NEurope
Kurtle Squad

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Is it me, or has valentines day become less about actual couples and more about single people desperately trying to tell the world how they're OK with being single?

Is that just because of facebook though? On the whole, I thought it didn't seem all too bad. Had a few people doing tag-ins showing they were doing something, and one guy put a status about what he was doing but that as due to being an open invite to singletons, few other people tagged the people they were spending it with, and one mate happened to casually send me a photo of something in the pub that I suspect wasn't all that pressing but clearly showed me he was out and doing something.

However considering a friendlist of like a few hundred friends - I'd say I saw less than 10, which isn't all that terrible.

Having said that, The Oatmeal Valentines Day

(also recommend checking out some of their awesome valentines)

Edited by Rummy

Money is a very small reason for having a job.

What? Money is the only reason I have a job. Surely no one goes and gets a job just to meet women?

What? Money is the only reason I have a job. Surely no one goes and gets a job just to meet women?

Not to mention small companies and working from home.

Okay, the coffee machines also have something to do with it.

Okay, the coffee machines also have something to do with it.

And the free water machine as well, that was a selling point for me.

Anywho, got myself another date after work tomorrow. Slightly nervous, but that's to be expected.

And the free water machine as well, that was a selling point for me.

The tap? We've got one of them at home. It's amazing.

The tap? We've got one of them at home. It's amazing.

But you miss out on the water cooler moments!

This

You can't miss out on the water cooler moments, the one in work has ice cold and cold water. It's lovely.

And you can show off your brute strength when the bottle needs changing.

And you can show off your brute strength when the bottle needs changing.

Yeah, just don't take your shirt off first. When the Diet Coke guy does it, it's sexy, but apparently when I do it HR have to get involved.

Edited by Goafer

Yeah, just don't take your shirt off first. When the Diet Cike guy does it, it's sexy, but apparently when I do it HR have to get involved.

He's not as hairy as you. It's just a health and safety thing.

One thing I have noticed is that dating sites seem to utterly suck here.

Compared to where?

Compared to where?

Compared to Manchester. There seemed to be a variety, whereas it seems to be entirely 23 year old mothers in North Wales.

Yeah, just don't take your shirt off first. When the Diet Cike guy does it, it's sexy, but apparently when I do it HR have to get involved.

That's because you missed the theme music that goes along with it......

That's because you missed the theme music that goes along with it......

I tried to play the sax, but it just made things worse to be honest. Spilling the water bottle all over the place probably didn't help. Gave my rippled abs a good sheen though.

If I were to get a full time job, it'd be at detriment to the site and would cause the site to die.

No thanks.

I don't ignore advice. I've taken a lot of it to heart which is now why I'm getting responses :)

Not trying to get on your back or owt, but one could look at your situation and say that the site is to the detriment of your life. Just another way of looking at it.

A work place has its plusses and minuses. One of the best things about it is that you're able to connect with others and meet new people with different interests. You're then able to connect on different levels and talk about a wide range of things. It changes you as a person.

There has to be a middle-ground, a balance, where you can do something that you enjoy doing and then have all of the other good things in life, including good people. It's also something that I think gets harder with age. Do you really want to be in the same situation in, say, 10 years from now?

Not trying to get on your back or owt, but one could look at your situation and say that the site is to the detriment of your life. Just another way of looking at it.

A work place has its plusses and minuses. One of the best things about it is that you're able to connect with others and meet new people with different interests. You're then able to connect on different levels and talk about a wide range of things. It changes you as a person.

There has to be a middle-ground, a balance, where you can do something that you enjoy doing and then have all of the other good things in life, including good people. It's also something that I think gets harder with age. Do you really want to be in the same situation in, say, 10 years from now?

It isn't at detriment to my life. I go out practically 99% of opportunities that arise. Nights out, trips to other cities etc.

Just because I'm not working a 9-5 job doesn't mean that it's at detriment. If anything, I'd say it's the opposite. My time is flexible so I have the opportunities to enjoy life more than most.

It's the monthly 'Shit on Serebii' thread! Leave him alone, he can do what the fuck he pleases; he's the Pokemon master.

I'm not trying to shit on Serebii, I'm genuinely trying to offer advice.

And that's fine, but he didn't ask for advice, so everyone should calm down if he chooses not to take heed.

I would assume anyone posting here with an issue is inviting in advice.

Well I'm not.

But yeah, whatever, I don't care. Serebii, you should shut your website and go get a job selling insurance. You'll be much happier. You might even get some poon.

It's the monthly 'Shit on Serebii' thread! Leave him alone, he can do what the fuck he pleases; he's the Pokemon master.

Just tryin' to get a brother laiiiiiid.

I'm in a bit of a predicament...

The lady told me she'd like to go abroad for 3-6 months once she has her Bachelor's degree and after that she'll probably move to a different town and do her Master's there.

Thing is, I don't want a long distance relationship and there's no way I'll be able to go with her. :hmm:

I told her that, I also told her that I don't want to end things because our relationship is great.

Why is life always complicated?