the work youve done! Just don't let it go to shit like I did when I got a boyfriend lol.

I'm trying to crack a tough nut, i think hes one of these guys that needs to be hit round the head with an obvious stick before he does anything about an interest.... Good job I'm pretty forward :laughing:

Thank you, hon, and he got it to shit, not you! You aren't to blame! I think I'm genuinely afraid of rejection this time. I've never really been afraid before. It sucks but I'm cool with it but I really don't want to be rejected by her. I think it's because I liked her before. We need more blatant women like you, Raining! haha

I'm just going to rip the plaster off and do it! I also need to look good and stuff.

True. I'd probably have to try and find a vegan restaurant if we did. I'm not sure how vegan she is but if she was anything like my ex-manager, she might not go anywhere that's been cross-contaminated with meat and non-vegan products. I hope she isn't like that!

Ha! As I made my response I did think 'I hope she isn't awkward with any food' - typical that she'd be a vegan :p

Still - good jumping off point - suggest dinner but acknowledge that she's vegan and see if there's anywhere SHE can suggest that's good for her. If not or she insists on not doing dinner dial back to drinks/coffee/whatevs. Mostly it's just me but I always like dinner as a starting point - just a bit nicer than a quick drink, gives plenty of chance for chat and learning about someone etc. You can always go for dinner and then drinks after as well.

Don't opt for any awkward cover story in the asking her out either(ie pretending you bumped into her etc) - just straight up go for it as it is and be honest about it.

Guy I'm seeing now, can't stand garlic.

Basically everything has garlic in it.

I think I might break up with him.

I hate emotions.

I wish I was a sociopath.

Edited by Daft
Mildly important comma added

Guy I'm seeing now, can't stand garlic.

Basically everything has garlic in it.

I think I might break up with him.

I hate emotions.

I wish I was a sociopath.

My former colleagues husband was allergic to garlic, apparently it was a nightmare to cook for him, and its in SO MUCH. I feel for you, I really cannot abide fussy eaters. Eat all the things or gowai

So I'm going out with someone who is lovely but they are critical about a lot. Not people but TV, movies and games. He's a massive buzzkill. And I don't really know what to do. He can't really get his head around it. And I don't know what to do.

As someone who's the same way, I think that he sounds lovely and that you should cut him some slack. Maybe a lot of slack!

So I'm going out with someone who is lovely but they are critical about a lot. Not people but TV, movies and games. He's a massive buzzkill. And I don't really know what to do. He can't really get his head around it. And I don't know what to do.

Hmmm can you see it working? My girlfriend doesn't understand gaming but she respects that I love it. Her not understanding it was an issue for me initially but I just figured that you do not need to have completely shared interests with the other half.